The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   The meaning of In The Meantime (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=49471)

ironman_01701 01-05-2012 09:31 AM

The meaning of In The Meantime

It's been 7 years since Chris released her CD. She did not want to reveal the meaning of her Album name, can anyone guess what the meaning of "In The Meantime"?

My guess is: while something else is happening or until something else happens....:wavey: per the dictionary.

HejiraNYC 01-05-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironman_01701 (Post 1034339)
It's been 7 years since Chris released her CD. She did not want to reveal the meaning of her Album name, can anyone guess what the meaning of "In The Meantime"?

My guess is: while something else is happening or until something else happens....:wavey: per the dictionary.

I think it was intended to have double meaning... one, as a way of saying "here is what I've been up to while the others have been masquerading as Fleetwood Mac," and the other as a literal interpretation of "mean time" - as in, a time of being subjected to meanness. From the sound of things, she was burned pretty badly about something/someone, and she was not afraid to put air her grievances on this album.

On an unrelated topic, is anyone else intrigued about Robbie Patton's recent tweets regarding Stevie's mom? He said that he was staying with Christine in England. What could they possibly be up to??

TrueFaith77 01-05-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HejiraNYC (Post 1034343)
I think it was intended to have double meaning... one, as a way of saying "here is what I've been up to while the others have been masquerading as Fleetwood Mac," and the other as a literal interpretation of "mean time" - as in, a time of being subjected to meanness. From the sound of things, she was burned pretty badly about something/someone, and she was not afraid to put air her grievances on this album.

On an unrelated topic, is anyone else intrigued about Robbie Patton's recent tweets regarding Stevie's mom? He said that he was staying with Christine in England. What could they possibly be up to??

Drinking? :shrug:

michelej1 01-05-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HejiraNYC (Post 1034343)

Exciting, even if they're just reliving the Hold Me days. Nice tidbit.

Michele

ironman_01701 01-09-2012 03:55 PM

HejiraNYC

HejiraNYC, your right on!

Christine Perfect sang a song while in Chicken Shack - Mean Old World

Some of the Mean Old World Lyrics

"This is a mean old world, try livin' by yourself"
" Can't get the one your lovin' have to use somebody else"
(Mean Old World" is a blues song recorded by T-Bone Walker in 1942)

Chris had/has a sad love life, she been through two marraiges and was 60 years old
when she release the album with her nephew Dan Perfect playing his guitar. Her album "In The Meantime" has some major elements of the Mean Old World song.

Chris is a Blues singer at heart and being a white woman she does have soul in her voice.
I'm white and she's white, I though you have to be black to sing the blues, but she is an exception and gives it out in her voice.

BTW I'm her age and she is a near a perfect singer for the blues.

aleuzzi 01-09-2012 05:19 PM

Maybe they're writing new songs?

I wonder if Christine has contacted Stevie directly since the death of Barbara Nicks.

sywlindseyfan 01-11-2012 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1034986)
Maybe they're writing new songs?

I wonder if Christine has contacted Stevie directly since the death of Barbara Nicks.

I was thinking the same thing, I could only hope!

jbrownsjr 01-12-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sywlindseyfan (Post 1035252)
I was thinking the same thing, I could only hope!

You would think so..

chiliD 01-12-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironman_01701 (Post 1034981)
Some of the Mean Old World Lyrics

" Can't get the one your lovin' have to use somebody else"
(Mean Old World" is a blues song recorded by T-Bone Walker in 1942)

A slight detour for a sidenote:

Pretty much the definitive version of the song was recorded by Eric Clapton & Duane Allman during the Layla sessions. Just Slowhand & Skydog on Dobros, with Eric singing.

Now back to regularly scheduled programming.

ironman_01701 01-29-2012 11:27 AM

She acknowledge that the songs has some meanness to it

In 2004 Chris was interviewed about her "In The Meantime" Album. She acknowledge that the songs has some meanness to it. She describes her current songwriting (2004) as "tougher and not as soft as in the past". "More brash and less careful".

vivfox 01-29-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironman_01701 (Post 1034981)
I'm white and she's white, I though you have to be black to sing the blues?

Is this written in the rock and roll handbook?

PenguinHead 01-29-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironman_01701 (Post 1034339)

What is there to reveal? You pose the question as if she was hiding something, which was never the case. It seems pretty straight forward -- "I've quit Fleetwood Mac awhile ago, retreated to England and have been out of the limelight, and in the meantime these are some songs I made."

PenguinHead 01-29-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironman_01701 (Post 1038024)
In 2004 Chris was interviewed about her "In The Meantime" Album. She acknowledge that the songs has some meanness to it. She describes her current songwriting (2004) as "tougher and not as soft as in the past". "More brash and less careful".

Meantime and "Mean" (in terms of meanness) hold very different meanings.

michelej1 01-30-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinHead (Post 1038056)
What is there to reveal?

I guess more of a message than a revelation:

I had a boatload of songs and I could have given them to Fleetwood Mac and rescued their sorry album from the dregs of mediocrity, but they wouldn't play ball. So, I made my own solo record. I didn't retire. I just wanted nothing to do with you lot. Eat your heart out, boys.

Michele

ironman_01701 01-30-2012 08:02 AM

Chris tells Amy Scott about the songs

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinHead (Post 1038058)
Meantime and "Mean" (in terms of meanness) hold very different meanings.

Listen to Chris statement about her explanation of angry, skip to 3.20 minutes in the interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2Yqa...eature=related

Chris doesn't want to tell Amy the meaning of "In The Meantime" about 2.40 minutes during the interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgGVE_0jGok