The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Christine Replacement??? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=38878)

kennation 01-29-2009 11:06 AM

Christine Replacement???

Ok, I don't like to b* and complain, but I will NOT be happy if they try replacing Chris on this tour... I don't want to hear Sheryl, Miley, or anyone else try to cover this Warrior Queen of music!!! I am not having it. I said to my friend, "I will tell Mick, when I meet him, 'Iwant my money back...' I will not pay nearly 2,000 bucks to hear someone try to do her music. Lindsey? Fine. Stevie? Maybe, but NO ONE ELSE! I would rather her John McVie do songbird than hear an outsider do any of Christine's songs." I mean that. If I had my choice and they were FORCING me to hear someone do her songs I would nominate one woman: Sharon Celani. This woman knows the music, IS VERY CAPABLE, and is the closest thing they have to someone deserving the chance to do it... That is only my opinion...

marinnette 01-29-2009 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennation (Post 795508)
Ok, I don't like to b* and complain, but I will NOT be happy if they try replacing Chris on this tour... I don't want to hear Sheryl, Miley, or anyone else try to cover this Warrior Queen of music!!! I am not having it. I said to my friend, "I will tell Mick, when I meet him, 'Iwant my money back...' I will not pay nearly 2,000 bucks to hear someone try to do her music. Lindsey? Fine. Stevie? Maybe, but NO ONE ELSE! I would rather her John McVie do songbird than hear an outsider do any of Christine's songs." I mean that. If I had my choice and they were FORCING me to hear someone do her songs I would nominate one woman: Sharon Celani. This woman knows the music, IS VERY CAPABLE, and is the closest thing they have to someone deserving the chance to do it... That is only my opinion...

I couldn't agree more with you. I think Lori Perry would be a good option too. But nobody else.
ohhh Christine, we miss you so much. I miss her not only as herself, but also as the buffer between lindsey and stevie.

Ulpian 01-29-2009 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinnette (Post 795521)
I couldn't agree more with you. I think Lori Perry would be a good option too. But nobody else.
ohhh Christine, we miss you so much. I miss her not only as herself, but also as the buffer between lindsey and stevie.

Could not agree more. Somehow Christine just brought a mellow, detached loveliness which cancelled out all the angst and self-involvement of those two.

As for her songs on this tour: if it's not SN or LB singing them, I should imagine a lot of people will be rather peeved. It's not fair to ask people to pay all that money to hear a backing singer - however loyal, however talented - to sing one of those classics herself.

mylittledemon 01-29-2009 01:13 PM

i dont think Chris is being replaced on this tour...much like the last one. I think the band knows she's irreplaceable.

kennation 01-29-2009 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mylittledemon (Post 795531)
i dont think Chris is being replaced on this tour...much like the last one. I think the band knows she's irreplaceable.

I hope. Everyone, HOPE WITH ME, lol.... Seriously, someone said that Miley Cyrus was replacing her and it just set me off, not matter how ridiculous the rumor was. I was like, NO WAY!!! I don't know if it's just a mood I am in, but I would seriously ask for my money back. No way would I even begin to play with that.

Oh- and Lori would be cool too. I agree, no one wants to hear the back up singer, but if they put Sharon Celani out front with LB on WORLD TURNING (add some maracas) the crowd would go nuts!!! Stevie would lose it! They would rock it.

WildHeart69 01-29-2009 02:26 PM

I have already read in one or two interviews a few months back that they would be showcasing the backup singers (Sharon and Jana...dont think Lori) in some of the songs so they could get some of the harmonies back... They ARENT replacing anyone!

Villavic 01-29-2009 04:14 PM

I agree she is irreplaceable and I'll be upset and dissapointed if I see a new lead singer. But, why r we still talking about this? I thought that rumour was denied and discarded. I Didn't hear again about the band considering another girl in the band.

jbrownsjr 01-29-2009 05:13 PM

There is no use in cryin it's all over
and I know there always be another day

nicepace 01-29-2009 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennation (Post 795508)
I would rather her John McVie do songbird than hear an outsider do any of Christine's songs.

Hey! What a good idea. I would *love* to hear John McVie sing "Songbird." He'd probably give it an earnest, gritty, Willy Nelson-style delivery ... not the overly smooth delivery, with all the edges gone, that all the ladies mentioned in this thread would probably use.

It would be an entirely different song, and you know what? It might be really good.

At least it would show the band were thinking "outside the box"!

fleetwoodtrick 01-29-2009 06:33 PM

Wtf, Miley!?!?!? This Is The First I've Heard Of That!!!!!

jbrownsjr 01-29-2009 06:46 PM

Greg Allman is gonna fill in for Christine..

CADreaming 01-29-2009 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 795624)
Greg Allman is gonna fill in for Christine..

For some reason that wouldn't surprise me... :D

jbrownsjr 01-29-2009 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 795644)
For some reason that wouldn't surprise me... :D

hahahaha I know what you mean..

SteveMacD 01-30-2009 12:56 AM

I heard they were bringing Steve Winwood in to do Christine's songs. Note: they'll also be doing Ask Anybody, Dear Mr. Fantasy, and maybe Feelin' Alright.

michelej1 01-30-2009 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 795700)
I heard they were bringing Steve Winwood in to do Christine's songs. Note: they'll also be doing Ask Anybody, Dear Mr. Fantasy, and maybe Feelin' Alright.

Aww, that's great. Steve has been wanting to do that ever since he carried Chris' books home from school.

Michele