The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Manchester 27th October (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=41990)

jedw 10-25-2009 05:49 AM

Manchester 27th October

I can't be the only one going,

I suppose if i were, that makes me official correspondant. :rolleyes:

TheWILDheart 10-25-2009 02:55 PM

I'll be there :)

LittleCharmer 10-25-2009 09:14 PM

I'll be there too :) unbelievably excited..

Phil Lee 10-26-2009 06:54 AM

I'll be there too. Still trying to decide whether to take my camera or not. I took loads of photos from the front row last time but am only ;) in row 6 this time. I think I might concentrate on the show.

Here are the photos I took at the MEN last time round. I can't believe it's been almost 6 years!

kathy1 10-26-2009 07:49 AM

have fun everyone and be sure to post pictures.

jedw 10-26-2009 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil Lee (Post 850081)
I'll be there too. Still trying to decide whether to take my camera or not. I took loads of photos from the front row last time but am only ;) in row 6 this time. I think I might concentrate on the show.

Here are the photos I took at the MEN last time round. I can't believe it's been almost 6 years!

Im further back still, but i will try take a pic or two from the screens. :)

LittleCharmer 10-26-2009 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil Lee (Post 850081)

Love these! Tomorrow can't come quickly enough....

I'm in row 3, hopefully will be able to get some good pics :) will probably end up posting them here the minute I get back

Azzar 10-26-2009 01:47 PM

Ill be there. 8 rows back in my grey Mirage tour baseball jersey effort.

Ill look like this from the front.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=130338395117

and this from the back

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=130338395117

see you all there!

anyone got the jitters tonight?

someone email me!.

i need to talk to someone about it all haha

outofthecradle@hotmail.co.uk

LittleCharmer 10-26-2009 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azzar (Post 850135)
anyone got the jitters tonight?

I absolutely have.. I cannot sleep a wink!

TheWILDheart 10-27-2009 04:45 AM

^DITTO!!
I've got 3rd row, D Block seats and I am SO FREAKIN EXCITED!!!! :]

jedw 10-27-2009 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWILDheart (Post 850246)
^DITTO!!

I've got 2nd Row Block E, although part of me wishes i'd gotten into the front blocks.

S
T A D G
A B E H
G C F J
E

^assuming that layout :confused:

vivfox 10-27-2009 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWILDheart (Post 850246)
^DITTO!!

d-block represents one of my favorite NYC rappers, Styles P!
P.S. I don't expect you to understand the connection...

jedw 10-27-2009 07:17 PM

Back,

lil dissapointed as no silver springs!, also I have taken no pictures:(, the camera I had with me just wasnt adequate to focus from where I was, so I gave up and just enjoyed the show.

Awesome show all in all. I will be looking forward to anyone with pics sharing .. please:D

jedw 10-27-2009 07:40 PM

A few thoughts.

Lindsey really stole the show in Manchester in all honesty, this man is 60 and has SOO much energy it is insane. I always wonder where he keeps all his extra hands needed to play guitar like that, all the usual things blew us away e.g. big love, im so afraid etc. the key word really is ENERGY. He seems to just get more and more.

Stevie was less energetic, not that I was suprised. She wasn't on top form for gypsy unfortunatly but her singing on the whole is SOO much better live than on recent recordings. She told her story about lindsey calling her up and asking to join the band "what kind of band is it ...." and she let out a yell that ive never heard before - gave me and the audience a laugh. Before her costume change she seemed to loose a glove ... and performed in one black glove for a while :confused:
Highlights were hearing her beautiful rendition on storms, gold dust woman (which was beyond awesome) landslide, and stand back. Sara could have been better, but I was glad to hear it all the same as a LOVE the song, it just isnt really a good live track in my opinion.

Big suprise was Micks drum solo during world turning I DID NOT EXPECT any of this, didnt know he did drum solos anymore, I mean i've seen the mirage video and his "not that funny" drum solo, but this was news to me. He really worked the crowd, and it was a great crowd btw.

I was hoping for silver springs at the end but it wasn't to be :distress:

CADreaming 10-27-2009 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jedw (Post 850392)
A few thoughts.

Lindsey really stole the show in Manchester in all honesty, this man is 60 and has SOO much energy it is insane. I always wonder where he keeps all his extra hands needed to play guitar like that, all the usual things blew us away e.g. big love, im so afraid etc. the key word really is ENERGY. He seems to just get more and more.

Stevie was less energetic, not that I was suprised. She wasn't on top form for gypsy unfortunatly but her singing on the whole is SOO much better live than on recent recordings. She told her story about lindsey calling her up and asking to join the band "what kind of band is it ...." and she let out a yell that ive never heard before - gave me and the audience a laugh. Before her costume change she seemed to loose a glove ... and performed in one black glove for a while :confused:
Highlights were hearing her beautiful rendition on storms, gold dust woman (which was beyond awesome) landslide, and stand back. Sara could have been better, but I was glad to hear it all the same as a LOVE the song, it just isnt really a good live track in my opinion.

Big suprise was Micks drum solo during world turning I DID NOT EXPECT any of this, didnt know he did drum solos anymore, I mean i've seen the mirage video and his "not that funny" drum solo, but this was news to me. He really worked the crowd, and it was a great crowd btw.

I was hoping for silver springs at the end but it wasn't to be :distress:

Thanks for the review!

You may be right about Stevie's lost glove, and here we were thinking she's been doing that purposely! Cory needs to add that to the prompter before she goes to change: "Go to tent, Remember other glove!" ;)