The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stevie songs from Tusk on Tour (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=54050)

ViscountViktor 08-11-2014 03:43 AM

Stevie songs from Tusk on Tour

Stevie seems to pull a new song from Tusk for each of the most recent tours, ie Beautiful Child for Say You Will, Storms for Unleashed and SOTM for 2013.

One of my favourite FM songs is Angel - does anyone think this has a chance for this tour?

PenguinHead 08-11-2014 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViscountViktor (Post 1138656)
Stevie seems to pull a new song from Tusk for each of the most recent tours, ie Beautiful Child for Say You Will, Storms for Unleashed and SOTM for 2013.

One of my favourite FM songs is Angel - does anyone think this has a chance for this tour?

Anything is possible. Beautiful Child and Storms were a surprise, since they had never been performed before, not even on the Tusk tour. I'm glad she has been comfortable pulling out deep album tracks. Angel was performed on the Tusk tour, as well as on her Bella Donna tour, then disappeared like a ghost through the fog. It would be big surprise and a charmed hour if Angel makes a come back.

TheWILDheart 08-11-2014 07:04 AM

I believe the last time "Angel" was done live was US Festival 83. Prior to last year, SOTM was last done in 82.

I actually really love the Bella Donna tour version, it has such a fun rock and roll style too it and Roy Bittan's piano is amazing.

louielouie2000 08-11-2014 08:13 AM

I think Angel has a very, very good chance of showing up on this tour. After all, in recent tours she has pulled out every other Tusk song of hers- Sara, Storms, Sisters Of The Moon, & Beautiful Child. There was a point in time where we thought we'd never hear Sara or Sisters live again; she surprised us on both counts. Or that we'd ever hear such obscure songs as Storms or Beautiful Child. They've been accounted for now, too.

As for me, I'm ready for Straight Back. :D

Aussie W/Heart 08-11-2014 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1138671)
I think Angel has a very, very good chance of showing up on this tour. After all, in recent tours she has pulled out every other Tusk song of hers- Sara, Storms, Sisters Of The Moon, & Beautiful Child. There was a point in time where we thought we'd never hear Sara or Sisters live again; she surprised us on both counts. Or that we'd ever hear such obscure songs as Storms or Beautiful Child. They've been accounted for now, too.

As for me, I'm ready for Straight Back. :D

I would be over the moon to hear either one live as i love both songs, but since Straight Back has never been performed live as far as i know, it would be a GREAT choice:)

jbrownsjr 08-11-2014 09:03 AM

I say, yes! I think they will do Angel.

BlueDenimLamp 08-11-2014 09:04 AM

Though technically not a FM song I think "Let Me Down Again" would be a great song for them to play...

TheWILDheart 08-11-2014 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart (Post 1138673)
I would be over the moon to hear either one live as i love both songs, but since Straight Back has never been performed live as far as i know, it would be a GREAT choice:)

There is a live version floating around from the Mirage tour rehearsals, but it never made it onto the tour setlist.

Johnny Stew 08-11-2014 10:12 AM

It would certainly have a different energy than it did 30+ years ago, but I think Stevie's seasoned voice could really do justice to "Angel" these days.

I'd love for both it and "Seven Wonders" to find a home in the setlist.

FuzzyPlum 08-11-2014 10:21 AM

Would love for Angel to make its way into the set. Following her Tusk pattern it would seem it must have a very good chance. Never been a big fan of Straight Back back but would take it over the much maligned Stand Back.

louielouie2000 08-11-2014 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Stew (Post 1138682)
I'd love for both it and "Seven Wonders" to find a home in the setlist.

I've never been a fan of Angel, but I think Seven Wonders could be really fun. I do wonder how Stevie's modern voice could adapt to this song, but I'm sure they could rework the vocals & pull it off.

jbrownsjr 08-11-2014 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1138692)
I've never been a fan of Angel, but I think Seven Wonders could be really fun. I do wonder how Stevie's modern voice could adapt to this song, but I'm sure they could rework the vocals & pull it off.

I'd rather have 7 Wonders. Great song for the three voices.

chiliD 08-11-2014 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1138698)
Great song for the three voices.

Pssst! You mean 6, don't you? Don't forget Stevie's "girls" and maybe Brett &/or Neale, too! ;)

jcalzaretta 08-11-2014 11:56 AM

I cannot imagine Angel being played. With Chris back, less Stevie songs so deep cuts will be rare. I did think that the Tust 4 some could become a Tango 3 some for this tour. Then yes to Seven Wonders. Plus being on Coven makes it appropriate this tour.

jbrownsjr 08-11-2014 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD (Post 1138704)
Pssst! You mean 6, don't you? Don't forget Stevie's "girls" and maybe Brett &/or Neale, too! ;)

Don't remind me. I'd rather live in a world where we don't need extra voices that don't enhance the sound that much anyway.