The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What are you listening to right now? ....part 76 err..3 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=16513)

hypnotized 10-31-2004 11:33 AM

Johnny The Fox by Thin Lizzy. There was a lot more to those guys than The Boys Are Back In Town. Phil Lynott was a an underrated performer and songwriter who left us all too soon.

estranged4life 10-31-2004 11:41 AM

Amen...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hypnotized
Johnny The Fox by Thin Lizzy. There was a lot more to those guys than The Boys Are Back In Town. Phil Lynott was a an underrated performer and songwriter who left us all too soon.

Thin Lizzy had more to offer besides "The Boys Are Back In Town", Such as the albums "Black Rose", "Thunder & Lightning" and the awesome live album "Live And Dangerous".

Phil Lynott, IMHO, was a song writer on par with Bruce Springsteen & Bob Dylan...So what the music Lizzy made was more rock than Bruce/Bob his lyrics were always way-a-head of the times. Plus he always had great guitarists in Lizzy such as Gary Moore (Who in an older interview I have told he bought his first ever Gibson Les Paul from one Peter Green...Who he saw as his mentor!), Scott Gorham, John Sykes, Eric Bell & Brian Robertson

RIP Phil Lynott...

Brian j.

xdreamsunwindx 10-31-2004 12:16 PM

Collective Soul - December.

I'm such a 90's kid. I'm making a 90's mix. Tee hee. I'm cool. :)

-Kate

GypsySorcerer 10-31-2004 12:18 PM

"Hold Meeheeeeeee"

ontheEdgeof17 10-31-2004 12:33 PM

Honest Questions: Daniel Bedingfield


-Curt

estranged4life 11-02-2004 12:54 AM

Easy...
 
the surround sound version of the "Bella Donna" cd by Stevie Nicks...

Brian j.

amber 11-02-2004 12:57 AM

Wild Heart, in it's entirety, for only the second time...

estranged4life 11-02-2004 02:01 AM

Easy...part 2
 
the surround sound version of "The Other Side Of The Mirror"...Currently listening to "Alice".

Brian j.

ontheEdgeof17 11-02-2004 10:13 AM

I'm watching LIB this morning.....listening to Dreams at the moment.


-Curtis

estranged4life 11-02-2004 10:19 AM

Easy...
 
"Cluster One" from the 1994 Pink Floyd release "The Division Bell"

The music on this disc fits the mood of the day, Cold/Grey/Blustery and also contains the prophetical song title "A Great Day For Freedom".

Brian j.

hypnotized 11-03-2004 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by estranged4life
the remastered edition of King Diamond's classic 1987 release "Abigail"...Holy s--t it is heavier than the original disc version EVER was!!!!

Brian "Musically schizophrenic" j.


I recently picked up the remastered version of King Diamond's follow up release, Them. Classic metal.

hypnotized 11-03-2004 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by estranged4life
Thin Lizzy had more to offer besides "The Boys Are Back In Town", Such as the albums "Black Rose", "Thunder & Lightning" and the awesome live album "Live And Dangerous".

Phil Lynott, IMHO, was a song writer on par with Bruce Springsteen & Bob Dylan...So what the music Lizzy made was more rock than Bruce/Bob his lyrics were always way-a-head of the times. Plus he always had great guitarists in Lizzy such as Gary Moore (Who in an older interview I have told he bought his first ever Gibson Les Paul from one Peter Green...Who he aw as his mentor!), Scott Gorham, John Sykes, Eric Bell & Brian Robertson

RIP Phil Lynott...

Brian j.


Well said.

ontheEdgeof17 11-03-2004 10:48 PM

Too Far From Texas- The "Remix"

hypnotized 11-03-2004 10:50 PM

Elton John-Don't Shoot M, I'm Only The Piano Player. This is Elton when he actually mattered.

estranged4life 11-04-2004 01:09 PM

Try...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hypnotized
I recently picked up the remastered version of King Diamond's follow up release, Them. Classic metal.

King's classic album "Abigail"...One of my top 10 albums PERIOD!!! Hella heavy stuff & a great story!

Brian j.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved