The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What does Stevie smell like? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=49938)

poetinmyheart 04-03-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Springs (Post 1046208)
Oh honey, I wish I could tell you that somebody hadn't queried on this. It was on Facebook.

I ended the conversation.

Wow, I don't really know what to say to this :laugh:

BlueDenimLamp 04-03-2012 06:35 PM

It wasn't easy but I knew there was an answer at this place called "The Nicks Fix" http://rockalittle.com/ After making my way through a ton of spider webs and dust I found this. "Ask Lori" http://rockalittle.com/SingerPage/singers/ask_lori.html --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
from Linda in Philadelphia
Hello Lori,
First i like to say i pray Chris is doing better and i will pray for your family. I like to thank you and Stevie for all the years of very up lifting song you do. Stevie is my saving grace and i mean that literally. You sound great Lori. Thank you Both so much. Hugs & Kisses to you all.And do you know what Stevie's favorite perfume is? I was told she loves Beautiful.
Thank You!

Lori's answer:

Thank you, Linda, for your thots... I'm glad that Stevie's music has meant so much to you! To be honest, Stevie doesn't really wear perfume anymore, as she tends to be very sensitive to most. Altho, I am not familiar with "Beautiful," but at one time she used to mix patchouli and musk oils to make her own scent. Now, if she wears any oils or lotions, they are usually gardenia and tuberose scents.

So Stevie smells like flowers and patchouli...So says Lori...

Nathan 04-03-2012 06:35 PM

Nothing wrong with asking what she smells like, Jesus people.

I know the old lady smell you're talking about. I suspect that a sizeable chunk of her earnings go toward maintenance and upkeep. That being the case, I believe she probably smells pretty fantastic.

Rumor has it that she bottles her own scents. Or has them made, or something.

Otherwise I'd say cannabis and nag champa would cover it.

jkmaletic 04-03-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poetinmyheart (Post 1046216)
Wow, I don't really know what to say to this :laugh:

Stevie once said there were a lot of Wheat Thins around while recording SYW. Wonder what the fiber content is in those things? Hmmm
:D

BlueDenimLamp 04-03-2012 06:53 PM

In Stevie-land everyone smells wonderful,eats rainbows and poops butterflies:nod:

michelej1 04-03-2012 07:08 PM

Oh, people have talked about her smell before. I remember teasing someone about it, because after a magazine article said she smelled good or something they agreed and I was saying, "Oh no! After the book signing, none of you said she smelled good, so don't jump on the olfactory bandwagon now!" But the people who met her said she smelled good and her hands were all soft and so on.

And one would assume that these things would be so. I don't think anyone expects her to be dry and stinky.

Michele

Etisl 04-03-2012 07:51 PM

Actually that is a great question...........but, one question that I would love the answer to is....What kind of lotion does Stevie wear on her hands....???? She literally has the softest hands I have ever touched.....when I have shaken her hands at concerts. They are sooooo tiny, and soooo soft...... eeerie, I almost wonder if she truly is an Angel on Earth. :D

UndoingTheLaces 04-03-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp (Post 1046234)
In Stevie-land everyone smells wonderful,eats rainbows and poops butterflies:nod:

Bwahahahaha!!!!!!! :lol:

Macfanforever 04-03-2012 09:28 PM

Ooh my gawd. hahaha.LOL. She smells pretty.But I do remember reading somewhere online about some of her fans smell like waterbuffalo's though.I know a couple of times when Edgewalk was happening I did smell B.O. at times.

Stevie should market Perfume,Shampoo with her name on it.I'll buy It.

Livia 04-03-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Etisl (Post 1046250)
Actually that is a great question...........but, one question that I would love the answer to is....What kind of lotion does Stevie wear on her hands....???? She literally has the softest hands I have ever touched.....when I have shaken her hands at concerts. They are sooooo tiny, and soooo soft...... eeerie, I almost wonder if she truly is an Angel on Earth. :D

L'Occitane - it's the best! :nod: I keep a travel-sized tube in my purse and a full-sized one at the kitchen sink.

Enchanted_Stevi 04-03-2012 09:34 PM

I've actually always wondered what she smelled like too...like perfume and such...I know she USED to use Fracas...idk if she still does...but if I ever get to meet her I would probs ask her =P and probably say she should come out with her own perfume or something lol

iamnotafraid 04-03-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyMI (Post 1046190)

what does Stevie smell like?

Best guess would be mothballs.

David 04-03-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 1046276)

Now stop that!

Some old ladies that I have known smelled like tea rose. But in 1994 in a fashion magazine, Stevie talked all about what oils she uses as scent. I don't know one from another (my favorite is cedarwood), but she also said Mick uses oils too.

I bet John smells like Irish Spring mixed with a tantalizing hint of rot gut.

Macfanforever 04-03-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 1046276)

Hahahahaha.LOL...

Nathan 04-03-2012 10:30 PM

Hahahahaha!