The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What can we realistically expect from this band at this point? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57722)

secondhandchain 02-19-2018 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1220842)
If that's the case, I'm pretty sure they won't even know 3 million left their bank. I'm kind of shocked 3 million is the hold up if that's true.

3 million? Come on records don't sell that much anymore. Even if it sells 50,000 that' no where near what they need to make a profit.

secondhandchain 02-20-2018 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1220843)
3 million? Come on records don't sell that much anymore. Even if it sells 50,000 that' no where near what they need to make a profit.

According to this q and a with Keith Olsen Stevie and Lindsey own the rights.
"Lindsey and Stevie now own the rights to Buckingham Nicks... they bought it back from Polydor/polygram etc etc... The label in the beginning thought that the album lacked imagination... but by contract they had to release it... nice eh? What a wonderful business this is... I hope they (Lindsey and Stevie) will re release it soon... I'll get on their collective case about it...! I guess I have the only CD in the world.. I pulled out the masters over a year ago, baked them to re-adhere the oxide to the backing, then built a master digital from it... it took me back so many years."

BigAl84 02-20-2018 09:12 AM

Call me crazy, but I would not be shocked if BN sold more than a Buckingham McVie II or new mac album. It has a large cult following that often spills into circles of folks who are not necessarily giant mac fans.

lbfan 02-20-2018 10:37 AM

Buckingham Nicks

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1220848)
Call me crazy, but I would not be shocked if BN sold more than a Buckingham McVie II or new mac album. It has a large cult following that often spills into circles of folks who are not necessarily giant mac fans.

I am not sure it would. Most fans already have it -either on vinyl or a bootleg CD. The hardcore fans would buy it again if it were re-mastered. But without the Fleetwood Mac moniker, it likely won’t sell very well. Perhaps it should have been packaged with the White album deluxe re-release. That would have excited the fan base, which might have generated a momentum that could carry over to the casual fan. As you noted, sales to the casual fan are a key to success.

jbrownsjr 02-20-2018 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbfan (Post 1220849)
I am not sure it would. Most fans already have it -either on vinyl or a bootleg CD. The hardcore fans would buy it again if it were re-mastered. But without the Fleetwood Mac moniker, it likely won’t sell very well. Perhaps it should have been packaged with the White album deluxe re-release. That would have excited the fan base, which might have generated a momentum that could carry over to the casual fan. As you noted, sales to the casual fan are a key to success.

It's hard to believe as a serious fan that this hasn't been re-released. It's such a great album. It's the last thing they ever did as a duo of this quality. I mean Twisted is ok. And SA.. zzzzzzzz...

But, I do agree. Sales wise the album was a flop. And even with FM name.. how many units would it actually sell? 3MIL worth? :lol:

Would have been great to have a SUPER deluxe version w/ B/N for the White album. Great idea.

SteveMacD 02-20-2018 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1220850)
It's the last thing they ever did as a duo of this quality. I mean Twisted is ok. And SA.. zzzzzzzz...

If LBCM is a duo album, so is SYW, although quality might be subjective.

jbrownsjr 02-21-2018 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1220852)
If LBCM is a duo album, so is SYW, although quality might be subjective.

SYW isn't horrible... it's just missing something. :angel:

HomerMcvie 02-21-2018 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1220854)

Like the BALANCE that has always made FM work?

The QUEEN of FM?

Christine is what balances quirky Lindsey, and ditzy Stevie into.....viable product.:wavey:

Neal 02-21-2018 01:15 PM

Maybe Paxson is making an appearance at Fleetwood's On Front St...?

HomerMcvie 02-21-2018 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal (Post 1220857)
Maybe Paxson is making an appearance at Fleetwood's On Front St...?

Why would Mick need another drummer(except with FM?:laugh:)?

sue 02-21-2018 01:52 PM

Quote:

I like SYW...it took me ages to get into it, it was a slow burner.
(I also like it as it was £3 from a charity shop, Best Buy ever....)

I think the songs are complex and need plenty of listening to.
Which is just what you want from an album.

FuzzyPlum 02-21-2018 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1220859)
I like SYW...it took me ages to get into it, it was a slow burner.
(I also like it as it was £3 from a charity shop, Best Buy ever....)

I think the songs are complex and need plenty of listening to.
Which is just what you want from an album.

SYW is a pleasant surprise every time I return to it. Unfortunately its then an album I tire of fairly quickly.

button-lip 02-21-2018 05:57 PM

Quote:

Apart from we know who, SYW lacks..... happiness :nod:

I mean, if you want an album to share your pain with, then SYW it's your choice. I suspect that's the reason Stevie doesn't want to record anymore with FM. She knows she's gonna depress everybody. :rolleyes:

HomerMcvie 02-21-2018 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1220863)
Apart from we know who, SYW lacks..... happiness :nod:

I mean, if you want an album to share your pain with, then SYW it's your choice. I suspect that's the reason Stevie doesn't want to record anymore with FM. She knows she's gonna depress everybody. :rolleyes:

Exactly!!!

I too, think that she's miserable these days, and it certainly shows in her music. I'm old, I never married, I had no children(that I didn't kill), nobody loves me, blah, blah, blah. Now that's depressing!

Christine makes loving fun, and that's what always made FM fun!

aleuzzi 02-21-2018 09:52 PM

SYW is a substantial, impressive effort, but it’s really more a gathering of songs—-a lot of songs—than a coherent artistic project. Still, I’m glad to have that music.

It DOES lack humor and light. But it’s intensity is powerful and authentic.

Still, I much prefer Christine’s ITM.