The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Working with your family (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=14095)

Gailh 05-03-2004 09:35 AM

Working with your family

On In the Meantime one of the co-producers is her nephew Dan.

I have two nephews (it's handy to have a spare in case one breaks down) and if I ever worked with them I think I would be tempted to tell them what to do and expect that I would be in charge. If they didn't do as they were told I may threaten to tell their mum! (They are both gown men in their early twenties and the eldest will become a father for the first time in July)

I wonder how Christine's relationship with Dan is - I wonder if she listened to his suggestions and treated him as an equal or did she revert to Aunty Mode?

My thoughts are that she wanted to surround herself with people that she trusted for this album (hence her nephew and Ken Caillat)

Any thoughts?

Gail

ThePenguin 05-03-2004 10:08 AM

>>>>I wonder how Christine's relationship with Dan is - I wonder if she listened to his suggestions and treated him as an equal or did she revert to Aunty Mode?>>>

I'm sort of confused as to how this guy is her nephew. Where did that info come from, is it a quote from her? I'm thinking maybe it's a cousin or some other family member. As far as I know, her older brother has one teenage son, and her younger brother is only about 30 himself, so obviously couldn't have kids old enough to help w/ this album. :-)

I'm confused. :-P

-Lis

trackaghost 05-03-2004 11:03 AM

That's what it says on the press release.

"The album is produced by Christine, her nephew Dan Perfect and Ken Caillat..."

Of course it could be wrong. :shrug:

macfan 57 05-03-2004 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePenguin
I'm sort of confused as to how this guy is her nephew. Where did that info come from, is it a quote from her? I'm thinking maybe it's a cousin or some other family member. As far as I know, her older brother has one teenage son, and her younger brother is only about 30 himself, so obviously couldn't have kids old enough to help w/ this album. :-)

Ken Caillait mentioned in one of his e-mails that Christine's nephew was playing guitar on this album. He never said anything about him being a co-producer though. I'm very curious about this also. I don't know how many children Christine's older brother has. There are a number of Christine's family members mentioned in the thank you section of the Time album booklet. However Dan Perfect is not mentioned. I wonder how old he is. I hope there's a picture of him in the CD booklet. I'd like to know what he looks like.

Gailh 05-03-2004 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePenguin
>>>>

As far as I know, her older brother has one teenage son, and her younger brother is only about 30 himself, so obviously couldn't have kids old enough to help w/ this album. :-)

-Lis

I just assumed he was her older brother John's son. I think she has a younger half brother but as you say I don't think any of his children would be old enough to play on an album let alone help produce one.

The Time Thank You section mentions John, Anthea and Leo Perfect so who is Dan?

Gail

Ali 05-03-2004 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gailh
I just assumed he was her older brother John's son. I think she has a younger half brother but as you say I don't think any of his children would be old enough to play on an album let alone help produce one.

The Time Thank You section mentions John, Anthea and Leo Perfect so who is Dan?

Gail

I was pretty sure that Leo was John's son and that her brother Cyril's kids were Nicky and Anita (who are quite young). Maybe Leo goes by another name now?

Gailh 05-03-2004 02:13 PM

Who is Dan Perfect?

:confused:

Now that I've actually read the Thank You section of Time (as opposed to just trying to remember it) Cyril Perfect & Lesley, Nicky & Anita are also thanked.

So the whole family apart from the mysterious Dan have a mention!

Now I am totally confused!

Gail

ThePenguin 05-03-2004 02:20 PM

>>>I was pretty sure that Leo was John's son and that her brother Cyril's kids were Nicky and Anita (who are quite young). Maybe Leo goes by another name now?>>

Yeah, I thought the same thing regarding Cyril's kids; if Nicky and Anita are his, they must be fairly young.

Even if Leo is calling himself Dan, he is still only about 15 years old. :-) I know from a source that he does actually play the guitar and has/had a little band going...but i don't think his aunt would give him quite so much control over her album. :-)

I still think Dan is a cousin.

-Lis

macfan 57 05-03-2004 04:08 PM

You know, Christine's brother John is in his mid 60's now. Isn't possible that he could have had another child who is in his 30's or so? Maybe for some strange reason, Dan Perfect was just never mentioned in the Time booklet.

Gailh 05-04-2004 03:36 AM

Dan

Quote:

Originally Posted by macfan 57
You know, Christine's brother John is in his mid 60's now. Isn't possible that he could have had another child who is in his 30's or so? Maybe for some strange reason, Dan Perfect was just never mentioned in the Time booklet.

Yes that's sounds the most likely explanation.

Gail

DownOnRodeo 05-04-2004 05:16 AM

Well since Christine's father was a concert violinist (or something), and Christine herself is a piano ace, I figured that it's one of those 'musical genius' families, and even though Dan might be young, he was capable of contributing.

But yeah, he must be a cousin. The press rarely gets any other Mac details correct so this shouldn't be any different.

trackaghost 06-05-2004 12:00 PM

Dan IS John Perfect's son!

just like I said :)

From the sleeve notes on the album written by John Perfect:

"...my son Dan has been an essential provider of technical and musical support."

Gailh 06-05-2004 12:13 PM

Sleeve notes

Quote:

Originally Posted by trackaghost
just like I said :)

From the sleeve notes on the album written by John Perfect:

"...my son Dan has been an essential provider of technical and musical support."

Where did you read the sleeve notes?

Gail

trackaghost 06-05-2004 12:29 PM

I've posted them here on Neil's board.

http://www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com/cgi-b...num=1086456259

ThePenguin 06-05-2004 01:53 PM

Thanks for the info. I had no idea John had another son. Maybe from a first marriage. It's odd that he was never mentioned before.

He is a cutie, too. :-P

-Lis