The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Some DVDs available for download.. (torrent files) (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=16383)

HomerMcvie 12-11-2004 12:11 PM

My cd burner died the death this week, so I've ordered a dvd burner for the old puter. I have all the files downloaded, I've just not been able to convert them to Mpegs. I "think" this will be easier with a dvd burner, right? :cool:

estranged4life 12-11-2004 01:25 PM

Hey Neil...

Quote:

Originally Posted by nodmod
Stevie DVD added "US Festival" 1983

Stevie Nicks Live at the US Festival
Glen Helen Park, San Bernadino, CA
May 30, 1983
The Wild Heart Tour
Pro Shot for Cable TV

DVD-R > Analog Video Tape
Audio > AC3 > Analog Stereo

This dvd was authored from Pro Shot video tape transfer.
Good quality picture for the day and age of this show.
Stevie Nicks on her 2nd solo tour is silly, sweet, and
awestruck at the enormity of the crowd on hand for this event.
Stevie at the peak of her solo career. A must see for all SN fans.

Is this the upgraded version? I know there's a newer circulating version (Along with the Cal Jam) and wanted to know if this was it (The newer version has great audio/picture quality compared to the older version, Which was at best a "B" grade overall.)

Brian j.

face of glass 12-11-2004 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nodmod
Stevie DVD added "US Festival" 1983

Thank you for another great surprise Neil. :)

ryan8472 12-11-2004 01:55 PM

I wish they would just release the US Festivals on DVD, like Live Aid. That'd be awesome.

takenbythesky 12-11-2004 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan8472
I wish they would just release the US Festivals on DVD, like Live Aid. That'd be awesome.

:nod: I know...I plan to start trading for Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks CD and DVD boots later this month. It's great because it's inexpensive and the trading people seem really nice, but I'd love for the shows to be available to a wider audience.
-Justin

estranged4life 12-11-2004 02:21 PM

Kinda interesting...

Quote:

that some of the US Festival performances are on DVD, But just bootlegged version:

Stevie Nicks

U2

The Day of Heavy Metal (Scorpions, Van Halen, Motley Crue, Triumph and others)

I'm sure, In the near distant future there will be a DVD commerating the US Festival...As someone famous once sung, "I Cant Wait"!!!

Brian "C.F.H.4ever" j.

ryan8472 12-11-2004 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by estranged4life
that some of the US Festival performances are on DVD, But just bootlegged version:

Stevie Nicks

U2

The Day of Heavy Metal (Scorpions, Van Halen, Motley Crue, Triumph and others)

I'm sure, In the near distant future there will be a DVD commerating the US Festival...As someone famous once sung, "I Cant Wait"!!!

Brian "C.F.H.4ever" j.

I think Triumph's performance was officially released (by Triumph), was it not?

Besides the DVD's available, is there a bootleg CD version of the ENTIRE festival? I know all of it was recorded and taped.

estranged4life 12-11-2004 02:34 PM

Yes...

Quote:

I think Triumph's performance was officially released (by Triumph), was it not?

Besides the DVD's available, is there a bootleg CD version of the ENTIRE festival? I know all of it was recorded and taped.

the Triumph at the US Festival was officially released earlier this year.

I dont know of a bootleg version of the complete US Festival, But I guess I could check around :thumbsup:

Brian j.

estranged4life 12-11-2004 02:40 PM

Well...

I found a 3 disc FM broadcast of the "Day of Metal" (On etree.org) which consists of the following acts:

Quiet Riot
Motley Crue
Ozzy Osbourne
Judas Priest
Triumph
Scorpions
Van Halen

http://db.etree.org/lookup_show.php?shows_key=205738

I will keep checking for the rest of the US Festival

Brian "CFH4ever" j.

face of glass 12-11-2004 02:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by estranged4life
Is this the upgraded version? I know there's a newer circulating version (Along with the Cal Jam) and wanted to know if this was it (The newer version has great audio/picture quality compared to the older version, Which was at best a "B" grade overall.)

Here's a screenshot, you can probably tell which version it is from this.

ryan8472 12-11-2004 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by face of glass

Did you notice during Stand Back, how she wasn't wearing the black and gold shawl? What's up with that?

David 12-11-2004 03:02 PM

Quote:

Did you notice during Stand Back, how she wasn't wearing the black and gold shawl? What's up with that?

That cape was just about to come out of retirement, but hadn't yet. It was her "Sisters of the Moon" costume when the Tusk tour ended.

David 12-11-2004 03:07 PM

Quote:

It's hard to tell whether that's a real upgrade or not.

Also, "Stand Back," "Outside the Rain" & "Stop Dragging My Heart Around" were all broadcast on Showtime, so screenshots from that broadcast are going to look a lot better obviously.

What I want to know -- & what Neil won't tell me ;) -- is where that upgrade of the Landover 7-07-83 video came from. That's a major, serious upgrade, a real find!

There's a great Cal Jam 2 on WMA going around (along with a lot of crappy ones) because Brian @ MSN still had his videotape of a rerun of it on TV, & he transferred it. I don't think he got the post-performance interview, though.

estranged4life 12-11-2004 05:52 PM

Thanks...

Quote:

It definitely looked clearer...So the copy I have coming in may be the upgraded version afterall.

Brian j.

nodmod 12-12-2004 06:04 AM

The copy I have on DVD looks like the screen captures contained on the below link:
- http://www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com/cgi-b...num=1063470259

I cannot for the life on me remember where this DVD originated from or for that matter the Landover '83 show, but I think they came from regular FM traders, I presume that this comp is the one David is referrung to:

Stevie Nicks - Live Collection DVD-R (A)
Stevie live in Landover 1983 (Gold Dust Woman, Outside The Rain, Dreams, I Need To Know, Sara, If Anyone Falls, Leather and Lace, Standback, Beauty and the Beast, Gypsy), Stevie & Sheryl Crow - Gold Dust Woman live from Central Park in 1999, Storytellers from 1998 (Dreams, Landslide, Standback, Rhiannon, After The Glitter Fades, Edge Of Seventeen, Has Anyone Ever Written)
Quality Notes: Interactive Menu, The Landover Show is pro shot, picture signal superb, sound quality superb, NTSC Picture Signal

http://www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com/image...ndover83_1.jpg

http://www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com/image...ndover83_2.jpg