The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   "Lindsey Buckingham" on Saturday Night Live (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=41910)

Farrah 10-18-2009 04:06 PM

The only really funny part of this skit was Jason Sudeikis dancing in a track suit, I thought. ;)

But, hey, at least the outfit, including the necklace, was spot-on. :lol:

Lala 10-18-2009 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vermicious knid (Post 848146)
You're not missing much. He has no speaking part. The joke is that the host keeps interrupting the show by singing some soul song, so there's no time to talk to him. At the end, the host says, "Lindsey, you've been here like twelve times and haven't said anything. What's up with that?"

http://i35.tinypic.com/zy80wm.jpg
http://i34.tinypic.com/35iyu5y.jpg

Haha...even his pose is spot on. Just forget about the face and hair.

golddustdrummer 10-18-2009 07:36 PM

wow. that was hard to watch.
I remember when SNL used to be funny.

Nico 10-18-2009 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golddustdrummer (Post 848329)

It's a ridiculously irrelevant mess now, but I remember how great old-school SNL was...*sigh* I just wasn't cut out for this new generation I think. lol! I sound like a cantankerous old lady the way I complain about network television these days. I HATE reality TV shows and all these people on there with their 15 kids shoving them down my throat, and in my opinion there is no MTV. It's a joke what's happened to that channel.

People complain about the 80s, but so much greatness came from that era that was destroyed by all the newness of the late-90s to now. I truly believe that.

Anyway, this skit was really dumb but if I have to sit through that to feel good about someone as credible as Lindsey Buckingham being portrayed, I'll do it. The dude looks more like Nicholas Cage but atleast he's lanky, has the clothes, and the sitting-down position. Not like it's too complex, but Lindsey's a bit of an adonis and we all have to admit he can't be imitated well.

michelej1 10-18-2009 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nico (Post 848333)

Anyway, this skit was really dumb but if I have to sit through that to feel good about someone as credible as Lindsey Buckingham being portrayed, I'll do it. The dude looks more like Nicholas Cage but atleast he's lanky, has the clothes, and the sitting-down position. Not like it's too complex, but Lindsey's a bit of an adonis and we all have to admit he can't be imitated well.

He should have done that little prayer thing Lindsey does with his hands, when the host addressed him.

Michele

golddustdrummer 10-18-2009 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 848352)
He should have done that little prayer thing Lindsey does with his hands, when the host addressed him.

Michele

at least that would've gotten a little smile out of me. that was just painful to watch. I couldn't stand Keenan on All That (tell me someone here remembers that show!) and I can't stand him now. He does the same voice for every character he plays. I thought SNL would get better with Jenny Slate because I've talked with her before and she is funny as hell! too bad she has a potty mouth.

WelshWitchPMD 10-18-2009 09:15 PM

When I did get to watch that video he does look kind of like Lindsey from far away. LOL Thanks for posting the link I added it on my Facebook page.

WildHeart69 10-18-2009 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golddustdrummer (Post 848329)

Yeah, I agree... I had just gotten home from drinking for the last 5 hours before I saw this last night and I still didnt find it even mildly entertaining... I actually was more disappointed that there was no LB interaction. I think they were just trying to get a completely random/obscure group of "panelists", and in that respect they were successful.

michelej1 10-19-2009 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildHeart69 (Post 848407)
Yeah, I agree... I had just gotten home from drinking for the last 5 hours before I saw this last night and I still didnt find it even mildly entertaining... I actually was more disappointed that there was no LB interaction. I think they were just trying to get a completely random/obscure group of "panelists", and in that respect they were successful.

To be sure, the fact that "Lindsey" was there 12 times and had never once spoken doesn't say much about him being a valued guest in their eyes. So, it was kind of insulting, but hey, someone besides us knows about Lindsey's clothing habits! Good to know.

Michele

WelshWitchPMD 10-19-2009 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 848418)
To be sure, the fact that "Lindsey" was there 12 times and had never once spoken doesn't say much about him being a valued guest in their eyes. So, it was kind of insulting, but hey, someone besides us knows about Lindsey's clothing habits! Good to know.

Michele

Maybe it means that he will be back again. I like the end where he danced. Maybe that is why LB kept returning as a guest.

Spikey 10-20-2009 08:23 PM

Stupider than I thought it'd be, but hey, it's LB. Sort of. Almost. Well, not really.

... Anyway, back to listening to 'Tusk' bootlegs for me.

- Spike

gretchen 10-21-2009 01:21 PM

I'm sorry but I LMFAO! ...Biological Treasures.... :lol:

But, that rendition of Linds sucked. Get a guy with blue eyes and nix the fiberglass insulation hairpiece!!!!

bucklind17 11-22-2009 12:07 AM

There's a new SNL on tonight and this sketch is back, with "Lindsey" again. Maybe he will talk this time? Thinking no. He's in the same seat. ;)

WildHeart69 11-22-2009 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD (Post 848489)
Maybe it means that he will be back again. I like the end where he danced. Maybe that is why LB kept returning as a guest.

You can predict the future! ha!

The other guests are the REAL Al Gore and the REAL Mindy Kahling sp? from the Office.

bucklind17 11-22-2009 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildHeart69 (Post 855646)
You can predict the future! ha!

The other guests are the REAL Al Gore and the REAL Mindy Kahling sp? from the Office.

I didn't even notice that because I was like "RED SHIRT BLACK JACKET!" How hilarious would it be if they get real Lindsey some week.

"You ain't mad at me, are ya Lindsey?"