The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   This might be a really stupid question... (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=6996)

thewhitewingedd 08-12-2002 07:04 PM

This might be a really stupid question...

Was Holiday Road in 2 Lampoons movies???...

Johnny Stew 08-12-2002 07:24 PM

Hi Adam,

"Holiday Road" was used in 'Vacation' (the first of the series), and then again in 'Vegas Vacation' (the most recent of the series).

"Dancin' Across The USA" was used only in 'Vacation.'

:)
Johnny Stew

Street_Dreamer 08-12-2002 09:45 PM

Actually there are four to the National Lampoon Vacation Series; National Lampoon's Vacation, National Lampoon's European Vacation, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and National Lampoon's Vegan Vacation. Holiday Road is in 3 of the 4 (it's not in vacation) while Dancin' Across The USA is only in Vacation. Also, they always have had to change the brother and sister because I don't think that they could use the same over and over without them looking much older than they were supposed to be. :)

Matt

Skylark 08-13-2002 12:38 AM

Vacation in Wally World!!!

:wavey: Hi Adam!
I just watched National Lampoons Vacation and Lindsey's
great songs are featured! We like the dog barking on Holiday
Road !!! Dancin' Across the USA on that crazy Kings Highway
is a favorite! We all like it when Lindsey goes crazy! Luv, Sky:)

chiliD 08-13-2002 01:30 AM

Quote:

National Lampoon's Vegan Vacation
Ummm, I'm not familiar with that one. :shrug: :shrug:

Is that the one where the Griswolds go to a hippie commune in Bellingham, Washington and become strict vegetarians??

:laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh:

:blob2: :blob2: :blob2:

BellaDonnaGypsy 08-13-2002 06:16 AM

LOLOL! :laugh:

Laura.

CarneVaca 08-13-2002 08:16 AM

I believe Holiday Road is not in the most recent movie, Vegas Vacation. It is in the others, though.

clooney 08-13-2002 08:34 AM

I love the dog too! It goes along with the beat! One of my favorite Lindsey songs!

They only play it one time in Christmas Vacation, but it is on throughout in the first one. Everytime I take a road trip, I want to play Holiday Road...it just fits!!!!!!!!!

Chris

Street_Dreamer 08-13-2002 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by chiliD

Ummm, I'm not familiar with that one.

Is that the one where the Griswolds go to a hippie commune in Bellingham, Washington and become strict vegetarians??

SO I MADE A MISTAKE!!!! SO WAHT FI i kant spel! :lol: ;) :)

Matt

Les 08-13-2002 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by CarneVaca
I believe Holiday Road is not in the most recent movie, Vegas Vacation. It is in the others, though.
It is actually. It's in a brief section when the Griswolds are driving out to the desert to visit the cousin (Randy Quaid...can't remember his character's name) and his family in their trailer.

CarneVaca 08-13-2002 10:39 AM

Quote:

[i]Everytime I take a road trip, I want to play Holiday Road...it just fits!!!!!!!!!

Chris [/B]
That's funny. I have a little tradition: Whenever my wife and I go on a road trip, I blast Holiday Road as we pull off the driveway, even if we go back to the radio after listening to the song. One time, we were already down the block and had to turn back for something. Of course, I had no choice but to start the song again. My wife thinks I'm crazy. But that's nothing new.

itsmeangie 08-13-2002 11:06 AM

Just in case you're dying to know...

Quote:

Originally posted by Les

the cousin (Randy Quaid...can't remember his character's name)

It's Eddie.
Gotta love Cousin Eddie :)

*angie

Johnny Stew 08-13-2002 01:39 PM

Oops! I forgot all about it being in 'European Vacation' too... but then, that one is pretty forgetable all around.
:)

Johnny Stew

Skylark 08-13-2002 03:55 PM

Griswolds in Vegas!!!

:wavey:Isn't that the vacation where the son wins a whole lot of
money and lives the high-life! Then the wife meets the great
Wayne Newton and he wines and dines her! Chevy Chase
is very halarious! We like these movies a lot! :D Cheers! Sky :)

FiercestCalmSea 08-14-2002 09:56 PM

I'm not real familiar with all of Lindsey's solo stuff..so when i was watching one of the Lampoon movie's a couple months back and i heard it i was like "omgthatislindsey"...everyone in the room thought i was nuts..including my sister,who name is Lindsey,btw..she looked at me like "wtf"?...then she was like "Ugh..you mean Buckingham",lol...