The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Why isn't it called Buckingham Mc Vie anymore? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57062)

secondhandchain 04-11-2017 10:11 PM

Why isn't it called Buckingham Mc Vie anymore?

Did Stevie throw a hissy fit?

SteveMacD 04-11-2017 11:08 PM

I'm glad they're not going with it. It sounds too much like a band, and I don't think that was their intention.

24karatstevie 04-11-2017 11:44 PM

I really don't believe that Stevie has anything to do with the name change. Judging from her comments in Rolling Stone, she was most likely not involved in that decision. Her tour just ended so I highly doubt she was worrying about them calling it Buckingham McVie. Plus, she stated that she wishes them well so I'm not sure why Stevie keeps being brought into this anyway.

HomerMcvie 04-11-2017 11:49 PM

Because she's the reason that we can't have nice things! :mad:

24karatstevie 04-11-2017 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1206331)
Because she's the reason that we can't have nice things! :mad:

But we are still getting nice things in my opinion. We are getting a new album (and tour) by Lindsey and Chris who are both wonderful musicians with great dynamic. Also, (and I know many here cannot stand her, but you have to realize that many do) we got a phenomenal solo tour from Stevie that has truly been one of her best. Mick has had some recent side projects of his own, while John is just being his relaxed self :lol:. Let's not forget all of the recent reissues and news of a likely Mac world tour. All of the band members appear to be happy with what is occurring, and I think we should respect that. I know that I have certainly been enjoying all of the goodies we've been getting recently. 

HomerMcvie 04-12-2017 12:03 AM

Thank you for explaining all of that. I knew about all of it, except for her being on tour. Ignorance is often bliss. :lol:

I can't wait until Buck Mac in June!

Jondalar 04-12-2017 12:43 AM

Why isn't it called BuckVie?

SteveMacD 04-12-2017 12:45 AM

Why isn't it called Fleetwood Mac?

Macfan4life 04-12-2017 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1206335)

That is the million dollar question but we all know why *****walking on eggshells****

jbrownsjr 04-12-2017 09:02 AM

They have the first names in grey. The red reads, Buckingham McVie

nicepace 04-12-2017 09:56 AM

One could also read it as:

Lindsey Christine

TrueFaith77 04-13-2017 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1206335)

The press articles are all mentioning John and Mick's involvement. How many tracks are they on?

If they are on every track, this really is a NEW Fleetwood Mac album.

:eek:

bwboy 04-13-2017 08:07 AM

John and Mick play on every track. It was a FM album until they realized Stevie really wasn't going to record with them, so they are now saying it's not a FM album, just a duets album with 4 musicians from FM. There could be a number of reasons for this- buyers might feel ripped off if they bought a FM album and realized Stevie wasn't on it, or the record company may have insisted it not be called a FM album because of Stevie's absence, or the band doesn't want the FM brand to be damaged by releasing a FM album without Stevie, who knows?

I love the theory that some people here have, that the rest of the band is so afraid Stevie will get mad if they called it a FM album, that they're walking on eggshells around her LOL. Yeah, Christine and Lindsey are really known for being pushovers and afraid of offending anyone!

FuzzyPlum 04-13-2017 12:59 PM

I just want to reiterate my thoughts as to why it isn't Fleetwood Mac...

They are all signed on for a World tour at some point (originally scheduled to start later this year, now most likely Spring 2018). When progressing with the album without Stevie it became clear they needed to market the album through a tour. However, they wouldn't have been able to tour under the Fleetwood Mac moniker whilst they are already signed up for a tour with all 5. Had Stevie been involved in the album, then the existing tour arrangements could have been brought forward without any problems. However, the promoters for the 5 piece tour wouldn't have allowed the band to go out as a 4-piece as it may have impacted on sales. My guess is, if they hadn't already 'signed on the dotted line' for a World tour then there wouldn't have been any problem.

As to why they are calling themselves/the album Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie; I don't think Buckingham McVie was ever confirmed- it was just a provisional title. Perhaps they were fearful of a backlash from all the dissenting chiffon-heads.

Macfan4life 04-13-2017 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1206507)
John and Mick play on every track. It was a FM album until they realized Stevie really wasn't going to record with them, so they are now saying it's not a FM album, just a duets album with 4 musicians from FM. There could be a number of reasons for this- buyers might feel ripped off if they bought a FM album and realized Stevie wasn't on it, or the record company may have insisted it not be called a FM album because of Stevie's absence, or the band doesn't want the FM brand to be damaged by releasing a FM album without Stevie, who knows?

I love the theory that some people here have, that the rest of the band is so afraid Stevie will get mad if they called it a FM album, that they're walking on eggshells around her LOL. Yeah, Christine and Lindsey are really known for being pushovers and afraid of offending anyone!

You live in a fairy tale world. Of course Stevie Nicks is the reason they are not calling it Fleetwood Mac. Stevie is pulling a stunt that few rock performers pull. She has one foot in the band and one foot out of the band. Say You Will was Fleetwood Mac because Christine officially LEFT. She did not record or tour with the band. Behind the Mask was Fleetwood Mac because Lindsey did not record or tour with the band. Stevie does not want to record with the band. Boo hoo!
You see the difference? Because Stevie wants to ONLY tour with the band, it puts them in a odd situation. She is still part of the band. I think they should have called in Fleetwood Mac. All 4 other members play on the album. Your reason is laughable that fans would be "confused." Really? LMAO Were fans confused for Say You Will? The Tango tour? Behind the Mask? Us fans are not that stupid. Sorry! The ENTIRE band is very courteous to Stevie obviously to keep her involved ONLY where she wants to be. Its silly and childish. NO ONE is afraid of her. The band just has total class to not name a project Fleetwood Mac because one member is too stressed out to be in a recording studio and makes up phony reasons not to be there.