The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2014 Summer tour...? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=53101)

whitewingdove 01-03-2014 04:18 PM

2014 Summer tour...?

We've all been hearing for the past year all this talk of Christine rejoining the band and some are saying it's official, some aren't and IDK! It's confusing?

What are you guys thinking will happen this summer during tour?

louielouie2000 01-03-2014 04:27 PM

Seeing how Fleetwood Mac toured quite extensively in 2013, and Lindsey has acknowledged a 2014 tour, I'm guessing this will be some sort of mini tour to dip Christine's toes back in the water to make sure she's going to be able to handle a full return to the band. They're probably using it as a chance to get used to playing with each other again, too so they can head into the studio. In an ideal world, they'd have an album to release with Christine's presence before ANY touring... but I digress.

whitewingdove 01-03-2014 04:32 PM

Yeah, I can't see that happening either :/
But with all this talk of a new album, and listening talking about some secret projects during the BBC interview (to speak verbatim) I do think they're working on a album, or working on working on and album :p Whether or not Chris will be on it is beyond me... I don't think I could really comment on that so early.

jbrownsjr 01-03-2014 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1115777)
Seeing how Fleetwood Mac toured quite extensively in 2013, and Lindsey has acknowledged a 2014 tour, I'm guessing this will be some sort of mini tour to dip Christine's toes back in the water to make sure she's going to be able to handle a full return to the band. They're probably using it as a chance to get used to playing with each other again, too so they can head into the studio. In an ideal world, they'd have an album to release with Christine's presence before ANY touring... but I digress.

I'd have to say that this is what I think is best for them.

A tour with Christine, with two new songs from her. An album after the tour, (their chops will be solid for the album). Then a tour for that album.

That brings them to 2015.

whitewingdove 01-03-2014 04:42 PM

Sounds good. Maybe somewhere in there we can squeeze in the Buckingham Nicks rerelease...

jbrownsjr 01-03-2014 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitewingdove (Post 1115785)
Sounds good. Maybe somewhere in there we can squeeze in the Buckingham Nicks rerelease...

Ha! You have a better chance of Jeremy Spencer joining the band.

whitewingdove 01-03-2014 04:49 PM

Yeah.. probably. But they said they would, so at least it's being considered :shrug:

jbrownsjr 01-03-2014 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitewingdove (Post 1115787)
Yeah.. probably. But they said they would, so at least it's being considered :shrug:

I really thought during, The Dance, it would be released. Nothing. :(

whitewingdove 01-03-2014 04:53 PM

It's getting a bit ridiculous.. it'd been like 40 years since it was rereleased in '75

~I can't wait, I can't wait~

BLY 01-03-2014 04:57 PM

If Christine is on this summer tour I can't see them doing it without a new album to promote. I do agree it would start as a mini tour. If it's true that she has sent Lindsey some songs the album could be completed before the tour.

whitewingdove 01-03-2014 05:05 PM

I don't see why they wouldn't wait until after tour. Why rush with a new album. I could see them maybe doing that with an EP, but they won't make another EP after they just released one a year ago. Unless they've been working on one for a while and it's near completed, I don't think they'll rush into. They've never been ones to make an album that quickly, they'd rather take their time and make each song perfect and have fun doing it.

BLY 01-03-2014 05:16 PM

I think with all those tracks that are already done with Mick, Lindsey and John it could happen.Christine's additions,add three from Stevie it's done. They did it in 1975 in three months,It can be done again. I don't see Christine touring with them without a new album.

elle 01-03-2014 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1115792)
If Christine is on this summer tour I can't see them doing it without a new album to promote. I do agree it would start as a mini tour. If it's true that she has sent Lindsey some songs the album could be completed before the tour.

that's what i'm thinking too. lindsey may have his and christine's songs already almost finished. just need stevie's and they are done. album may not be out by the summer but can be easily finished and they can perform some of the songs live before it comes out.

i know that all mac's old history speaks against this, but the technology is so different now, plus the most recent FM history speaks to them being able to put stuff out fast.

i'm actually going back and forth between them having a short tour as a 5 to reintroduce Christine, or both the 5 and the new album, or for whatever weird reason still touring as a 4 for some leftover dates. i just don't see why the latter would happen, but if it does, i'm definitely skipping that one and waiting for the tour with the 5.

BLY 01-03-2014 05:24 PM

Let's also not forget how many solo discs Lindsey has put out in the last ten years. HELLO!

michelej1 01-03-2014 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1115802)
i just don't see why the latter would happen, but if it does, i'm definitely skipping that one and waiting for the tour with the 5.

If they do tour in the summer, I'm afraid it would be the 4 of them. I don't really like that option. Depending on where the shows were, I would go if I could get there, but I wouldn't like it.

Michele