The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   "I love you Stevie" Songs? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58505)

singertobe 01-11-2019 12:06 AM

"I love you Stevie" Songs?

Sort of a sequel to my question about Christine and John. We know Save Me A Place was an "I love you, Carol Ann" song and It Was You is an "I love you, Kristen" song. Go Your Own Way is about his breakup with Stevie, most of the songs on Go Insane were about his breakup with Carol Ann, and Stevie wrote Without You and Crystal as "I Love You, Lindsey" songs. But surely in the time they were together, Lindsey must've written something for Stevie right? RIGHT?:shrug:

Netter75 01-11-2019 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by singertobe (Post 1247486)
Sort of a sequel to my question about Christine and John. We know Save Me A Place was an "I love you, Carol Ann" song and It Was You is an "I love you, Kristen" song. Go Your Own Way is about his breakup with Stevie, most of the songs on Go Insane were about his breakup with Carol Ann, and Stevie wrote Without You and Crystal as "I Love You, Lindsey" songs. But surely in the time they were together, Lindsey must've written something for Stevie right? RIGHT?:shrug:

Never thought about this. He doesn't have many song about her written in a good way. There's "Frozen Love", though I'm not sure how much of that he wrote versus Stevie (it's credited to both). The only thing that comes close is "Stephanie", which is obviously named after her and a very pretty song... even though its an instrumental :lol:

elle 01-11-2019 08:00 AM

a good number of loving (as a i care for you) songs for her in his later opus - It Takes Time of the recent ones and Say Goodbye come to mind. also Sad Angel really is loving.

i know people say Go Your Own Way or Second Hand News are kiss off, but they are actually loving kiss offs(or i still wanna have sex at least in case of SHN lol) - if i could i'd give you my world, but you wouldn't take it from me - that is love.

ryan4136 01-11-2019 11:02 AM

I assume you aren't counting Stephanie given it doesn't have lyrics.

I'd like to agree with the above post which said, many of his songs for Stevie are, I still love you if you'd just love me, type of songs. While the common belief is that Go Insane is about Carol Ann, I personally think it's him talking just as much to Stevie, saying I'm going through all of this because I don't have you, I'd rather be with you.

onlynow 01-11-2019 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1247494)
a good number of loving (as a i care for you) songs for her in his later opus - It Takes Time of the recent ones and Say Goodbye come to mind. also Sad Angel really is loving.

I googled It Takes Time and found two different sets of lyrics! Are there two songs by that name? I thought the one that talked about her saving him was about Kristen? Hmm...

Storms123 01-11-2019 12:34 PM

I may be wrong but didn’t Mick say all 3 songs LB contributed to the EP were written for Stevie?

LB Freakazoid 01-11-2019 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan4136 (Post 1247495)
I assume you aren't counting Stephanie given it doesn't have lyrics.

I'd like to agree with the above post which said, many of his songs for Stevie are, I still love you if you'd just love me, type of songs. While the common belief is that Go Insane is about Carol Ann, I personally think it's him talking just as much to Stevie, saying I'm going through all of this because I don't have you, I'd rather be with you.

I remember LB saying in an interview that when he wrote 'Stephanie' he didn't have a name for it, so SN herself said, "why don't you name it Stephanie?", and he was like, "ok".

onlynow 01-11-2019 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1247498)
I may be wrong but didn’t Mick say all 3 songs LB contributed to the EP were written for Stevie?

I do think that’s true now. It is an intense song, too.
So this is the link w the weird lyrics. Do u know where they come from?

https://www.google.com/search?client...4GADz9VRaNAAAA

cbBen 01-11-2019 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LB Freakazoid (Post 1247501)
I remember LB saying in an interview that when he wrote 'Stephanie' he didn't have a name for it, so SN herself said, "why don't you name it Stephanie?", and he was like, "ok".

If that isn't true love, nothing is.

elle 01-11-2019 11:06 PM

Quote:

I assume you aren't counting Stephanie given it doesn't have lyrics..

not counting it because that song was not written for or about Stevie. he said that he didn't have a title for it, so she said to title it Stephanie, and he said ok.

Quote:

yes - his songs about Stevie from the period early after their breakup seem to be about how much love he has for her, but that she doesn't want that love anymore. Stevie's songs about Lindsey from that period are more scolding him for not appreciating her enough than any love she may had for him (you will know what you lost). even songs from later period - like Thrown Down, don't express her love but want him to prove that he will now be good for her. she seems to crave appreciation from him.

for Go Insane he did answer a tweet recently and said it was about Stevie, too. and most interpretations say it's about both Carol and Stevie, because "she's a lot like you" obviously refers to two different women.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1247498)

i don't know whether Mick said it, but Lindsey certainly did. i guess in It Takes Times especially, maybe trying to give her that appreciation she seemed to have been continually craving from him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LB Freakazoid (Post 1247501)

yup.

Quote:

Originally Posted by onlynow (Post 1247502)
I do think that’s true now. It is an intense song, too.
So this is the link w the weird lyrics. Do u know where they come from?

https://www.google.com/search?client...4GADz9VRaNAAAA

yeah i googled it after you pointed that out - no idea where that song came from. it's listed as LB / FM song too. anyone else here knows?
the song i was referring too was It Takes Time from FM Extended Play, 2013, and definitely not that one at this link.

onlynow 01-11-2019 11:35 PM

https://www.discogs.com/Peter-Green-...elease/4985009

The link above shows an old FM album with performance of It Takes Time by Brunning Sunflower Blues Band. If u google that band, u can read more. So that first google link seems incorrect and misleading.

I’ve enjoyed listening to Extended Play today since this topic arose. 😀

bombaysaffires 01-13-2019 01:24 AM

the 3 songs on the EP were written by him to appeal to her and remind her of their connection. I got to talk with him briefly about the EP at one of his shows. He said point blank those were written to try and entice her into the studio, and he mentioned Miss Fantasy in particular. I told him It Takes Time was beautiful as well.

onlynow 01-13-2019 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1247547)
the 3 songs on the EP were written by him to appeal to her and remind her of their connection. I got to talk with him briefly about the EP at one of his shows. He said point blank those were written to try and entice her into the studio, and he mentioned Miss Fantasy in particular. I told him It Takes Time was beautiful as well.

Nice conversation, thanks for sharing!

button-lip 01-13-2019 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1247547)

I remember you telling us this after the show, while eating free popcorn! :D

He was chatty that day, right? It was a long M&G line but he was willing to talk to all of us, about anything you wanted to know. I think it was my most talkative M&G. :D We were lucky. :nod:

Angel75 01-30-2019 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by singertobe (Post 1247486)

In the Tusk remaster linear notes LB says Save me a place was written more about Stevie not CAH