The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   LB Live Performance on April 22 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=46536)

lbfan 04-12-2011 08:29 PM

LB Live Performance on April 22

Go to Lindseybuckingham.com to get Ticketmaster password for tickets to a concert in Beverly Hills Saban Theater and be the first to hear songs from the Seeds We Sow!

lbfan 04-12-2011 08:42 PM

$55 per ticket

Cost through ticket master is $55 each? Will be filmed.

elle 04-12-2011 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbfan (Post 963730)
Go to Lindseybuckingham.com to enter for tickets and hear songs from the Seeds We Sow!

ha! somebody kept tweeting about seing him on 22nd, and when i asked about it she said dinner... apparently not!:]

so the site did get updated! i was gonna check it after the news today but then i thought naaah:p

EDIT: btw, thank you!!!!!

elle 04-12-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbfan (Post 963736)
Cost through ticket master is $55 each? Will be filmed.

maybe that's filming for DVD... considering the band has been practicing last week.

lbfan 04-12-2011 08:51 PM

Filming

Website says it will be filmed for a network television broadcast this fall.

elle 04-12-2011 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbfan (Post 963742)
Website says it will be filmed for a network television broadcast this fall.

yup, saw that after i posted. i'm thinking it will be both, like soundstage or LiB.

AliceLover 04-12-2011 09:42 PM

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :blob2:

MacMan 04-12-2011 10:14 PM

Good god! This is out of the blue... Fabulous though!

TrueFaith77 04-13-2011 02:48 AM

It says tickets not available. Am I wrong?

TrueFaith77 04-13-2011 02:50 AM

Oh, I missed the Pre Sale

Onsale to General Public
Start: Wed, 04/13/11 10:00 AM PDT

Presale
Start: Tue, 04/12/11 12:00 PM PDT
End: Tue, 04/12/11 10:00 PM PDT

ETA: His website sucks. A) it's been THREE years since Gift of Screws not FOUR. lol B) I signed up but did not get an alert re: this major news.

ETA: Does anyone have any advice about where maybe I should stay in LA/BH if I get a ticket? LIke, do people know where the venue is or what hotels might be near?
nvm i googled it.

did anyone manage to get a ticket during the brief presale window?

lbfan 04-13-2011 04:25 AM

Pre-Sale Tickets

Pre-Sale tickets were limited to the orchestra section on the right side (even numbers) rows CC to FF.

holidayroad 04-13-2011 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 963904)
B) I signed up but did not get an alert re: this major news.

I'm signed up with two different e-mail addresses and didn't get any alert either!

TrueFaith77 04-13-2011 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbfan (Post 963929)
Pre-Sale tickets were limited to the orchestra section on the right side (even numbers) rows CC to FF.

interesting. i wonder if that's good or not. eta: i should probably look at the map on ticketmaster. :lol:

ETA: those are good seats. I'd have been pleased to get them. shoot. :( :(

Lori40 04-13-2011 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holidayroad (Post 963961)
I'm signed up with two different e-mail addresses and didn't get any alert either!

I signed up too, but didn't get an e-mail about this. I just happened to be on facebook last night when I saw the note about the concert and presale. Unfortunately, I can't make it

TrueFaith77 04-13-2011 12:36 PM

I have decided not to go. My best friend is visiting and while he agreed to go with me, I felt like the whole thing might be kind of stressful on him and, at least, I have something I really want to do during that time here in NYC, which is to just just hang with G.

If I had had more time to plan, it would have been something we coulda worked out.

I hope everybody who goes has a great time and gives plenty of D E T A I L E D reports--especially re: the new songs.

HejiraNYC 04-13-2011 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 964211)
I have decided not to go. My best friend is visiting and while he agreed to go with me, I felt like the whole thing might be kind of stressful on him and, at least, I have something I really want to do during that time here in NYC, which is to just just hang with G.

If I had had more time to plan, it would have been something we coulda worked out.

I hope everybody who goes has a great time and gives plenty of D E T A I L E D reports--especially re: the new songs.

The show's in Beverly Hills. :shrug: Or are you in Webster Hall mode? :lol:

TrueFaith77 04-13-2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HejiraNYC (Post 964229)
The show's in Beverly Hills. :shrug: Or are you in Webster Hall mode? :lol:

I live in NYC, which is why I said I have something just as fun to do right here at home in NYC, hanging out with G, without going to los angeles to see Lindsey.

*sorry if it was confusing.

erwk05 04-14-2011 03:41 AM

Presale Tickets for Gigs

Hi
I am just curious about this but here in Australia we have sites which buy up all front row seats at presale time and guarantees a front row seat for a premium price (e.g. fleetwood mac tix were $200 but the premium seller sold front row for $550) do you have any premium sellers like this in USA??? Im coming to states in sept/oct when lindesy tours again and want to guarantee myself a good spot if Im travelling all that way!!! (preparing early as lord knows I ahve tried to get good seats for various things through ticketmaster with no luck)
(wish I werent attending a wedding over easter else I would already be on a plane to bev. hills!!!!)
Thanks

michelej1 04-14-2011 11:28 PM

Film makers sell their movies at film festivals and I'm thinking that Lindsey is probably trying to sell his new album to prospective record companies at this special performance. I would guess that's why none of the AA and BB seats were available, not even on the scalper sites. They will probably be held by record execs, with the hope that one of them will sign him.

Michele

elle 04-15-2011 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erwk05 (Post 964778)
I am just curious about this but here in Australia we have sites which buy up all front row seats at presale time and guarantees a front row seat for a premium price (e.g. fleetwood mac tix were $200 but the premium seller sold front row for $550) do you have any premium sellers like this in USA??? Im coming to states in sept/oct when lindesy tours again and want to guarantee myself a good spot if Im travelling all that way!!! (preparing early as lord knows I ahve tried to get good seats for various things through ticketmaster with no luck)
(wish I werent attending a wedding over easter else I would already be on a plane to bev. hills!!!!)

i haven't been going to concerts much lately but from what i can see the case with scalpers is similar here - at least for larger venues. LB tends to tour in smaller venues and a number of people here went to his concerts during the last two tours so hopefully they'll come out of the woodwork and tell you more. i understand many people went to multiple concerts actually...

smaller venues may be good almost anywhere you are anyway. as far as i can tell, the seeds we sow taping concert next week had some good seats available the first day, but just in certain sections (on the sides), i'm guessing best seats are for VIP/friends/family. There was a woman who seems to hobnob with musicians and kept tweeting about going to see LB on 22nd since march.

David A 04-15-2011 01:40 PM

ee

Hello

I got 2 tickets for the 4/22 show, via the pre sale. I got Orchestra , row EE

is that good or do u think i should have waited?

im so excited but dont know if I did good

thanks

michelej1 04-15-2011 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David A (Post 965550)
Hello

thanks

I think you did great. That's 5th row.

Michele

fumidesigns 04-15-2011 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbfan (Post 963730)
Go to Lindseybuckingham.com to get Ticketmaster password for tickets to a concert in Beverly Hills Saban Theater and be the first to hear songs from the Seeds We Sow!

Seeds We Sow? is that right Lindsey.............?

shackin'up 04-15-2011 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David A (Post 965550)
Hello

thanks

Congrats on 5th row tickets! That's fabulous. I'm the most jealous man you can imagine.

TrueFaith77 04-15-2011 06:13 PM

I am just sick that I can't go. Honestly, my best friend visiting me is the ONLY thing that could have stopped me from going.

elle 04-15-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 965702)
I am just sick that I can't go. Honestly, my best friend visiting me is the ONLY thing that could have stopped me from going.

well, there are still some tickets available (seems like balcony only though)

TrueFaith77 04-15-2011 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 965732)
well, there are still some tickets available (seems like balcony only though)

I know. I just can't go. Sorry for complaining. It just makes me sick. Anyway, I am really excited to hear everyone's reports. That is for sure! Wow. Only a week away!!

TrueFaith77 04-15-2011 11:20 PM

May I be dramatic? :lol: So I looked up tickets on ebay and saw one auction that's up in 36 hours. sigh. I'm considering it. Are ebay auctions to be trusted, I wonder...

BTFLCHLD 04-15-2011 11:39 PM

truefaith, this will be few previews and few 'hits', maybe spend the time with your bf and take in full show(s) in the fall?

elle 04-16-2011 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD (Post 965880)
truefaith, this will be few previews and few 'hits', maybe spend the time with your bf and take in full show(s) in the fall?

why do you think that? i'm thinking it will be more like his soundstage, especially if it will be for DVD to accompany new CD. many of the songs he did on soundstage he never did again live. i think tour will be more balanced with older stuff, and this performance will be mostly new stuff, and then trouble and GYOW.

but maybe that's just my wishful thinking. either way he will perform new songs 6 months before DVD actually coming out.

TrueFaith77 04-16-2011 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 965893)
why do you think that? i'm thinking it will be more like his soundstage, especially if it will be for DVD to accompany new CD. many of the songs he did on soundstage he never did again live. i think tour will be more balanced with older stuff, and this performance will be mostly new stuff, and then trouble and GYOW.

but maybe that's just my wishful thinking. either way he will perform new songs 6 months before DVD actually coming out.

saw ur messages on twitter. thank you. Yes, that's exactly why I wish I could go because I suspect u r correct about the show.

i really feel that I made a mistake not getting a ticket. BUT I don't wanna get all introspective on here. lol. If fortune turns it's head in this situation I think I'll jump for it, but I'm still wary of an ebay auction.

michelej1 04-16-2011 02:34 PM

Check the seller's feedback on Ebay. If they have a high feedback rating and have sold a fair number of items before, then Ebay can be perfectly safe.

For some auctions, they even give you a money back guarantee as protection, to help ensure safe transactions.

Michele

TrueFaith77 04-16-2011 05:41 PM

^^All good feedback for over 20 sales this year. :thumbsup:

I'm keeping an eye on the auction.

NEXT question, which comes to me as I'm listening to Soundstage 2005--where is Stevie Nicks scheduled to be on 4/22??!!

elle 04-16-2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 966167)
^^All good feedback for over 20 sales this year. :thumbsup:

I'm keeping an eye on the auction.

NEXT question, which comes to me as I'm listening to Soundstage 2005--where is Stevie Nicks scheduled to be on 4/22??!!

;) checked nickslive - Vancouver

TrueFaith77 04-16-2011 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 966232)
;) checked nickslive - Vancouver

oh *schnap*

TrueFaith77 04-17-2011 11:31 AM

I lost the auction. I'm so lame. It's been so long since I've done ebay auction that I forgot how to strategerize. I thought I HAD it!

erwk05 04-17-2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 966450)
I lost the auction. I'm so lame. It's been so long since I've done ebay auction that I forgot how to strategerize. I thought I HAD it!

Stupid Snipers - cant stand them!!!:sorry:

Maccafan5000 04-19-2011 10:47 AM

Well, between the cost of a flight to Cali, hotel, and tickets (though they really are reasonable!) my husband and I cannot swing it when it's this last minute. I'm TERRIBLY disappointed, but I really hope everyone who goes has an awesome time and gives some detailed reviews!

I'm so excited about the new album and tour though!!! With a little more time to save up, I'm sure I'll be traveling about the country once again. Hopefully there are a lot of weekend shows!

Have fun everyone!!!!

elle 04-19-2011 11:43 AM

jokerstyle productions and friday

@jkrstyle shooting #lindseybuckingham rehearsals today at the Saban Theatre in Beverly Hills. LIKE Jokerstyle Productions on Facebook #fleetwoodmac
1 hour ago

@jkrstyle shooting lindsey buckingham rehearsals today at the Saban Theatre in Beverly Hills. LIKE Jokerstyle Productions on FBook #lindseybuckingham
1 hour ago

@ellellew @jkrstyle will you be shooting Friday concert / DVD too, or that's somebody else?
1 hour ago

@jkrstyle @ellellew not shooting the DVD... but backstage, fan, etc stuff that may be included with album as bonus material
15 minutes ago

michelej1 04-19-2011 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 967226)
@jkrstyle @ellellew not shooting the DVD... but backstage, fan, etc stuff that may be included with album as bonus material
15 minutes ago

Interesting. So, there's going to be backstage fan stuff!

Michele