The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mick Fleetwood doesn't think Fleetwood Mac will Reunite with Ex Members (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58711)

aleuzzi 06-18-2019 02:49 PM

Mick Fleetwood doesn't think Fleetwood Mac will Reunite with Ex Members

"Mick Fleetwood doesn't think Fleetwood Mac will Reunite with Ex Members"

https://canoe.com/entertainment/musi...ith-ex-members

The title of the piece and Mick's evasive language try to lump Green, Spencer, and Buckingham together in the same category as "ex members" but reading not so subtly between the lines, it's clear he's making an argument for going forward without Buckingham:

"I don't think there will be a point where the band's former members all end up back in a good place together."

Quit the doublespeak, Mick. What you really mean is "I don't think Stevie will ever consent to working with Lindsey again on stage, so he's out. We're standing by her." Just say it, coward.

Macfan4life 06-18-2019 02:56 PM

Not surprised at all.

sodascouts 06-18-2019 03:30 PM

I live in hope.

If Lindsey almost dying doesn't do it, maybe Stevie has to experience something herself (I'm not ill-wishing her), but something needs to crack that heart of stone.

button-lip 06-18-2019 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1253211)
"Mick Fleetwood doesn't think Fleetwood Mac will Reunite with Ex Members"

https://canoe.com/entertainment/musi...ith-ex-members

The title of the piece and Mick's evasive language try to lump Green, Spencer, and Buckingham together in the same category as "ex members" but reading not so subtly between the lines, it's clear he's making an argument for going forward without Buckingham:

"I don't think there will be a point where the band's former members all end up back in a good place together."

Quit the doublespeak, Mick. What you really mean is "I don't think Stevie will ever consent to working with Lindsey again on stage, so he's out. We're standing by her." Just say it, coward.

Also not surprised. They're siding with Stevie, of course. The reasons may vary, but I have the feeling Mick is also enjoying this, aside from standing by Stevie.

I think nothing will make her change her mind about Lindsey. Sadly, she finally showed her true colors.

On BBC 2 Mick at least acknowledged Lindsey's huge contribution to the band's legacy. :shrug:

Storms123 06-18-2019 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1253218)
Also not surprised. They're siding with Stevie, of course. The reasons may vary, but I have the feeling Mick is also enjoying this, aside from standing by Stevie.

I think nothing will make her change her mind about Lindsey. Sadly, she finally showed her true colors.

On BBC 2 Mick at least acknowledged Lindsey's huge contribution to the band's legacy. :shrug:

He lives for the drama. His statement was so vague I actually had to reread it a few times because it made no sense. However the innuendo was definitely clear. 2 out of 5 stars makes you sit up and take notice though. Time to pack it in...hard to believe this is likely their farewell tour. So very sad.

sasja 06-18-2019 07:56 PM

Thank goodness! I NEVER ever ever want LB to breathe the same air as that gagworthy solipsistic bunch of has-beens.

This is GREAT news to me therefore. Let 'em rot elsewhere, far away from LB :blob1:

button-lip 06-18-2019 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasja (Post 1253222)
Thank goodness! I NEVER ever ever want LB to breathe the same air as that gagworthy solipsistic bunch of has-beens.

This is GREAT news to me therefore. Let 'em rot elsewhere, far away from LB :blob1:

It would have been more satisfactory (for us and for him) if he had made the decision of leaving instead of being forced to leave by this bunch of a$$holes.

button-lip 06-18-2019 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1253220)
He lives for the drama. His statement was so vague I actually had to reread it a few times because it made no sense. However the innuendo was definitely clear. 2 out of 5 stars makes you sit up and take notice though. Time to pack it in...hard to believe this is likely their farewell tour. So very sad.

As much as they’re trying to diminish the Lindsey’s situation, 2 out of 5 stars and from the London Times is not something to take lightly. And they know it’s because of Lindsey.

They’re determined to ignore Lindsey, so this is most likely their farewell tour :shrug:

TrueFaith77 06-18-2019 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1253225)
As much as they’re trying to diminish the Lindsey’s situation, 2 out of 5 stars and from the London Times is not something to take lightly. And they know it’s because of Lindsey.

They’re determined to ignore Lindsey, so this is most likely their farewell tour :shrug:

Farewell to a band nobody ever heard from or owns a record by. Pathetic end to the legacy.

Storms123 06-18-2019 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1253226)
Farewell to a band nobody ever heard from or owns a record by. Pathetic end to the legacy.

Very well said. So many of us agree with that....truly pathetic and really very sad.

vivfox 06-18-2019 08:53 PM

This article makes me so sad. I imagine Lindsey's reaction upon reading it. Feelings of hopelessness. I never imagined this before but I can picture him falling into uncontrollable tears. I want to reach out and give my precious Lindsey a cyber hug. I can't even imagine how crappy this makes him feel. I was so hoping Stevie would soften her anger over time and be calculating a new way to bring Lindsey back to the band.

button-lip 06-18-2019 10:01 PM

Mick is absolutely certain he's honoring Lindsey? In which way? Ignoring his calls and choosing Stevie's side of the story over his? He didn't even let the man defend himself from whatever Stevie decided he did wrong in her twisted world.

On the BBC 2 Radio interview he said Danny was at the first Wembley concert. So, they honor every former band member for their contribution but they chose to ignore Lindsey?

button-lip 06-18-2019 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1253228)
This article makes me so sad. I imagine Lindsey's reaction upon reading it. Feelings of hopelessness. I never imagined this before but I can picture him falling into uncontrollable tears. I want to reach out and give my precious Lindsey a cyber hug. I can't even imagine how crappy this makes him feel. I was so hoping Stevie would soften her anger over time and be calculating a new way to bring Lindsey back to the band.

I'm actually hoping he's not reading any of this. It won't make him any good. :distress::distress:

And I'm more surprised at Christine's coldness. I said many times I'm not giving a pass to any of them. It's easy to blame Mick and/or Stevie but the truth is they all remained quiet (even Campbell and Finn) and let things happen.

BombaySapphire3 06-19-2019 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1253232)
I'm actually hoping he's not reading any of this. It won't make him any good. :distress::distress:

And I'm more surprised at Christine's coldness. I said many times I'm not giving a pass to any of them. It's easy to blame Mick and/or Stevie but the truth is they all remained quiet (even Campbell and Finn) and let things happen.

I actually feel kind of sorry for Christine ..she seems like a decrepit old crone who can no longer sing or play. Mick has always been a money grubbing whore who even if he is sober is a dry drunk.Stevie to give the devil her due can still hold her own live. She should have just disbanded Fleetwood Mac (which she now runs) instead of letting it come to this pathetic end.

jmn3 06-19-2019 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1253233)
I actually feel kind of sorry for Christine ..she seems like a decrepit old crone who can no longer sing or play. Mick has always been a money grubbing whore who even if he is sober is a dry drunk.Stevie to give the devil her due can still hold her own live. She should have just disbanded Fleetwood Mac (which she now runs) instead of letting it come to this pathetic end.

It’s all about the cash - no way she brings in solo what she can with the Fleetwood Mac moniker. But, I completely agree, Stevie can totally hold her own live still whereas it’s been very hard to cover for Christine’s lack of ability for five years now.

jmn3 06-19-2019 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1253232)

Mick and Stevie are just gross as far as the Lindsey situation. The McVie’s maybe a little less gross, but equally at fault. Even quiet Johnny. He or Chris could’ve put the kibosh on this crap at any time. Campbell and Finn saw a payday they’d never get otherwise and silently went along with the others.

elle 06-19-2019 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1253236)
Mick and Stevie are just gross as far as the Lindsey situation. The McVie’s maybe a little less gross, but equally at fault. Even quiet Johnny. He or Chris could’ve put the kibosh on this crap at any time. Campbell and Finn saw a payday they’d never get otherwise and silently went along with the others.

Re Neil, there was a tweet from Wembley the other day:

“Neil Finn singing Second Hand News at Fleetwood Mac did a good job but must be weird knowing 75000 people watching wish you were somebody else :( “

aleuzzi 06-19-2019 09:19 AM

Quote:

I actually feel kind of sorry for Christine ..she seems like a decrepit old crone who can no longer sing or play.

I disagree that she can no longer sing or play. Her voice can’t handle arenas very well but she can still turn in a powerful studio recording, as her collaboration with Lindsey reveals. Was there studio machinery to help? Of course, but there is with Stevie, too. The point is, on record, Christine is as creative and viable as she’s always been. But because she’s frailer and because her 16-year absence essentially dethroned her as the once “guiding hand” in band affairs, we ARE seeing an echo of what she once was.

jmn3 06-19-2019 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1253238)
I disagree that she can no longer sing or play. Her voice can’t handle arenas very well but she can still turn in a powerful studio recording, as her collaboration with Lindsey reveals. Was there studio machinery to help? Of course, but there is with Stevie, too. The point is, on record, Christine is as creative and viable as she’s always been. But because she’s frailer and because her 16-year absence essentially dethroned her as the once “guiding hand” in band affairs, we ARE seeing an echo of what she once was.

Agree that she is different in the studio vs live. In fact, from a singing perspective, I always felt her voice was better aligned in the studio. Unfortunately, she took 16 of the worst possible years for a human to go dormant with their craft and then try a comeback afterward. And it’s just harder to cover up those weaknesses live.

Villavic 06-19-2019 11:35 AM

Well I was at one of the first concerts of the On with the Show tour, october 2014, and frankly I didn't like Lindsey's voice. It was far lower than the last time I saw them (2009). Christine's voice wasn't the same either, but, to be honest, it was his voice that made me think... Ok, they are not singing that good anymore. Though the show was stunning, I think I'd understand if this is the last tour. My personal opinion.

bombaysaffires 06-19-2019 06:39 PM

Quote:

which is odd because she sounded fabulous on her last solo album; her voice was in fine fettle, and that made it all the weirder that she was so lost in the mix on BuckVie. She definitely was wobbly vocally on that tour, and surely the massive demands of a Mac world tour have not helped the situation.

elle 06-19-2019 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasja (Post 1253222)

Yes! That part doesn’t bother me in the least.

What bothers me - but doesn’t surprise me because every single thing Kristen Buckingham states turned out completely truthful over and over again - so yeah what does bother me is that Mick confirmed he hasn’t reached out to Lindsey even after Lindsey almost died. And he doesn’t even understand how horrible of a person that makes him look. Makes all of them look. Because they are such bad people that they obviously don’t get the most normal decent human behavior.

elle 06-19-2019 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1253238)

Agree with this. She’s still inspired and can be great in the studio. Unfortunately what she came back to is a nostalgia live circuit and not a creative artistic entity. BuckVie album was happy and warm. But live Lindsey worked really hard to carry her on their tour. I loved BuckVie tour and their chemistry but it was liberating having full throttle Lindsey back on his solo anthology tour last fall.

KenshiMaster16 06-19-2019 11:30 PM

My two cents;

I think Chris was fine with Linds until the suit. She may have taken that a little personally even though she shouldn't have. I think she took it more as a slam at all of them rather than Linds just getting his due. Either way, I don't think she is one to hold a grudge anyway, look at all the crap the band has been through and she stuck in through the majority of the way regardless.

As far as Mick's comments go, we all know exactly what he meant; "I don't think there will be a point where the band's former members all end up back in a good place together.... unless of course our fellow guitarists leave and we cannot continue, then of course we would be willing to negotiate a sit-down for a potential reunion. The door is always open, always revolving."

elle 06-20-2019 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 (Post 1253246)
My two cents;

I think Chris was fine with Linds until the suit. She may have taken that a little personally even though she shouldn't have. I think she took it more as a slam at all of them rather than Linds just getting his due. Either way, I don't think she is one to hold a grudge anyway, look at all the crap the band has been through and she stuck in through the majority of the way regardless."

This makes no sense whatsoever. I know it’s your 2 cents, but considering she sent Lindsey extremely nice email AFTER lawsuit was settled, it’s pretty obvious she had no problem with his lawsuit. And she has been pretty clear and consistent that she has nothing to do with his firing, that she was shocked when she heard of it, that she had great time with him for BuckVie, and that she accepted Lb is out only after Mick mansplained to her the situation the band is in. She should t have accepted Mucks mansplaining and possibly could have put a stop on the whole charade, but apparently she didn’t have a spine for it, and still doesn’t. At least she stopped giving the interviews trotting the company line.

g. fish 06-20-2019 08:23 AM

"BuckVie album was happy and warm. But live Lindsey worked really hard to carry her on their tour."

Totally agree. It was kind of sad. She was definitely frail. And it seemed like Lindsey was holding back, careful not to upstage her too much.

bombaysaffires 06-20-2019 12:59 PM

what was really interesting was that during the making of BuckVie Chris said that Stevie would call her periodically to ask how things were going and how Lindsey was behaving. Chris said she would report to Stevie that he was indeed "being a good boy" -- whatever that means. No outbursts? Not being too bossy pants? It wasn't clear. But it felt like Stevie was gauging maybe whether to ever agree to record again or not based on how he was with Chris, or maybe she was gauging how he was with someone other than herself ("oh he's all collaborative with Chris but not with me" or whatever). Did she think she had to be big sister looking out for Chris from big bad LB? The whole thing was very curious.

aleuzzi 06-20-2019 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g. fish (Post 1253248)
"BuckVie album was happy and warm. But live Lindsey worked really hard to carry her on their tour."

Totally agree. It was kind of sad. She was definitely frail. And it seemed like Lindsey was holding back, careful not to upstage her too much.

I think some of the frailness and uncertainty we saw from her was LB's reliance on pre-recorded tracks. He's been doing it for years and when I saw him for his most recent solo tour a friend turned to me and said "those pre-recorded tracks are not cool. At all."

He may have been holding back a little, but I didn't see that.

aleuzzi 06-20-2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1253247)
She should t have accepted Mucks mansplaining and possibly could have put a stop on the whole charade, but apparently she didn’t have a spine for it, and still doesn’t. At least she stopped giving the interviews trotting the company line.

Yes--that's what is disappointing. Her allegiance to a band name, to Mick's mission, which was informed by Stevie's demands. If it were Lindsey they were saving, Christine would have done the same thing: toe the company line, give fake enthusiastic interviews, while intimating that she really respects and misses Stevie (instead of Lindsey). What we all wanted was the Christine of yore--the Christine of the Tusk tour who slaps people's faces or chuck's wine at them if they piss her off. That Christine is gone.

Thankfully, we still have the great tunesmith she is who can make very good records. I'm still hoping (no matter how delusional) for another solo or LB-collaboration from her...

lovethemac1 06-20-2019 01:40 PM

What they did to Lindsey was horrific and bullying, esp Mick and Stevie.

How John and Chris went along with it is ridiculously mean, and spineless.

How Mike and Neil went along with this............I don't care about the paycheque for them, even Rock n Roll has some kind of moral code about screwing over fellow artists, and I don't care about whether they were in the dark-at some point they found out what went down.....I'm sure that there must be higher morals around than here.

How they all ghosted him: they are all petty, rude and immature.

How they all ghosted him after a major health event: beyond anything I can even explain, I'm still shaking my head. And Mick admitting to it in the press, stupid a$$hole. He's so stupid he doesn't even realize how bad he looks.

For all those people making the snide and rude comments about Kristen, she has been DEAD RIGHT about this group of a$$holes. Thank goodness for her, or we may never have known what really went down.

Lindsey, my heart still breaks for him, every single time any of them open their mouths in an interview or a concert. He loved them, and put his heart and soul into this band, it still has to hurt.....no matter how much we think he's better off without them (and he is), it's just got to hurt him.

elle 06-20-2019 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1253251)
I think some of the frailness and uncertainty we saw from her was LB's reliance on pre-recorded tracks.

That’s a pretty flimsy excuse considering on the current FM tour there’s no LB or his backing tracks - so what’s the excuse for her frailness now?

He was so making sure she can shine on BuckVie tour and was covering for any problems she may have had. Now when he’s not there, she’s getting slammed.

You may not like the backing tracks and that’s a fair complaint, but blaming LB for everything and anything that’s been going on for decades is getting old. He’s not there now so it’s time to stop blaming him for bands problems that are now so obvious and laid bare in recent European reviews.

elle 06-20-2019 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovethemac1 (Post 1253254)
What they did to Lindsey was horrific and bullying, esp Mick and Stevie.

How John and Chris went along with it is ridiculously mean, and spineless.

How Mike and Neil went along with this............I don't care about the paycheque for them, even Rock n Roll has some kind of moral code about screwing over fellow artists, and I don't care about whether they were in the dark-at some point they found out what went down.....I'm sure that there must be higher morals around than here.

How they all ghosted him: they are all petty, rude and immature.

How they all ghosted him after a major health event: beyond anything I can even explain, I'm still shaking my head. And Mick admitting to it in the press, stupid a$$hole. He's so stupid he doesn't even realize how bad he looks.

For all those people making the snide and rude comments about Kristen, she has been DEAD RIGHT about this group of a$$holes. Thank goodness for her, or we may never have known what really went down.

Lindsey, my heart still breaks for him, every single time any of them open their mouths in an interview or a concert. He loved them, and put his heart and soul into this band, it still has to hurt.....no matter how much we think he's better off without them (and he is), it's just got to hurt him.

Great post!

aleuzzi 06-20-2019 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1253256)
That’s a pretty flimsy excuse considering on the current FM tour there’s no LB or his backing tracks - so what’s the excuse for her frailness now?

He was so making sure she can shine on BuckVie tour and was covering for any problems she may have had. Now when he’s not there, she’s getting slammed.

You may not like the backing tracks and that’s a fair complaint, but blaming LB for everything and anything that’s been going on for decades is getting old. He’s not there now so it’s time to stop blaming him for bands problems that are now so obvious and laid bare in recent European reviews.

I wasn’t aware the band was using backing tracks now. Not interested in their new configuration beyond an occasional morbid curiosity. I did see some vids of Christine on tour with them now and she seems far less tentative and frail than she did on the Buckvie tour. Her voice is pretty weak but she’s kept her phrasing. And she is clearly playing the keys very well on several tracks—something she did not do on the BuckVie tour. Hence my speculation about the pre-recorded tracks.

But I’m an LB fan. So I’m assuming your comment “it’s time to stop blaming him...” was addressed to the general public and not to me in particular. If it was the latter, you’re off base.

Storms123 06-20-2019 09:34 PM

I love the Rumours 5. And I could forgive them a lot. A LOT. The drama, the BS, the fake love story (that I don't think too many people actually bought?) the lies, etc. But they crossed the line this time. That CBS interview needs to go down as the biggest load of horse sh*t ever. I would love to bend Anthony Mason's ear on that.
There was never a question as to whether or not I would see this current configuration. I wouldn't. I have a ton of respect for Mike Campbell. I saw TPH the July before TP passed away at Forest Hills in NY--Would say the best venue ever to see a concert and I would pay top dollar to see the Rumours 5 play there. I put that concert in my top 5 concerts of all time. But Mike Campbell is not FM. I have respect for Neil Finn as a musician and an artist, but I am not New Wave fan, and to me, CH is New Wave. I saw the videos of GYOW and SHN and he admirably tried to do what LB did, but he couldn't. NF does not belong in a band like FM. He just doesn't.
Christine coming back to FM in 2014/15 was a dream come true. And I loved her until she went all "Benedict Arnold" so this is really tough for me to say, but Christine's voice is shot. Just shot. Like ears bleeding. I don't understand the notion "she's a great studio singer". Does that mean once all the technology in the studio manipulates her voice so it's palpable to the human ear, she's great? FM is a live concert nostalgia act. That's all they do, all they will ever do ever more. If she can't sing unless someone is manipulating her vocals to unrealistic like levels, she shouldn't be there.
Mick is a total buffoon and I actually believe would do ANYTHING for a buck. And as time goes on, I am more convinced John McVie might be a hologram. Honestly, the only person in the band who has held up, and whose voice has matured in a way that, listening to her earlier stuff makes sense, is Stevie. And factoring in studio "manipulation" She sounded fairly consistent on this tour.
FM has truly become Stevie's backing band.

Storms123 06-20-2019 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1253237)
Re Neil, there was a tweet from Wembley the other day:

“Neil Finn singing Second Hand News at Fleetwood Mac did a good job but must be weird knowing 75000 people watching wish you were somebody else :( “

What really boggled my mind in seeing the instagram posts from London and people hash tagging lindsey and not Neil or Mike, there really are so many people that have no idea he wasn't going to be there.

aleuzzi 06-20-2019 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1253259)
Christine's voice is shot. Just shot. Like ears bleeding. I don't understand the notion "she's a great studio singer". Does that mean once all the technology in the studio manipulates her voice so it's palpable to the human ear, she's great? FM is a live concert nostalgia act. That's all they do, all they will ever do ever more. If she can't sing unless someone is manipulating her vocals to unrealistic like levels, she shouldn't be there.

It’s really not as straightforward as that. Christine’s voice is weak and she’s old. Hearing her live IS disappointing, but entirely expected for someone her age. But I’ve watched a lot of clips and her tone is still there, as is her phrasing and timing. She can’t sing in arenas or even smaller theatres . She simply doesn’t have the power or the stamina. That’s sad.

But being a studio vocalist isn’t just about relying on studio machinery. All of the FM singers (and many more in the business) use the machinery. But none of that machinery would matter if the singer doesn’t still have their tone and phrasing. When people (like me) say Christine is a good studio singer, they mean she can do as many takes as she needs in a chamber like setting that allows her to annunciate without having to shout to be heard. Many great singers in rock were essentially studio singers and not as effective live. (Diana Ross and Olivia Newton John are examples.) When Christine sings on record she sounds like she always has. So, I still say she’s a great studio singer. Her voice has its same warmth and I get the same emotional response from a song like say, “Red Sun” that I get from “Over My Head.” The voice still sounds intact. If she needs some gadgetry to help her along, I’ll take it because no one else sounds like her and I still long for music from her.

For what it’s worth, her voice was really shot during the Mirage tour. And there’s a 1977 bootleg of her singing YMLF where she sounds like a dying whale. Other times, she was spot on. And some of the clips from the current tour show her occasionally rising to an acceptable standard, so her on-again/off-again difficulty with live shows has been around for a loooooooong time.

HomerMcvie 06-21-2019 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1253259)
I love the Rumours 5. And I could forgive them a lot. A LOT. The drama, the BS, the fake love story (that I don't think too many people actually bought?) the lies, etc. But they crossed the line this time. That CBS interview needs to go down as the biggest load of horse sh*t ever. I would love to bend Anthony Mason's ear on that.
There was never a question as to whether or not I would see this current configuration. I wouldn't. I have a ton of respect for Mike Campbell. I saw TPH the July before TP passed away at Forest Hills in NY--Would say the best venue ever to see a concert and I would pay top dollar to see the Rumours 5 play there. I put that concert in my top 5 concerts of all time. But Mike Campbell is not FM. I have respect for Neil Finn as a musician and an artist, but I am not New Wave fan, and to me, CH is New Wave. I saw the videos of GYOW and SHN and he admirably tried to do what LB did, but he couldn't. NF does not belong in a band like FM. He just doesn't.
Christine coming back to FM in 2014/15 was a dream come true. And I loved her until she went all "Benedict Arnold" so this is really tough for me to say, but Christine's voice is shot. Just shot. Like ears bleeding. I don't understand the notion "she's a great studio singer". Does that mean once all the technology in the studio manipulates her voice so it's palpable to the human ear, she's great? FM is a live concert nostalgia act. That's all they do, all they will ever do ever more. If she can't sing unless someone is manipulating her vocals to unrealistic like levels, she shouldn't be there.
Mick is a total buffoon and I actually believe would do ANYTHING for a buck. And as time goes on, I am more convinced John McVie might be a hologram. Honestly, the only person in the band who has held up, and whose voice has matured in a way that, listening to her earlier stuff makes sense, is Stevie. And factoring in studio "manipulation" She sounded fairly consistent on this tour.
FM has truly become Stevie's backing band.

I agree with 95% of your post, EXCEPT $tevie's voice being the only one that's "still there". THAT'S because $he reduced her singing range to 3-4 notes, TWO DECADES AGO. She plays it safe, staying in her tiny window. So yeah, I guess she could be perceived as "sounding better", because she takes no chances. Christine and Lindsey TRY for the original notes. Goat Mama just bleats and bleats the same notes, over and over.

It's sad that it's all come to this. They really should hang it up. :distress:

Know what? They did, the minute they fired Lindsey.

aleuzzi 06-21-2019 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1253262)
I agree with 95% of your post, EXCEPT $tevie's voice being the only one that's "still there". THAT'S because $he reduced her singing range to 3-4 notes, TWO DECADES AGO. She plays it safe, staying in her tiny window. So yeah, I guess she could be perceived as "sounding better", because she takes no chances. Christine and Lindsey TRY for the original notes....

It's sad that it's all come to this. They really should hang it up. :distress:

Know what? They did, the minute they fired Lindsey.

I'm with you on this.

button-lip 06-23-2019 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1253264)
I'm with you on this.

That makes three of us. :D

Love coming here to trash this pathetic cover band :nod::laugh:

Storms123 06-23-2019 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1253261)
It’s really not as straightforward as that. Christine’s voice is weak and she’s old. Hearing her live IS disappointing, but entirely expected for someone her age. But I’ve watched a lot of clips and her tone is still there, as is her phrasing and timing. She can’t sing in arenas or even smaller theatres . She simply doesn’t have the power or the stamina. That’s sad.

But being a studio vocalist isn’t just about relying on studio machinery. All of the FM singers (and many more in the business) use the machinery. But none of that machinery would matter if the singer doesn’t still have their tone and phrasing. When people (like me) say Christine is a good studio singer, they mean she can do as many takes as she needs in a chamber like setting that allows her to annunciate without having to shout to be heard. Many great singers in rock were essentially studio singers and not as effective live. (Diana Ross and Olivia Newton John are examples.) When Christine sings on record she sounds like she always has. So, I still say she’s a great studio singer. Her voice has its same warmth and I get the same emotional response from a song like say, “Red Sun” that I get from “Over My Head.” The voice still sounds intact. If she needs some gadgetry to help her along, I’ll take it because no one else sounds like her and I still long for music from her.

For what it’s worth, her voice was really shot during the Mirage tour. And there’s a 1977 bootleg of her singing YMLF where she sounds like a dying whale. Other times, she was spot on. And some of the clips from the current tour show her occasionally rising to an acceptable standard, so her on-again/off-again difficulty with live shows has been around for a loooooooong time.

Hi-I thought I responded here earlier and realized I didn't. Thank you for sharing your perspective on what you meant on Studio musicians. It makes sense. I think she actually sounded the best during The Dance. I was so happy to have her back during OWTS, but there were some blips. I think the energy made up for the blips. I miss the dynamic of the Rumours 5. Full disclosure I didn't attend any of these shows, but the videos I've seen--its the dynamic and energy missing (IMO) perhaps that's what Christine is lacking?