The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The Just Thought I'd Share Thread (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=41544)

Ghost_Tracker 09-07-2009 04:51 PM

The Just Thought I'd Share Thread

Caitlin a.k.a. Enchanted Stevie had posted a thread on That Other Board called "Just Thought I'd Share" - - - It ended up being really popular. It also helps to save a lot of space and keep things from getting really disorganized with a million different threads. I asked her if it's okay with her if I borrow the idea and start one in here and she said to go for it. :cool:

The idea is you just post any ol' random thing - news, an update about what you're doing, thoughts you've just had, ideas, wishes, hopes, dreams, w/e it's ALL good!

So here we GO! Have fun! :p

Here's one to start:

Definitely wanna enjoy some sun this Labor Day, so I'm gonna go
out in the back yard and read now. :nod:

Just Thought I'd Share. (JTIS.)

golddustdrummer 09-07-2009 05:02 PM

great thread!

just thought I'd share what I've been up to on this fine Labor Day...

Ghost_Tracker 09-07-2009 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golddustdrummer (Post 841405)
great thread!

That's awesome!
Nice choice of song, too - I've always loved that.
It's very "jazzy."

JTIS.

LikeAWillow 09-07-2009 06:27 PM

I'm just getting back from a walk where I ran into my drug dealing ex-roommate/ex-closest friend at Wellesley, and.....couldn't have had a better time talking to her again. Such is my life.

JTIS.

daniellaaarisen 09-07-2009 06:33 PM

I LOVE Brown Eyes. So much.

San Francisco was absolutely beautiful yesterday. Capitola (a quaint little beach town) was gorgeous today. And Marissa isn't responding to my texts.

JTIS.

LikeAWillow 09-07-2009 06:38 PM

Some hottie named Dani claims I'm ignoring her, but I haven't gotten a text from her all day, and it kind of makes me cry inside.

JTIS.

....erm, until I just checked my phone mid-post. JTIS again?

daniellaaarisen 09-07-2009 06:39 PM

We fail.

CALL THE BANK.

LikeAWillow 09-07-2009 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen (Post 841427)
We fail.

CALL THE BANK.

Dude, I WENT to the bank today on top of calling. Both closed. But I'm trying to purchase again right now. I'm really pumped to post a bought my tickets, JTIS.

LikeAWillow 09-07-2009 06:49 PM

I'M GOING TO SAN FRANCISCO!

And someone needs to pick up her phone so we can celebrate.

JTIS.

daniellaaarisen 09-07-2009 06:57 PM

Marissa and Dani. San Francisco. Halloween 2009.

JTIS.

I'll stop spamming this thread now.

trackaghost 09-07-2009 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LikeAWillow (Post 841430)
I'M GOING TO SAN FRANCISCO!

And someone needs to pick up her phone so we can celebrate.

JTIS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen (Post 841431)
Marissa and Dani. San Francisco. Halloween 2009.

JTIS.

I'll stop spamming this thread now.

Did you both meet through The Ledge? I always got the impression from your posts you knew each other in "real life" until I read this. Sorry if I'm being nosey, it's just that I am, well, nosey!

Cornflake Girl 09-07-2009 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golddustdrummer (Post 841405)
great thread!

That was brilliant! I love Brown Eyes, definately one of the sexiest FM songs.

I ran into an ex-friend today. On a train. One of the worst places to run into someone you don't want to talk to is on any form of public transport, because then you have an awkward journey full of inane questions and one word answers. I wanted to be listening to the Weepies album I had just put on my Ipod.

It's 2am and I'm now watching old episodes of The View on youtube and getting het-up over topics that were pertinent a year ago.

daniellaaarisen 09-07-2009 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trackaghost (Post 841445)
Did you both meet through The Ledge? I always got the impression from your posts you knew each other in "real life" until I read this. Sorry if I'm being nosey, it's just that I am, well, nosey!

We did meet through the Ledge. We essentially haven't stopped talking for the past few months, though, so I'm sure that impression isn't random :) I was supposed to visit her while college shopping back east but since I had to cancel due to school obligations, she's coming here for Halloween instead :)

trackaghost 09-07-2009 08:36 PM

Ah cool :) You guys sound like best friends that's why I was surprised to see you hadn't met.

Ghost_Tracker 09-07-2009 11:21 PM

I want to come back as the owner of a pet store in Paradise Valley, that sells Yorkshire Terriers. :nod:

JTIS some Stevielove! :thumbsup:

vivfox 09-07-2009 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker (Post 841476)
I want to come back as the owner of a pet store in Paradise Valley, that sells Yorkshire Terriers. :nod:

JTIS some Stevielove! :thumbsup:

Paradise Valley is beautiful but they also have lots of Scorpions.

Ghost_Tracker 09-07-2009 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 841477)
Paradise Valley is beautiful but they also have lots of Scorpions.

I LOVE Scorpions!

There's NO ONE like them!!!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...0scorpions.jpg

Ghost_Tracker 09-08-2009 03:04 AM

So let me get this straight - Obama is going to give a speech about education - - -
to SCHOOL KIDS? :shrug:

JTIS the Sarcasm. :p

FMlex 09-08-2009 01:43 PM

I hate having my classes so spread out time-wise throughout the day.
On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I have my first one at 8:00am and then my next (and last) one at 3:30pm.
Ugh. I have no one to blame but myself. ****ty scheduling on my part.

JTIS.

LikeAWillow 09-08-2009 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMlex (Post 841556)
I hate having my classes so spread out time-wise throughout the day.
On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I have my first one at 8:00am and then my next (and last) one at 3:30pm.
Ugh. I have no one to blame but myself. ****ty scheduling on my part.

JTIS.

Ugh, that is awful. I have five 8:30's this semester, but I'm done by 12:20 all but one day. We'll see how it goes.

FMlex 09-08-2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LikeAWillow (Post 841557)
Ugh, that is awful. I have five 8:30's this semester, but I'm done by 12:20 all but one day. We'll see how it goes.

See! Marissa = good planner.
That's the way it should be done!

I'm perfectly fine with having early classes... just as long as I'm done at a reasonable time. You've got it made, girl.

golddustdrummer 09-08-2009 05:54 PM

JTIS that dry sockets suck all different kinds of ass.

daniellaaarisen 09-08-2009 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golddustdrummer (Post 841594)
JTIS that dry sockets suck all different kinds of ass.

They are my BIGGEST phobia. I don't know why, but I'm scared to death of them... good luck :(

My super, super sexy English teacher gave me 20 of his poems to read over the weekend, ranging in topics from existence to sex to his dark Irish roots to fatherhood to his dad's death. I spent two hours giving him feedback but more importantly, talking to him about some of the most monumental events of his life and seeing him get emotional about it.

So. Beautiful. I am so obsessed with this man.

JTIS.

carrie721 09-08-2009 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen (Post 841595)
My super, super sexy English teacher gave me 20 of his poems to read over the weekend, ranging in topics from existence to sex to his dark Irish roots to fatherhood to his dad's death. I spent two hours giving him feedback but more importantly, talking to him about some of the most monumental events of his life and seeing him cry about it.

So. Beautiful. I am so obsessed with this man.

JTIS.

that's pretty inappropriate. :lol:

jannieC 09-08-2009 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carrie721 (Post 841596)
that's pretty inappropriate. :lol:

Ya think? :shocked:

daniella, sosunds like you've got that one in the bag.

hippilil86 09-08-2009 07:43 PM

Letting a 5 year old paint my fingernails with her blue peel off nail polish probably wasn't the best idea. I think my nails are stained blue forever.

I need to stop biting my cuticles. My hands are starting to look horrible! It's not my nails, it's the cuticles and skin on the sides of my fingernails. Yikes.

I just got 2 new jobs, and a new apartment, with a new roommate. Now I think I'm ready to date someone. Where is he?

carrie721 09-08-2009 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jannieC (Post 841601)
Ya think? :shocked:

daniella, sosunds like you've got that one in the bag.

no joke. but still wildly creepy.

he should know better and if you cared about his career you wouldn't be talking about this stuff on a forum where everybody knows your facebook page and where you go to school. :shrug:

hippilil86 09-08-2009 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carrie721 (Post 841604)

he should know better and if you cared about his career you wouldn't be talking about this stuff on a forum where everybody knows your facebook page and where you go to school. :shrug:

I think it's fine, as long as you don't mention names. It may be inappropriate for him to be doing that, but as long as it doesn't freak Dani out too much.

jannieC 09-08-2009 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hippilil86 (Post 841607)
I think it's fine, as long as you don't mention names. It may be inappropriate for him to be doing that, but as long as it doesn't freak Dani out too much.

I think that there may be lots of Dani's and some may not be as welcoming of his insanely inappropriate behavior.

Ghost_Tracker 09-08-2009 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hippilil86 (Post 841602)
Letting a 5 year old paint my fingernails with her blue peel off nail polish probably wasn't the best idea. I think my nails are stained blue forever.

I need to stop biting my cuticles. My hands are starting to look horrible! It's not my nails, it's the cuticles and skin on the sides of my fingernails. Yikes.

I just got 2 new jobs, and a new apartment, with a new roommate. Now I think I'm ready to date someone. Where is he?

Long Island? . . . . . :wavey:

Ghost_Tracker 09-08-2009 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carrie721 (Post 841604)

All I'll say is that it's not exactly as if this is shockingly original, and Dani, you're smart enough to know that. I know it might not actually be "such a big deal" but don't forget to view things from the outside.
It's too easy to go fast up and down the highway without seeing a goddamn thing.
This is your senior year and you only get one of them. Have fun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jannieC (Post 841609)
I think that there may be lots of Dani's and some may not be as welcoming of his insanely inappropriate behavior.

"Oh, there's no warning
That takes you to the promised land
Hearts made of crystal
Crumble like castles of sand

Echoes of emotion
And the visions of a fool
Echoes of forbidden ground
And it's too good to be true -
Love is dangerous."

Enchanted_Stevi 09-08-2009 09:19 PM

So today my Intro to BioTechnology class was okay. She did an overview on Chapter 1 and then we went over the Lab Safety stuff. After class my friend dropped me off at work so I could get my mom's car to get my labcoat for my BioTech and BioChem classes. Its fancy! Well as fancy as one can get with a white lab coat..lol Its not like a boxy one. Its form fitting to make you have a sillouette. The brand is "Grey's Anatomy" and its rather soft for a lab coat too. I cant wait to wear it! Oh and I also went to Target and got some Special K bars to eat on Thursday's cause I have classes from 9:30-4!!

JTIS

fleetwoodtrick 09-08-2009 09:39 PM

I have atleast one FML moment a day, so this is where I will share them with my Ledgie friends.

Today, my boyfriend told me we needed to talk. Those four words together in a ny way, shape, or form almost never means something good, so I started freaking out.

BF: What's going on with you and that new guy?! You hang around him more than you hang around me. If there's anything serious going on, I want you to tell me now.

Me: :laugh:

BF: ...What?

Me: :laugh:

BF: -angrysadface-

Me: That's my cousin remember!?!?!?

BF: ....Oh.

Me: I guess you weren't listening all those times I was telling you about him coming to our school... wait, weren't you listening when I introduced him to you!?!!?

BF: ....:o

I then proceeded to give him one of those hugs where you leap into the person who's going to catch you's arms. (Which is quite hard because he's 6 foot something and I'm on the low end of 5, yet taller than Stevie minus platform boots.)

I know a lot of you will be thinking that he's a bad boyfriend and stuff, but he's really not. When you ramble as much as I do, it's hard to find anyone to listen to you! (Besides, my dad does this to my mom all the time! :lol:)

JTIS

daniellaaarisen 09-08-2009 09:44 PM

He's been a mentor figure for the past two years and people are widely aware of that. He's done the same thing with my writing and I don't see a problem with him asking for feedback in return :shrug:. The emotional aspect of it was unexpected-- and fine. I go to a relatively small private school where this type of stuff isn't normal, but isn't shunned, either. I have two teachers who I am very close with (the other is female)-- babysit their kids, get lunch on weekends, they've come to my house for dinner-- my parents are aware of it, my classmates are aware of it and the school is mildly aware of it. Even so, I am one Dani from California who goes to a private shool and has abnormally close student-teacher relationships. If someone wants to report it, have fun trying-- I think that is outrageously nosy and ridiculous, and I will be deleting some friends if anyone else considers this a legitimate concern. :D

I consider myself so, so lucky to be able to have these relationships. :shrug: Sorry it weirds you out.

iamnotafraid 09-08-2009 10:02 PM

whoa!!!! we've got a soap opera going on here.

Tales of Ribaldry (Jon Lovitz, SNL)

Ghost_Tracker 09-08-2009 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen (Post 841621)
He's been a mentor figure for the past two years and people are widely aware of that. He's done the same thing with my writing and I don't see a problem with him asking for feedback in return :shrug:. The emotional aspect of it was unexpected-- and fine. I go to a relatively small private school where this type of stuff isn't normal, but isn't shunned, either. I have two teachers who I am very close with (the other is female)-- babysit their kids, get lunch on weekends, they've come to my house for dinner-- my parents are aware of it, my classmates are aware of it and the school is mildly aware of it. Even so, I am one Dani from California who goes to a private shool and has abnormally close student-teacher relationships. If someone wants to report it, have fun trying-- I think that is outrageously nosy and ridiculous, and I will be deleting some friends if anyone else considers this a legitimate concern. :D

I consider myself so, so lucky to be able to have these relationships. :shrug: Sorry it weirds you out.

Meh, don't be too pissed at us. We just don't want to see you getting hurt, THAT'S all!
I guess us Fleetwood Mac and Stevie fans are over-protective of each other. :nod:

daniellaaarisen 09-08-2009 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker (Post 841626)
Meh, don't be too pissed at us. We just don't want to see you getting hurt, THAT'S all!
I guess us Fleetwood Mac and Stevie fans are over-protective of each other. :nod:

I'm not pissed! I just consider today's conversation one of the top few of my life and yes, its inappropriate-- but there's also nothing really hidden about it. I don't know how to describe it. Maybe I just don't see it as such a big deal because I've always had these type of relationships with my teachers....

ILoveFM 09-08-2009 10:30 PM

I was accepted into the college I've always wanted to attend the day I took my last AP test in May. I had been placed on the 'wait-list' in March and they finally called me and told me that I had been accepted!!.. But it was for Spring semester. I cried and cried that whole day because I felt like a loser for only getting accepted for Spring semester. Anyway I've been playing it off for months to family and friends that I'm so happy to have this semester off and I'm getting to save up money for college and I'm so happy, etc., but I still feel like a loser who will never leave home. I have a fear that it'll all be taken away from me any day now. Ah, crazy irrational thinking I'm sure.

JTIS because who's better supporting than fellow Ledgies :)

daniellaaarisen 09-08-2009 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILoveFM (Post 841638)
I was accepted into the college I've always wanted to attend the day I took my last AP test in May. I had been placed on the 'wait-list' in March and they finally called me and told me that I had been accepted!!.. But it was for Spring semester. I cried and cried that whole day because I felt like a loser for only getting accepted for Spring semester. Anyway I've been playing it off for months to family and friends that I'm so happy to have this semester off and I'm getting to save up money for college and I'm so happy, etc., but I still feel like a loser who will never leave home. I have a fear that it'll all be taken away from me any day now. Ah, crazy irrational thinking I'm sure.

JTIS because who's better supporting than fellow Ledgies :)

:) I'm applying to colleges right now and I totally understand the anxiety. If I don't get into Kenyon, I will be sooooooo upset. :(

Can I ask what school you are talking about?

ILoveFM 09-08-2009 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen (Post 841643)
:) I'm applying to colleges right now and I totally understand the anxiety. If I don't get into Kenyon, I will be sooooooo upset. :(

Can I ask what school you are talking about?

Yea, I'm going to the Univeristy of Georgia. The last few years it has been come increasingly harder to get in to but they tend to accept more students from the area now. I'm lucky to have gotten in I know that, I just wish I started when everyone else did.

Good luck with those applications!!!! I remember getting so upset filling those out.