The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Tusk Tour Filmed Shows (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=30956)

fleetwoodguy79 01-25-2007 11:03 AM

Tusk Tour Filmed Shows

Does anyone know how many shows from the Tusk tour were actually filmed, and which ones are circulating around? This was my favorite Mac era!

I have the Tusk Documentary which has a lot of great footage from that St Louis show, but I would love to see some more footage from later on in the tour when the look of the band started to change and the setlist as well.

I have a rare video from 1979 in Largo, MD not in the greatest quality. And I've also seen a 20/20 interview on YouTube with a LOT of footage from a show they did in 1980 (I think it was the Cleveland show, which was featured on Fleetwood Mac Live)

Any help would be greatly appreciated! If I can find anything, I'll post it on torrent sites so that all of you can download it as well!

skcin 01-25-2007 12:00 PM

Hello & welcome to the board! :angel:

I know there are 3 full length Tusk tour rehearsals on vid. Other than the ones you mentioned, that's it from the Tusk tour as far as I'm aware.

I only have 1 of the rehearsals, and it's on VHS. But I'm sure someone else here can help you get it via download. :nod:

PenguinHead 01-26-2007 09:43 PM

I think the question referred to professionally shot (mult-camera) live shows with an audience. I haven't seen the rehearsal footage, but I assume its a amateur single camera thing --never meant for release. Is that the case?

trackaghost 01-26-2007 10:21 PM

Two of the rehearsals are single camera shoots but one is multi-camera.
I assume the band filmed the rehearsals to give themselves an idea of what the show would look and sound like.
I don't think the Largo show was intended for release either. It was probably filmed just to document it.
Also to my knowledge all the footage of the show featured in that 20/20 report has never emerged. It's possible they only filmed part of it or maybe the whole thing is in some vault somewhere. It looked amazing though.

gldstwmn 01-27-2007 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trackaghost (Post 635380)
Also to my knowledge all the footage of the show featured in that 20/20 report has never emerged. It's possible they only filmed part of it or maybe the whole thing is in some vault somewhere. It looked amazing though.

I think one of the Ledgies actually tracked that footage to some place in Hollywood and watched it and said Rhiannon was amazing. But the place is no longer there now, so who knows where the tape is. You'd think ABC would have it in their archives somewhere.

WelshWitchPMD 01-27-2007 10:06 AM

I know that there is some concert footage and also a press conference that took place in Providence, RI on Nov 22, 1979. Some of the concert footage and an interview with both Stevie and Mick were featured on a show from back in the day called PM Magazine. I do have the show on a DVD collection.

danax6 01-27-2007 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD (Post 635508)
I know that there is some concert footage and also a press conference that took place in Providence, RI on Nov 22, 1979. Some of the concert footage and an interview with both Stevie and Mick were featured on a show from back in the day called PM Magazine. I do have the show on a DVD collection.

Is that the one where Stevie talks about 'packin' up, shackin' up' and says Lindsey was only interested in sleeping with his guitar? I think I have that also somewhere, I need to look for it.

WelshWitchPMD 01-27-2007 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danax6 (Post 635509)
Is that the one where Stevie talks about 'packin' up, shackin' up' and says Lindsey was only interested in sleeping with his guitar? I think I have that also somewhere, I need to look for it.

I don't remember. I know that she talks about putting her glasses on and her hair in a bun and going to the Farmer's Market.

skcin 01-29-2007 03:42 PM

That's what's so frustrating - knowing that this footage exists after seeing bits & pieces of it over the years, but not being able to get our hands on it. :mad: Same with Mac's Us Fest appearance in 1982 (clips of which were shown on some news channels & I think German TV) & Stevie's 2001 benefit (which we see at the beginning of the Destiny Rules doc.) I know there's probably many more, this is all I can think of right now.

danax6 01-29-2007 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skcin (Post 636244)
That's what's so frustrating - knowing that this footage exists after seeing bits & pieces of it over the years, but not being able to get our hands on it. :mad: Same with Mac's Us Fest appearance in 1982 (clips of which were shown on some news channels & I think German TV) & Stevie's 2001 benefit (which we see at the beginning of the Destiny Rules doc.) I know there's probably many more, this is all I can think of right now.

Not to mention that Tusk show from 1980 in Germany, of which we've only seen Don't Stop. The German tv station has been LESS than forthcoming with any information or willingness to send me the show. Bastards. I won't give up though.

Houseonthehill 01-29-2007 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danax6 (Post 636280)
Not to mention that Tusk show from 1980 in Germany, of which we've only seen Don't Stop. The German tv station has been LESS than forthcoming with any information or willingness to send me the show. Bastards. I won't give up though.

This IS frustrating. I appreciate your efforts in trying to get ahold of that footage. Do you have the e-mail etc of that station? Perhaps we might be able to get a re-air if there is enough demand?

gldstwmn 01-30-2007 12:15 AM

Quote:

Thank you. I'd really like to see that whole show.

Sahara 01-30-2007 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skcin (Post 636244)
That's what's so frustrating - knowing that this footage exists after seeing bits & pieces of it over the years, but not being able to get our hands on it. :mad:

I absolutely agree! :( There were probably pro-shot shows on every tour, yet they're sitting somewhere gathering dust.
Some people like Elton John and U2 are great for releasing stuff like this. Why not the Mac? Not even major releases, just getting the stuff out there.

vivfox 03-01-2008 08:29 PM

Quote:

Not to be rude Vanessa, cause it's been a year since you wrote this, but I was just wondering if you ever got anywhere with this issue?

funkystuff08 03-01-2008 09:12 PM

I also read that their last show in New zealand was televised there-- surely someone has seen it?