The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Present Band (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Atlanta, GA (3/3/19) (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58590)

luminol 03-04-2019 12:08 PM

Atlanta, GA (3/3/19)

Anyone go? I live in ATL and had no interest. Fortunately, I was able to see the 2015 Rumours lineup show despite having a newborn and "that's enough for me." No need to see this lineup without LB.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/fleet...a-392f19f.html

Have they dropped songs this leg? Weren't "Tell me all the things you do," "Isn't it midnight," and "Monday morning" on the set before? Are they getting lazy?? What's that short set about?!

If I paid big money for tickets to see this show and they cut (at least) 3 songs (plus no LB), I would be pretty bitter.

kak125 03-04-2019 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luminol (Post 1249825)
Anyone go? I live in ATL and had no interest. Fortunately, I was able to see the 2015 Rumours lineup show despite having a newborn and "that's enough for me." No need to see this lineup without LB.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/fleet...a-392f19f.html

Have they dropped songs this leg? Weren't "Tell me all the things you do," "Isn't it midnight," and "Monday morning" on the set before? Are they getting lazy?? What's that short set about?!

If I paid big money for tickets to see this show and they cut (at least) 3 songs (plus no LB), I would be pretty bitter.

'Isn't It Midnight' was dropped a while ago and replaced with Hold Me. 'Monday Morning' was done on Friday in Chicago and it looks like 'Tell Me All The Things You Do' was dropped after Feb 24th. I agree I would be super pissed! I was very lucky to have heard 'Isn't It Midnight' at the Pittsburgh show but I was salty about them dropping 'Hypnotized' & 'I Got You'.

luminol 03-04-2019 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kak125 (Post 1249826)
'Isn't It Midnight' was dropped a while ago and replaced with Hold Me. 'Monday Morning' was done on Friday in Chicago and it looks like 'Tell Me All The Things You Do' was dropped after Feb 24th. I agree I would be super pissed! I was very lucky to have heard 'Isn't It Midnight' at the Pittsburgh show but I was salty about them dropping 'Hypnotized' & 'I Got You'.

OMG I didn't even catch that those two were dropped, too! I WOULD BE SO PISSED!

I am so so glad I did not spring money to see such a short set, with so many songs dropped from the original fall setlist. I haven't been keeping up, so I would have been expecting ALL of those. Phew... completely reinforces that my decision was the right one.

Phil 03-04-2019 06:36 PM

I think it's a safe bet that "I Got You" will be reinstated for the Australian/New Zealand leg plus perhaps another Crowded House track ("Weather With You", "Into Temptation" or "Fingers Of Love" all would make great choices, particularly with a Stevie lead/harmony vocal).
I'd also be surprised if they didn't bulk up Neil's presence for the UK shows since he has a strong following there as well.

SteveMacD 03-05-2019 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kak125 (Post 1249826)

I was going to see them in Chicago, but kind of glad unforeseen circumstances kept me from going. It would have been nice to hear Hold Me, but too many of the interesting songs have gotten cut. Glad I caught the Louisville show.

David 03-05-2019 07:13 PM

I've heard that they're considering adding some "deep cut" gems to the set:
  • Sara
  • Remember Me
  • Rattlesnake Shake
  • Tusk
  • Crystal (duet with Neil and Stevie)

SteveMacD 03-05-2019 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1249892)

I could go for two of those. Actually, three, but one isn’t exactly deep.

Storms123 03-05-2019 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1249897)
I could go for two of those. Actually, three, but one isn’t exactly deep.

I would agree--I would actually say 3 of them aren't exactly deep.

Macfan4life 03-06-2019 06:00 AM

OMG
Don't embarrass yourself Neil and do Tusk. Lindsey is the only one that can pull that off.

SteveMacD 03-06-2019 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1249911)
OMG
Don't embarrass yourself Neil and do Tusk. Lindsey is the only one that can pull that off.

Agreed. Although, Johnny Cash could have done an amazing cover.

kak125 03-06-2019 11:34 AM

Just a note that Monday Morning was back last night in DC and I surely hope they wouldn't attempt to do Tusk.

BigAl84 03-06-2019 11:45 AM

LOL...So Sara is a deep cut now? LOLOL

David 03-06-2019 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1249918)
LOL...So Sara is a deep cut now? LOLOL

Well, maybe it just cuts deep. :p

aleuzzi 03-06-2019 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1249892)
  • Sara
  • Remember Me
  • Rattlesnake Shake
  • Tusk
  • Crystal (duet with Neil and Stevie)

Where did you hear this? "Remember Me" would be (for me) and event.

aleuzzi 03-06-2019 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1249912)
Agreed. Although, Johnny Cash could have done an amazing cover.

Johnny Cash could have done amazing covers of Big Love, Go Insane, and others...