The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fake Fur? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=9499)

MACFAN 04-19-2003 08:16 AM

Fake Fur?

I usually just accept everything she does whether it's clothing, hair styles, song choices etc. She can do no wrong in my eyes. But I cannot seem to get passed the fur coat. So please someone who was there confirm it was fake. Being a vegan and semi animal rights activist (meaning I dont go throwing paint on people wearing furs) I was dissapointed.

Anyone who knows me will tell you I definately ADORE her. I've actually gotten into arguments with people who knock her I just thought she was more sensitive. Would she make a hat from one her dogs fur/hair? Same thing. Whether an animal is a pet or not it's still a living, breathing creature. Those minks suffer inexcusably to lose their skin. Im just hurt by her wearing fur.

Phil 04-19-2003 08:33 AM

Stevie's coat was most definitely fake so worry no longer!

CarneVaca 04-19-2003 02:12 PM

Oh, I just asked the same question on a different thread. I too am hoping it was fake fur. It might have been a good idea to just wear something else and not trigger the questions.

MACFAN 04-19-2003 02:48 PM

Thanks Phil and not to dwell but how can u tell......ooh that rhymes..... Also

It's just that my mother has 2 fur coats she no longer wears because I told her, I will not go out in public with her if she wears one of those things. I guess she kinda saw the light

pwyll 04-19-2003 02:57 PM

I felt the fur yesterday and believe me, it was real.

FiercestCalmSea 04-19-2003 03:07 PM

Yea,she's all about the fur coats right...since a long time ago.I'm not big on fur,but,honestly,if Stevie Nicks wants to wear a real fur coat,I am not going to lose sleep over it:)

WindingRoad 04-19-2003 03:21 PM

I agree...there are older pictures of Stevie wearing fur.

And I really doubt that Stevie would have "fake" anything. Remember her saying that she knew "when she was a child" that shopping at JC Penny was not for her. lol

She responded to a fan question about jewelry saying that she didn't know what piece the fan was asking about, she had lots of "fake jewelry".

I bet her "fake" stuff cost more than any of my real stuff! :D

susieq

tommer 04-19-2003 03:23 PM

i'll bet she skinned the little fluffy chinchilas herself !!!:]

FiercestCalmSea 04-19-2003 03:33 PM

Quote:

i'll bet she skinned the little fluffy chinchilas herself !

LMAO,you always know just what to say Tommer :)

Gazza 04-19-2003 03:43 PM

Can't say I have a problem with people wearing real fur.

Fake fur is so cheap! :)

nae 04-19-2003 04:39 PM

maybe it's one of her old ones she bought a long time ago?

N.

MACFAN 04-19-2003 04:40 PM

It's just that with all these celebrities coming out about fur and some of them are boobheads, I would feel Stevie (being far superior to them), would think they made some sense.

Believe me I spent an hour chatting with her in a hotel bar in 1996 and she was so grounded and real, I dunno, I was a little dissapointed, but that does not diminish how I feel about her or her music.

nae 04-19-2003 04:44 PM

An hour chatting? About what? Please, do tell!

Nae

wondergirl9847 04-19-2003 04:48 PM

THREAD IDEA!! LOL

That's something to discuss...whether you would stop liking FM/Stevie/Lindsey if they did something you DID NOT agree with? Hmm....interesting. ;)

bootylicous 04-19-2003 06:01 PM

I don't really care about the fur issue personally, but I think fur, fake or real, is just really not cool, I mean, I thought that became politically incorrect and tacky in the 80's?! What's next, is Stevie gonna put a confederate flag on her next album (or charge WAY too much money for her concerts?! :mad: ). Not horrible, but way TACKY.

Evan