The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   1982 Tour (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59172)

David 02-18-2021 03:52 PM

1982 Tour

Who announced the band in 1982?

All I know is that: he is a he, he is North American, and he likes the word monstrous.

HomerMcvie 02-18-2021 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1264657)
Who announced the band in 1982?

All I know is that: he is a he, he is North American, and he likes the word monstrous.

Was it Richard?

SteveMacD 02-18-2021 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1264661)
Was it Richard?

I thought Richard retired from touring sometime during the Tusk tour.

HomerMcvie 02-18-2021 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1264663)
I thought Richard retired from touring sometime during the Tusk tour.

It's been a long time since I read Dick's first book. Maybe 10 years or more.

David 02-18-2021 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1264661)
Was it Richard?

I’m not sure. It sounds like someone with more oomph in his delivery. It’s practically shouting, if you listen to it. Maybe it was one of the security detail, or the guy who played acoustic guitar.

David 02-18-2021 06:54 PM

If someone knows the answer to this vexing question, post it here and Michele will pay you $100. It’s a Ledge Challenge, no. 1 of a series.

HomerMcvie 02-18-2021 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1264669)
I’m not sure. It sounds like someone with more oomph in his delivery. It’s practically shouting, if you listen to it. Maybe it was one of the security detail, or the guy who played acoustic guitar.

I didn't think there was anything FM related that you didn't know!

Ray Lindsey won't accept my FB friendship.

Speaking of which, I'm sorry if I did something to upset you, to make you unfriend me on Facebook, after all these(25?) years we've known each other.:distress:

David 02-18-2021 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1264673)
I didn't think there was anything FM related that you didn't know!

That’s what I wanted people to think. It was never even close to true. I am sort of a fake, in the Henry Jamesian sense.

Quote:

Ray Lindsey won't accept my FB friendship.
What a little bitch!

Quote:

Speaking of which, I'm sorry if I did something to upset you, to make you unfriend me on Facebook, after all these(25?) years we've known each other.:distress:
You said something initially that hurt my feelings. But then I just concluded that I had had enough of you. Twenty-five years, after all, is longer than most marriages, Dave.

HomerMcvie 02-18-2021 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1264677)
That’s what I wanted people to think. It was never even close to true. I am sort of a fake, in the Henry Jamesian sense.

What a little bitch!

You said something initially that hurt my feelings. But then I just concluded that I had had enough of you. Twenty-five years, after all, is longer than most marriages, Dave.

There have been theories over the years, that you were a member of FM.

Apparently he is a little bitch.

Well, I would never say anything to intentionally hurt your feelings, and I'm sorry you felt the need to end it. A quarter of a century was quite a run.:(

David 02-18-2021 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1264679)
There have been theories over the years, that you were a member of FM.

Those little gossiping yentas.

Quote:

Well, I would never say anything to intentionally hurt your feelings, and I'm sorry you felt the need to end it.
It was very minor, but I am very moody.

Quote:

A quarter of a century was quite a run.:(
What great times we had! Truth is, I am seriously considering withdrawing from FB entirely and planting new roots on one of those militantly right-wing new platforms.

SteveMacD 02-18-2021 07:26 PM

Jesus, someone cue up Barbara Streisand and Neil Diamond, already!

David 02-18-2021 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1264682)

You and I go way back, too, Stephen. Jeff Kenney’s Chain Gang. You were such a little guy then, so full of spirit and hope and comportment, like a subdued, serious young lawyer in an Edith Wharton novel.

HomerMcvie 02-18-2021 07:40 PM

Quote:

I've known you, David, jbrownsjr, and Chili D since roughly when I got my first computer, circa 1996, when I discovered the "Usenet" Fleetwood Mac group.

When Usenet began dying out, David talked me(you can all blame him!) into coming to the Ledge. I ~only~ lurked for a couple of years, because everyone seemed so mean here. Then I learned that you just have to pull up your panties and jump in!

jbrownsjr 02-18-2021 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1264685)
I've known you, David, jbrownsjr, and Chili D since roughly when I got my first computer, circa 1996, when I discovered the "Usenet" Fleetwood Mac group.

When Usenet began dying out, David talked me(you can all blame him!) into coming to the Ledge. I ~only~ lurked for a couple of years, because everyone seemed so mean here. Then I learned that you just have to pull up your panties and jump in!

Did someone say Barbra and panties...???

HomerMcvie 02-18-2021 10:01 PM

Quote:

Dang, didn't you used to be a social worker? I thought y'all were supposed to be sensitive!