The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Country Music Coming to my Small State (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=54760)

Lee 12-19-2014 10:57 AM

Country Music Coming to my Small State

Who knew that big time country music people would ever come to my small home state of Delaware? :shrug: Two country music festivals in my state will be taking place this summer. I don't really like country music, so I won't be going. Just wondering if anyone here is interested in country music & might be going. I'm just helping Delaware with a little publicity. :D

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/...-war/20616833/

Lee :)

Macfanforever 12-19-2014 11:36 PM

Wow Thats nice.We used too have these here in Connecticut years ago and I enjoyed them.I love the bluegrass fests.

Since I dont really enjoy todays so-called country music artists .They sound like rock and roll .I probably pass on going to one of these fests unless it has classic country artists like Emmylou Harris and her generation and older country artists like her performing there.

I notice they have some of my favorite classic country artists coming to the fests but I can do without Jason Aldean for starters.

HomerMcvie 12-21-2014 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfanforever (Post 1156344)
Wow Thats nice.We used too have these here in Connecticut years ago and I enjoyed them.I love the bluegrass fests.

Since I dont really enjoy todays so-called country music artists .They sound like rock and roll .I probably pass on going to one of these fests unless it has classic country artists like Emmylou Harris and her generation and older country artists like her performing there.

I notice they have some of my favorite classic country artists coming to the fests but I can do without Jason Aldean for starters.

Jason Aldean is the anti-Christ of country. As is Puke Bryan, Blake Shelton, and that GOD AWFUL Florida/Georgia Line.

GypsySorcerer 12-21-2014 10:43 AM

Jason Aldean is god-awful, as is the entire "bro country" trend. I'm so sick of the "I'm country, you're country, she's country, we're country....let's drive down a dirt road/back road to the backwoods/boondocks" songs.

Macfanforever 12-21-2014 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer (Post 1156451)
Jason Aldean is god-awful, as is the entire "bro country" trend. I'm so sick of the "I'm country, you're country, she's country, we're country....let's drive down a dirt road/back road to the backwoods/boondocks" songs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1156438)
Jason Aldean is the anti-Christ of country. As is Puke Bryan, Blake Shelton, and that GOD AWFUL Florida/Georgia Line.

I can handle Blake Shelton but the others got to go.Rascal Flatts tires can go too.LOL.

I love southern rock from the 1970's like the Eagles,Skynyrd,Poco 38 Special,Marshall Tucker and others crossovering into country music in the 1970's and 80's .I love those bands.Also throw in pop artists like Linda Ronstadt which was great at the time.

Now country music is flooded with these crap rock-try music artists wannabees and ruin the gender altogether. They had to do something to save the country music industry to get the younger demos to listen to it.

I'm so happy that George Strait is still recording.He's great.

Jennifer Nettles is ok singing but sucks as a host on the CMA Country Christmas show last night.

HomerMcvie 12-22-2014 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfanforever (Post 1156496)
I can handle Blake Shelton but the others got to go.Rascal Flatts tires can go too.LOL.

I love southern rock from the 1970's like the Eagles,Skynyrd,Poco 38 Special,Marshall Tucker and others crossovering into country music in the 1970's and 80's .I love those bands.Also throw in pop artists like Linda Ronstadt which was great at the time.

Now country music is flooded with these crap rock-try music artists wannabees and ruin the gender altogether. They had to do something to save the country music industry to get the younger demos to listen to it.

I'm so happy that George Strait is still recording.He's great.

Jennifer Nettles is ok singing but sucks as a host on the CMA Country Christmas show last night.

I agree completely. It's all about numbers now. And King George is just about the only one still recording actual country music.

olive 12-22-2014 11:08 AM

These are worth seeing I have seen them multiple times In other news I did score Garth and Trisha tickets!(at face value $56.)

Miranda Lambert
Gary Allan
Loretta Lynn

Merle Haggard

Kacey Musgraves

Sturgill Simpson

the other show Toby Keith has had no appeal for me since he went all Patriotic then lowered himself to write songs like red solo cup i love this bar etc , He use to be so good

Macfanforever 12-22-2014 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olive (Post 1156536)
These are worth seeing I have seen them multiple times In other news I did score Garth and Trisha tickets!(at face value $56.)

Miranda Lambert
Gary Allan
Loretta Lynn

Merle Haggard

Kacey Musgraves

Sturgill Simpson

the other show Toby Keith has had no appeal for me since he went all Patriotic then lowered himself to write songs like red solo cup i love this bar etc , He use to be so good

Miranda Lambert ok
Gary Allan ok
Loretta Lynn love her .Love to see her live before its to late.

Merle Haggard love him Love to see him live before its to late.

Kacey Musgraves ok

Sturgill Simpson unknown to me .

Toby Keith is ok.

olive 12-22-2014 09:09 PM

check him out he's great live !

HomerMcvie 12-23-2014 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfanforever (Post 1156569)

Sturgill Simpson unknown to me .

That's because he's the real deal, so they're not going to shove him down our throats, like the pablum they can sell to millions.

I did sound for him once(maybe a year ago), and he was great. And I'm very embarrassed to say that I still haven't gone out and bought any CDs. These days, I'm just out of the regular buying habit, that most of us used to have...:shocked:

Macfanforever 12-23-2014 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olive (Post 1156577)
check him out he's great live !

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1156588)
That's because he's the real deal, so they're not going to shove him down our throats, like the pablum they can sell to millions.

I did sound for him once(maybe a year ago), and he was great. And I'm very embarrassed to say that I still haven't gone out and bought any CDs. These days, I'm just out of the regular buying habit, that most of us used to have...:shocked:

Thanks guys .This guy sounds great.I like him.

Thats the problem today with the industry.The good artists are left behind and we get stuck with the crap we hear on the radio today.