The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The String Quartet Tribute to Fleetwood Mac: Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=7739)

golddustchic 11-09-2002 11:30 PM

The String Quartet Tribute to Fleetwood Mac: Rumours

I was just at the mall today and happened to see this album there and decided to pick it up. I actually think it's pretty cool. It's kind of interesting to hear these songs played this way. I think they did a great job. Does anyone else have this? If so, what's your opinion on it? I know it's kind of wierd to hear the songs without the lyrics, but I like it:) It shows that Fleetwood Mac has the ability to excel in many genres of music.

DownOnRodeo 11-09-2002 11:36 PM

Hey golddustchic. Is that a new CD?

golddustchic 11-09-2002 11:38 PM

I don't think so, the copyright is from 2000. But this is the first time I've ever seen it in a store.

joe 11-10-2002 10:12 AM

i bought this about 2 years ago when i was out in Denver...It's pretty interesting although i don't listen to it that much. If i remember correctly i liked "the chain" but all in all the strings get annoying after a while. However, i liked this better the "Patron Saints of Pop" that had covers of FM songs done by obscure artists and in obscure styles! Interesting though....I'm going to have to give the "Strings..." another listen...maybe today...i'll get back to ya!

Barbara 11-10-2002 12:24 PM

I bought it a couple of years ago and listened to it once or twice. It's a real testament to the FM musicians and their strong sense of melody that these songs can be played by a string quartet and sound even half way good! I'm going to get it out and listen to it again. Lindsey once said he liked to listen to classical music on Sunday morning - this is like like "Sunday morning Fleetwood Mac". :D
Barbara

DownOnRodeo 11-11-2002 12:19 AM

Sunday morning, I pop on Bach
Friday, I've got Wolfgang on my mind!

:laugh: :wavey: ;) :D

golddustchic 11-11-2002 12:47 AM

After listening to this a few times, I've decided that Dreams is my favorite one. I don't know, it just sounds soooo beautiful!! But The Chain is also very cool, and Gold Dust Woman of course(any version of this song is wonderful:))

But overall, I really like it. It's different, but very cool.

greatdarkwing 11-11-2002 04:11 PM

There is a cd out there which is elevator music of fleetwood mac...I think the artist is spectrum...Its a pretty good to just chill out and listen to it....Its called 'the music of fleetwood mac." Worth hunting down.

~Alex

seteca 11-11-2002 04:56 PM

I've never seen this in any UK stores...I saw it in FNAC in Paris back in April....I regret not buying it now!

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

sodascouts 11-11-2002 09:23 PM

I have it

Sometimes I'll put it in before going to bed because or when my non-Fleetwood-Macian parents are in the car ("Oh, Classical music! How nice that you listen to something else besides that Fleetwood Mac all the time!" lol) Some songs are more conducive to the strings than others. I don't really like their version of "Second Hand News" but I think they did a great job with "Oh Daddy" and the cello rocks on "Go Your Own Way." Hmm, "The cello rocks" - that's something you don't see every day! lol