The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Should Lindsey form his own supergroup? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57799)

Iamwilliame 04-17-2018 08:19 PM

Should Lindsey form his own supergroup?

I mentioned the idea of Lindsey collaborating more with other musicians now that he is free from FM. So who do you think Lindsey should form his own band with? My dream, for obvious reasons, is for him to work with Benmont Tench from the Heartbreakers. He could also add Nancy Wilson from Heart as a second guitarist since her band can't keep it's $%&# together these days either.What about Don Felder from the Eagles? Even better, Sheryl Crow as a second singer/songwriter.

Dr.Brown 04-17-2018 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iamwilliame (Post 1223595)
Benmont Tench from the Heartbreakers

I'm sure he'll be steering clear of any Heartbreakers.

Quote:

Nancy Wilson from Heart

Also sure he'd steer clear of any drama from Heart.

Quote:

Don Felder from the Eagles

Erm, don't think he'd work with yet another member of a band stuck on the Greatest Hits tour circuit.

Quote:

Even better, Sheryl Crow as a second singer/songwriter.

:eek::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

iamnotafraid 04-17-2018 11:38 PM

If wishes were fishes...

MARK KNOPFLER

That would be awesome.
Two guitar greats.

Album Title - No Picks Allowed

Fannymac 04-18-2018 12:16 AM

1) First off, he doesn't need the drama or headache of another group....let him just concentrate on his solo stuff.

2) I don't think Benmont would do that to Stevie....he's very much a stand up guy.

3) Nancy already has a new band....Roadcase Royale.

4) Don Felder....no real thoughts or feelings one way or the other.

5) Sheryl?!? SERIOUSLY??? See #2 above....and magnify it tenfold!!!

Truth be told, I've always wanted to see him do something more with Kim Carnes after their duet on her "Barking At Airplanes" album.

I would also KILL to see him produce the next HAIM album!

Peestie 04-18-2018 05:39 AM

Nope, just keep working away in his home studio and bring Brett, Neal and Walfredo in every now and again if he needs a live "band" feel for a song.

sodascouts 04-18-2018 05:41 AM

Don Felder isn't much of a songwriter ("Hotel California", "Those Shoes", and "Victim of Love" excepted), his vocals are very run-of-the-mill, and Lindsey outpaces him on guitar IMHO. They do share a common dislike of Don Henley. Don Felder also feels he was unfairly fired, although he contributed far less to the Eagles than LB has to Fleetwood Mac.

Still, I don't think a collaboration would produce much. I guess if Lindsey needed another guitarist for his supergroup, Felder would do. Just make sure he gets his "fair share" and be prepared for him to want to renegotiate later, lawyered up if things don't go his way!

TrueFaith77 04-18-2018 07:03 AM

Fact is, Lindsey doesn't need a band but I do think he needs collaboration because it is part of his talents and his talents should not be wasted.

I have a dream band for Lindsey to form:

Lindsey Buckingham - lead guitar/vocalist/songwriter
Iris DeMent - piano/vocalist/songwriter
Florrie - drums/vocalist/songwriter
Peter Hook - bass

elle 04-18-2018 07:01 PM

i'd love to read Gerald's choices here.

i have a few of my own too, but will just sit back and read what others think first.

he needs to go alternative is all i'll say. just look at the bands that played his songs at the Musicares as a start!

Neko Case.

i know he wanted to work with Jenny Lewis but she's too mellow for my taste.

wondergirl9847 04-18-2018 07:09 PM

No supergroup for me, thanks. LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1223695)
Neko Case.

YESSSSS!!!!!! :blob2::blob1: I would love to hear that collab!!

I'd just prefer another OMS even though I love Brett, Neale, etc. I'm sure he'd prefer the boys to be there, but I love acoustic very much.