The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   What Would You Most Like To See From Christine Next? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58340)

aleuzzi 02-25-2019 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1248150)
How about if Christine illustrates Stevie's Rhiannon picture book? It's a marketing department's dream!

Haha! Yes—but surely Stevie would insist on using the drawings of unicorns and fairies her notebooks.

jbrownsjr 02-26-2019 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1249539)
Haha! Yes—but surely Stevie would insist on using the drawings of unicorns and fairies her notebooks.

Or, talk about how she told Christine how to draw it.

aleuzzi 02-27-2019 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1249581)
Or, talk about how she told Christine how to draw it.

After she recommended Christine get a physical trainer ;)

jbrownsjr 02-28-2019 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1249639)
After she recommended Christine get a physical trainer ;)

And talk about how she will show Christine how to tour again.

aleuzzi 03-06-2019 08:59 AM

I wonder if Christine will ever give us more solo music. I’d love to see one more album of self-penned songs, preferrably the same kind of popified blues we sometimes got on ITM. More Anything is Possible, Friend, Forgiveness, and Bad Journey.

jbrownsjr 03-06-2019 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1249913)
I wonder if Christine will ever give us more solo music. I’d love to see one more album of self-penned songs, preferrably the same kind of popified blues we sometimes got on ITM. More Anything is Possible, Friend, Forgiveness, and Bad Journey.

She needs to stand on her own one last time.

She seems to really shine on her solo projects.

Perfect, McVie In The Meantime, and BuckVie were all great albums.

Please just one more. I know we asked you to come back so many times. But yeah, one more!!

aleuzzi 03-06-2019 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1249916)
She needs to stand on her own one last time.

She seems to really shine on her solo projects.

Perfect, McVie In The Meantime, and BuckVie were all great albums.

Please just one more. I know we asked you to come back so many times. But yeah, one more!!

BuckVie 2 would be great but I'd prefer her to do it all on her own...

jbrownsjr 03-06-2019 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1249921)
BuckVie 2 would be great but I'd prefer her to do it all on her own...

Same here. :)

secret love 03-12-2019 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1249933)
Same here. :)

BuckVie is more like Fleetwood Mac than Say You Will, so it is not a duet album or a 50% solo album, it is a Fleetwood Mac Quartet album, just like Say You Will is. Wikipedia did you know credits Stevie Nicks for keyboards duties (shared with Lindsey) on the Say You Will album... and she also played piano on New Orleans. People who say she can't play piano need their heads read.

I also want In the Meantime...Revisited.
A sophomore ITM. A true solo album in the same vein as the original ITM.

FuzzyPlum 03-12-2019 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secret love (Post 1250326)
I also want In the Meantime...Revisited.
A sophomore ITM. A true solo album in the same vein as the original ITM.

I'd take a 'Legendary Christine Perfect Album' part 2

aleuzzi 03-13-2019 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secret love (Post 1250326)
Wikipedia did you know credits Stevie Nicks for keyboards duties (shared with Lindsey) on the Say You Will album... and she also played piano on New Orleans. People who say she can't play piano need their heads read.

Stevie plays best (and even then not especially well) when she isn't singing. She can't sing and play at the same time without it affecting her timing and her coordination.

aleuzzi 03-13-2019 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1250354)
I'd take a 'Legendary Christine Perfect Album' part 2

I'd love another album like that--soft blues mixed with thick layers of keyboards.

"I Want You," "No Road is the Right Road" and "And That's Saying A Lot" are so very cool--the best kind of cool.

I also like "Crazy Bout You Baby" and "I'm On My Way" but prefer the arrangements FM did of those songs on the Madison Blues LP.

jbrownsjr 03-19-2019 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1250398)
Stevie plays best (and even then not especially well) when she isn't singing. She can't sing and play at the same time without it affecting her timing and her coordination.

Her piano playing is just as bad as her singing. It's the equivalent of you reading really bad poetry. That's how bad it is for me.

michelej1 03-19-2019 03:28 PM

Stevie herself said that she played badly on SYW. She said that both she and Lindsey were poor piano players.

HomerMcvie 03-19-2019 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1250730)
Stevie herself said that she played badly on SYW. She said that both she and Lindsey were poor piano players.

I think he plays piano just fine. Remember when they're rehearsing harmonies on Angel, in the Tusk doc? He sounds fine to me.