The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   "Brown Eyes" (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=27024)

Dreamz19 06-06-2006 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by takenbythesky
I have been listening to the album version of "Brown Eyes" from the Tusk reissue quite a bit lately.

The past few days I've been hearing something new. Around the 1:28 mark, Christine says/sings words that sound like "touch me."

Is this old news? Does anyone else hear "touch me," or am I simply crazy?

I have always heard it so your not crazy :D "Brown Eyes" is one of my favorite FM songs. It's just so smooth and gorgeous! As a new fan I was mostly all about Stevie and her songs. That song (and the entire album) truly made me love and appreciate Christine & Lindsay like I hadn't before.

Dreamz19 06-06-2006 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber
Oh. Well, I think it's one of the most unusual sounding. And it's a bit dark tinged, which I don't hear as much from Christine. Speaking of which, Think About Me is playing now, and it's totally normal sounding.
Anyway, yeah, what you said about art. Eww, SMAP. Must skip.

I like SMAP. Well I pretty much like every song on the CD. Even though a few of them had to grow on me. The only song on Tusk I don't really care for is "That's Enough For Me."

Dreamz19 06-06-2006 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David
I hate this song. I dunno....I've always just....just hate it & it bugs me. :sorry: :sorry: :sorry: :sorry:

Wow I have never met a "Brown Eyes" hater lol.

David 06-06-2006 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreamz19
Wow I have never met a "Brown Eyes" hater lol.

I don't really hate it. I actually really like it.

HomerMcvie 06-06-2006 11:39 PM

Quote:

Lindsay like I hadn't before.

You still haven't. LindsAy is the bionic woman.:rolleyes:
LindsEy.:sorry: Not really.:p

Dreamz19 06-07-2006 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
You still haven't. LindsAy is the bionic woman.:rolleyes:
LindsEy.:sorry: Not really.:p

Aww big deal I missed the letter a. Usually I get it right :p or should I make a note that the LindsEy fans will have my head if I spell his name wrong by mistake?

wondergirl9847 06-07-2006 12:47 AM

Yes

Yes...wE will. ;)

:laugh:

Dreamz19 06-07-2006 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
Yes...wE will. ;)

:laugh:

Ok well I am sorry :shrug: I am not used to typing out his name. Anytime I write out the name its with an A because that is how my friend spells her name. I know he spells it different and I usually get it. But sometimes the habit gets me.

wondergirl9847 06-07-2006 12:54 AM

I'm just joshin' ya

Don't worry, I won't hunt ya down or nothin'. Hee! We have people who spell it Danny Kirwin....Christy McVee....Stevee Nicks...etc. LOL

You're a newbie. We were ALLLLL newbies once. :)

Dreamz19 06-07-2006 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
Don't worry, I won't hunt ya down or nothin'. Hee! We have people who spell it Danny Kirwin....Christy McVee....Stevee Nicks...etc. LOL

You're a newbie. We were ALLLLL newbies once. :)

:laugh: ok Thank You.

amber 06-07-2006 03:45 AM

Quote:

I like SMAP. Well I pretty much like every song on the CD. Even though a few of them had to grow on me. The only song on Tusk I don't really care for is "That's Enough For Me."

That is one of my very favorites. I love yelling YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! :laugh:
I tend to like faster tempo songs, anyway. SMAP is hotly debated, though. I mean, some people here really, really love it. I like it better than I used to. Wait, no, I like Walk a Thin Line better than I used to.

Dreamz19 06-07-2006 03:53 AM

Quote:

That is one of my very favorites. I love yelling YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! :laugh:
I tend to like faster tempo songs, anyway. SMAP is hotly debated, though. I mean, some people here really, really love it. I like it better than I used to. Wait, no, I like Walk a Thin Line better than I used to.

I actually loved SMAP when I first heard "Tusk." But for some reason it is not really a huge favorite of mine anymore but I still like it. I don't even understand why since it's not like I hear it all the time. Now I loveee "Walk a Thin Line," esp the demo version of it.

Just curious, do you like "That's All For Everyone?" I don't know many people who like that song but I absolutely love it for some reason. I might be in the minority.

amber 06-07-2006 04:03 AM

Quote:

I actually loved SMAP when I first heard "Tusk." But for some reason it is not really a huge favorite of mine anymore but I still like it. I don't even understand why since it's not like I hear it all the time. Now I loveee "Walk a Thin Line," esp the demo version of it.

Just curious, do you like "That's All For Everyone?" I don't know many people who like that song but I absolutely love it for some reason. I might be in the minority.

Meh. It's one of my three least favorites. Again, too slow. Drony. It sounds like you like slower songs. :shrug: But I couldn't rightly say that I hate any songs from TUSK. I still see the merits of the songs I don't care as much for.

Dreamz19 06-07-2006 04:19 AM

Quote:

Meh. It's one of my three least favorites. Again, too slow. Drony. It sounds like you like slower songs. :shrug: But I couldn't rightly say that I hate any songs from TUSK. I still see the merits of the songs I don't care as much for.

I never really thought about it but yeah I guess the ones I like the most are the slower songs. All in all I really just enjoy the entire CD except for that one song I mentioned. Even then I don't even really hate it. But Tusk is without a doubt my favorite FM album.

amber 06-07-2006 04:30 AM

Quote:

I never really thought about it but yeah I guess the ones I like the most are the slower songs. All in all I really just enjoy the entire CD except for that one song I mentioned. Even then I don't even really hate it. But Tusk is without a doubt my favorite FM album.

Yeah, exactly. It's hard to find too much fault with Tusk. :shrug: It's perfectly exquisite.