The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Christine McVie's favorite songs: Interview and music (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=41123)

vivfox 07-27-2009 09:37 PM

Christine McVie's favorite songs: Interview and music

I think this might be from 1984?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/riiimo

aleuzzi 07-28-2009 01:49 AM

I'd never heard this, so thank you! No surprises as to her favorite songs/artists. She's been consistent about her five or six major influences. But it was excellent to hear her so relaxed and in typically good humor.

Gailh 07-28-2009 01:01 PM

Is this from the BBC radio interview where she talks about hiding in the loo to meet one of the Everley brothers?

Gail

goldustsongbird 07-28-2009 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 833377)
I'd never heard this, so thank you! No surprises as to her favorite songs/artists. She's been consistent about her five or six major influences. But it was excellent to hear her so relaxed and in typically good humor.

You mean she didn't tell the interviewer that his shirt was f*cking stupid? :laugh:

That quote is gonna go down in McVie history.

jbrownsjr 07-29-2009 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldustsongbird (Post 833461)
You mean she didn't tell the interviewer that his shirt was f*cking stupid? :laugh:

That quote is gonna go down in McVie history.

I don't care what anyone says... that's one of the funniest things I've ever heard about her....

I love the way he describes her puffing the cig and drinkin her champagne... it reminds me of my best friend Gabriel and he's a riot...

Gailh 07-29-2009 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 833492)
I don't care what anyone says... that's one of the funniest things I've ever heard about her....

I love the way he describes her puffing the cig and drinkin her champagne... it reminds me of my best friend Gabriel and he's a riot...

I must admit that if I see anyone on the tv wearing something I don't like I often say "that is a fu*kin stupid shirt/skirt/hat" which is odd because it was me who thought it was an incredibly rude thing to say.

I don't puff on a cigarette because I don't smoke but I would sip some champagne if I had any.

Gail

jbrownsjr 07-29-2009 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gailh (Post 833513)
I must admit that if I see anyone on the tv wearing something I don't like I often say "that is a fu*kin stupid shirt/skirt/hat" which is odd because it was me who thought it was an incredibly rude thing to say.

I don't puff on a cigarette because I don't smoke but I would sip some champagne if I had any.

Gail

I tend to love British humor, it's very sarcastic but the intent is for laughter and irony.. not malice...

It reminds me of Absolutely Fabulous...

Gailh 07-29-2009 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 833539)
I tend to love British humor, it's very sarcastic but the intent is for laughter and irony.. not malice...

It reminds me of Absolutely Fabulous...

Dahling get the bolly!

Gail

jbrownsjr 07-29-2009 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gailh (Post 833554)
Dahling get the bolly!

Gail

dahling is it really La Croix? is it darling.. you wouldn't buy me a knock off would you dahling...sweetie dahling sweeting dahling...

goldustsongbird 07-29-2009 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gailh (Post 833513)

Gail

I wonder how many times Chris thought that about Stevie's costumes. :angel:

jbrownsjr 07-29-2009 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldustsongbird (Post 833607)
I wonder how many times Chris thought that about Stevie's costumes. :angel:

everytime.. :lol:

vivfox 07-30-2009 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gailh (Post 833435)
Is this from the BBC radio interview where she talks about hiding in the loo to meet one of the Everley brothers?

Gail

I didn't listen to this. I posted it for you guys and then I'm gonna delete it. So just for the heck of it, anyone wanna tell me what year this was done?

Gailh 07-31-2009 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 833792)
I didn't listen to this. I posted it for you guys and then I'm gonna delete it. So just for the heck of it, anyone wanna tell me what year this was done?

If it is the BBC recording then it's from 1983 from a programme where musicians put together an imaginery album of their favourite songs

Gail

jbrownsjr 07-31-2009 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gailh (Post 833874)
If it is the BBC recording then it's from 1983 from a programme where musicians put together an imaginery album of their favourite songs

Gail

I loved this interview...

aleuzzi 07-31-2009 12:14 PM

Oh and I'd love to hear her singing some of those Steely Dan parts she said she'd committed to memory.