The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   More venues being added (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58019)

ryan4136 07-23-2018 12:15 PM

More venues being added

Selling well enough to extend and fill in gaps in the tour. Those wanting this to be a disaster (myself probably included) need to come to the realization that this obviously never was going to be.

HomerMcvie 07-23-2018 12:28 PM

Ah, good! More places that I won't be seeing them!:D

ryan4136 07-23-2018 12:45 PM

Me neither. But maybe the childish banter can chill. Not gonna be a financial flop.

BigAl84 07-23-2018 12:50 PM

Yeah, sounds like they added some smaller 10K seaters to make up what they lost on some of these larger venues that tanked.

HomerMcvie 07-23-2018 01:04 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan4136 (Post 1232920)
Me neither. But maybe the childish banter can chill. Not gonna be a financial flop.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

button-lip 07-23-2018 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan4136 (Post 1232920)

I don't keep track of the dates and venues. What cities did they add?

Yeah, like I said, they're not aware of the backlash or they don't care. :shrug:

This is what you get when you fire your musical director: more work. :p:p:p They got what they deserve.

Feather Blade 07-23-2018 01:47 PM

Oh good! Perhaps a venue closer to me that won't involve as much travel. My game of patience on waiting to make my ticket purchase may well pay off. :thumbsup:

onlynow 07-23-2018 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan4136 (Post 1232918)
Selling well enough to extend and fill in gaps in the tour. Those wanting this to be a disaster (myself probably included) need to come to the realization that this obviously never was going to be.

I don't see an extension and only see two new dates in SD and MI. Is that it?

Nathan 07-23-2018 08:23 PM

Cool! Nice to see some smaller venues on the schedule.

secondhandchain 07-24-2018 12:10 AM

smaller venues....:]:nod::nod::nod::nod: BWAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

bwboy 07-24-2018 05:31 AM

I was going to make a childish remark, such as "FM Will be playing smaller venues? As small as the ones Lindsey and Christine played?" But I decided not to. :lol:

button-lip 07-24-2018 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1232951)

Let’s see how the goat’s ego and pride can deal with that. Her yes people will have a hard time explaining to her that small venues are where talented people who don’t mind big and empty headed crowds usually play. She will have a hard time understanding because she doesn’t know what being talented is. :D

jbrownsjr 07-24-2018 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1232957)
I was going to make a childish remark, such as "FM Will be playing smaller venues? As small as the ones Lindsey and Christine played?" But I decided not to. :lol:

Why would that be childish? I like smaller venues. It's usually only $tevie and her fans that care about sales and big venues.

The BuckVie show I saw at the Greek ~ 6,000 people sold out was really amazing to see. One of the best nights of my concert going life.

I saw Christine's return for 3 of the 6 sold out shows and was much farther back. It wasn't as intimate. :mad:

HomerMcvie 07-24-2018 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1232959)
Let’s see how the goat’s ego and pride can deal with that. Her yes people will have a hard time explaining to her that small venues are where talented people who doesn’t mind big and empty headed crowds usually play. She will have a hard time understanding because she doesn’t know what being talented is. :D

god, I couldn't like you any more!!!!:wavey::xoxo::wavey::xoxo::wavey:

jbrownsjr 07-24-2018 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1232967)

I'm starting to get jealous.

HomerMcvie 07-24-2018 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1232968)

The three of us should get a room together. :lol:

jbrownsjr 07-24-2018 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1232970)

the would be the true Rooms On Fire scene

HomerMcvie 07-24-2018 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1232971)
the would be the true Rooms On Fire scene

Are your walls flaming?

jbrownsjr 07-24-2018 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1232972)
Are your walls flaming?

You know it's an illusion
There is no fire burning just a soul crying

button-lip 07-24-2018 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1232967)

:xoxo::xoxo:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1232968)

Don't be. I'm just a minion. A very well trained minion. :nod:

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1232970)

That would be epic.... :angel:

StreetAngel86 07-25-2018 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1232951)

what next, they're gonna be headlining PUBS??

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nathan 08-01-2018 01:29 AM

Nice to see some smaller markets on the schedule.

Negative hater whiny babies I’m sure will say otherwise though.

dontlookdown 08-12-2018 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1232959)
Let’s see how the goat’s ego and pride can deal with that. Her yes people will have a hard time explaining to her that small venues are where talented people who don’t mind big and empty headed crowds usually play. She will have a hard time understanding because she doesn’t know what being talented is. :D

Gross. If anyone can share some fan sites where the maturity level is a little higher, send some links to those of us who are here for the music and not the creepy celebrity obsessing, filling in a narrative that may not be true, speculation, etc.

If anyone thought this was going to be a financial disaster, dream on. Mike Campbell is a bulletproof solution. I'm sad that Lindsey isn't touring with the band; but I also would never want to pay for a concert that consists of people who don't want to play together. I've done that, and it makes for a really boring, uninspired tour.

Reminders for people on this board who are stuck in 1997:
None of the band members need the $$$.
They love touring.

That's the only reason this is happening. Not because of you or me -- but because this is how they want to spend their time. Not for us, not for record companies, not for bank accounts, etc.
So they may as well be happy and as tension free as they can be.

Sad for how it all played out, but it is what it is.

You never have to twist my arm to go hear Mike Campbell play. I don't care who he's sharing the stage with. And I feel the same way about Lindsey.

AncientQueen 08-12-2018 05:12 PM

^^^I disagree. They tour because they probably had already booked venues when the Lindsey situation arised and they couldn't back out. And because Mick needs the money. Mick always needs the money. And Mike Campbell may be a bulletproof solution in the US, but maybe he is not, not every Fleetwood Mac fan likes the Heartbreakers.
In Europe he is just "who?".

gldstwmn 08-12-2018 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontlookdown (Post 1233874)
Gross. If anyone can share some fan sites where the maturity level is a little higher, send some links to those of us who are here for the music and not the creepy celebrity obsessing, filling in a narrative that may not be true, speculation, etc.

If anyone thought this was going to be a financial disaster, dream on. Mike Campbell is a bulletproof solution. I'm sad that Lindsey isn't touring with the band; but I also would never want to pay for a concert that consists of people who don't want to play together. I've done that, and it makes for a really boring, uninspired tour.

You never have to twist my arm to go hear Mike Campbell play. I don't care who he's sharing the stage with. And I feel the same way about Lindsey.

For a new band they sure are keeping a low profile. I wish they'd give us something else to talk about. How are rehearsals going? What songs have
they been playing? Mick has a real social media presence. I wish he'd post a clip or even give an update.

gldstwmn 08-12-2018 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AncientQueen (Post 1233876)
^^^I disagree. They tour because they probably had already booked venues when the Lindsey situation arised and they couldn't back out. And because Mick needs the money. Mick always needs the money. And Mike Campbell may be a bulletproof solution in the US, but maybe he is not, not every Fleetwood Mac fan likes the Heartbreakers.
In Europe he is just "who?".

That's where Neil Finn comes into play. I'm going to wager that they'll be one of the top tours again.

BigAl84 08-12-2018 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 1233880)
For a new band they sure are keeping a low profile. I wish they'd give us something else to talk about. How are rehearsals going? What songs have
they been playing? Mick has a real social media presence. I wish he'd post a clip or even give an update.

via GIPHY

New band....

It's called marketing. They are keeping a low profile so casual folks don't know Lindsey is MIA. Taking as much ticket money as possible before the cat is out of the bag.

gldstwmn 08-12-2018 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1233885)

via GIPHY

New band....

Mick Fleetwood's Zoo?

BigAl84 08-12-2018 08:54 PM

No, a bunch of monkeys with a microphone would actually sound better.:laugh:

HomerMcvie 08-12-2018 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1233885)

via GIPHY

New band....

It's called marketing. They are keeping a low profile so casual folks don't know Lindsey is MIA. Taking as much ticket money as possible before the cat is out of the bag.

Exactly. They're staying hidden so that people won't know that it's a karaoke band now.

secondhandchain 08-12-2018 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1233891)
Exactly. They're staying hidden so that people won't know that it's a karaoke band now.

I keep seeing that penguin logo on FB though. Interestingly enough NO Pics of the current band. Mi$k the sheister. Can you only imagine the amount of PISSED off people there are going to be when they show up to that show and find out they have been duped?

button-lip 08-12-2018 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1233892)
I keep seeing that penguin logo on FB though. Interestingly enough NO Pics of the current band. Mi$k the sheister. Can you only imagine the amount of PISSED off people there are going to be when they show up to that show and find out they have been duped?

If they were so unhappy with Lindsey and they're so happy now, why there isn't any promotional pics of the happy band on the official site? Those two penguins...! :laugh::laugh:

I seriously doubt Lindsey was the promotional pics freak... :shocked::shocked:

HomerMcvie 08-12-2018 11:22 PM

Quote:

Mick is a real piece of SH*T. I've never been more serious. A f*cking scumbag. I wouldn't trust him with 2 bucks.

gldstwmn 08-12-2018 11:27 PM

Quote:

Oh okay. That's going to be the new meme is it? The tickets are selling but the only reason people bought them is because they didn't know what they were getting? :laugh: Somehow I think the only disappointed ones are going to be the choir on this forum that is wishing so hard for this to fail. :o

HomerMcvie 08-12-2018 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 1233896)
Oh okay. That's going to be the new meme is it? The tickets are selling but the only reason people bought them is because they didn't know what they were getting? :laugh: Somehow I think the only disappointed ones are going to be the choir on this forum that is wishing so hard for this to fail. :o

Do you have a pitch pipe we could borrow?

secondhandchain 08-13-2018 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 1233896)

Yeah well I have heard personally of people who bought tickets NOT knowing that LB left. Let's face it, we know about this because of this board. Most people have no idea LB was fired because it's not that big a story. My brother had no idea he was fired.

sasja 08-13-2018 01:00 AM

If it is indeed true that people don't know what they are buying, then, in a sense, it'll be even more interesting-- people going to see FM and no Lindsey! How will they react?

I am fully admitting to the guilty pleasure of looking forward to shocked and dismayed tour date reports :)

AncientQueen 08-13-2018 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 1233881)
That's where Neil Finn comes into play. I'm going to wager that they'll be one of the top tours again.

Who?
I don't know him and nobody I know knows him.

button-lip 08-13-2018 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1233899)
Yeah well I have heard personally of people who bought tickets NOT knowing that LB left. Let's face it, we know about this because of this board. Most people have no idea LB was fired because it's not that big a story. My brother had no idea he was fired.

I could post many pics of people on Twitter who are saying they didn’t know Lindsey was “gone”. And you have to believe them because they truly think it was his choice.

Those casual fans that are most of the time of the concert sleeping or drinking beer and wake up for GYOW, those are the ones that have no idea.

jbrownsjr 08-13-2018 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1233897)
Do you have a pitch pipe we could borrow?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: