The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What are you listening to right now? ....part 76 err..3 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=16513)

Keith 10-27-2004 10:08 PM

as I watch the Cards lose..
 
Steve Earle's "Ft. Worth Blues"

Nixxxed 10-28-2004 01:53 PM

I borrowed "TVBO Nina Symone - Sugar In My Bowl - 1967-1972" from the library, and I'm halfway through the second disc. "Here Comes The Sun" is playing now.

I've only heard her music in passing - this is my first full-fledged NS experience! Woohoo!!! :]

It includes her versions of very popular songs such as "Turn Me On", "The Look of Love", "To Love Somebody", "I Think It's Gonna Rain Today", and a great version of Bob Dylan's "I Shall Be Released" (which someone brought up in a recent thread that I now can't find...).

Great stuff! Highly recommended!

amber 10-28-2004 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nixxxed
I borrowed "TVBO Nina Symone - Sugar In My Bowl - 1967-1972" from the library, and I'm halfway through the second disc. "Here Comes The Sun" is playing now.

I've only heard her music in passing - this is my first full-fledged NS experience! Woohoo!!! :]

It includes her versions of very popular songs such as "Turn Me On", "The Look of Love", "To Love Somebody", "I Think It's Gonna Rain Today", and a great version of Bob Dylan's "I Shall Be Released" (which someone brought up in a recent thread that I now can't find...).

Great stuff! Highly recommended!

That's weird, i was listening to her last night...she's awesome possum.
Then, Stan Getz w/Astrud Gilberto...soothing...
AMber

estranged4life 10-28-2004 02:07 PM

Easy...
 
"Say You Love Me" from the newly remastered/edited Sept.17,1997-Hartford, CT discs I am currently working on...

Brian j.

Nixxxed 10-28-2004 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber
That's weird, i was listening to her last night...she's awesome possum.
Then, Stan Getz w/Astrud Gilberto...soothing...
AMber

The NS set I'm listening to has 5 unreleased songs, one of which is an 8-minute version of "Jelly Roll" that is AWESOME.

Getz/Gilberto ... Ahhhhhh.

"Tall and tan and young and handsome,
The girl from Ipanema goes walking..."

Which never fails to remind me of my fave B-52s song:

"GIRRRRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLL from IpaNEEEEMAAAAA
SHEEEEEEE goes to GREEEEEEEEEEEENLAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!" :laugh:

amber 10-28-2004 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nixxxed
The NS set I'm listening to has 5 unreleased songs, one of which is an 8-minute version of "Jelly Roll" that is AWESOME.

Getz/Gilberto ... Ahhhhhh.

"Tall and tan and young and handsome,
The girl from Ipanema goes walking..."

Which never fails to remind me of my fave B-52s song:

"GIRRRRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLL from IpaNEEEEMAAAAA
SHEEEEEEE goes to GREEEEEEEEEEEENLAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!" :laugh:

:laugh: :D
good times. cool on the unreleased. I only have one CD of hers...wait, 2.

DeadliestPoison 10-28-2004 03:33 PM

The Pretenders' first album. Kate all got me into them. Yay, Kate!

xdreamsunwindx 10-28-2004 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadliestPoison
The Pretenders' first album. Kate all got me into them. Yay, Kate!

Awr :D. That album? One of my all-time favorites. <333

Oh. And I'm listening to... Garbage - Push It. Woot.

-Kate

DeadliestPoison 10-28-2004 07:33 PM

GINNAH BEYUVINNY KAYELB TA YOOOOOU mmBAYBUH.

Woot for Long Way To Go. I'm rockin' OSOTM right now.

hayley 10-28-2004 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David
A collection of William Walton film scores recently released on Rhino, & a bunch of Partridge Family MP3s I ripped for a car trip.

Can't you just listen to the Free Design instead? So much more fun.

I love Nina Simone, too- but completely not jiving in the spirit of Nina, I'm listening to XTC. Hurrah!

estranged4life 10-28-2004 09:50 PM

Since South Park tonite...
 
was the Korn Halloween special I am honoring 'em by playing their "Issues" release (Currently on "Somebody, Someone")

Brian j.

xdreamsunwindx 10-29-2004 02:16 PM

Franz Ferdinand vs Kelis - Take Me Out (For a Milkshake).

Best thing ever.

-Kate

GypsySorcerer 10-30-2004 03:55 PM

"Angel of Music" from Phantom of the Opera. :thumbsup:

tommer 10-30-2004 04:17 PM

Deep Dish - Flashdance

estranged4life 10-31-2004 02:55 AM

Easy...
 
Since it is now officially Halloween had to play some King Diamond to fit the festive holiday mood, So I am blasting his 1987 release "Abigail"

Brian j.

ps-If ya wanna read an interesting interview with King Diamond I recommend checking out his "20 Questions" at Metal Sludge, Which can be found at the following link:

http://www.metalsludge.tv/main/index.php



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved