The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   LB Live Performance on April 22 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=46536)

michelej1 04-23-2011 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMn (Post 969555)
Fantastic michele. Wish I couldve been there.

And there you are on your way to Seattle. Oh well, you'll be there in September!

Michele

McTrouble 04-23-2011 04:20 AM

Thank you so much Michele - I almost feel like I was there :thumbsup:

elle 04-23-2011 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AliceLover (Post 969520)
GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

FIVE new songs! I am so blown away.

Michele...how did the new songs sound? Were they rockers? I am so glad he is doing Turn it On again!!! :blob1:

6 new songs. All rockers, except seeds we sow

LB Freakazoid 04-23-2011 09:51 AM

Just watched a couple of videos on youtube.... arrgghh... I gotta wait 5 months for the album?:mad:
Michele's review - spot on!

I wish I went - I was just about to click purchase for the the tickets and airline, hotel, etc - then the accountant happened to call right at that exact moment and told me how much the irs was extracting from me....

lbfan 04-23-2011 09:53 AM

Great Show!

I can't add much to some of great reports already posted. A few minor things:
They played acoustic instrumentals before the concert of Peacekeeper and Red Rover. I wish they would release these!
LB had a new acoustic introductory piece for NGBA. I thought it was a new song when he played it before going into NGBA. A nice addition.
All of the new songs sounded great. Stars (or Stars Gone Crazy may be the full title) stood out, along with End of Time. It may the aftermath of a terrific concert, but this new album may well indeed rival Out of the Cradle, and I don't say that lightly because I feel OOTC is a masterpiece.
My daughter caught a towel Lindsey threw into the crowd - she was thrilled!
A lot of record executives (or complimentary tickets) did not show, so they let people fill in rows three and four. My daughter and I moved over to the middle of the third row, someone sat next to us that came down from the balcony.
All of the band members except Lindsey hung around the lobby for about an hour after the show. Will is a sweet kid. My daughter asked him if he plays the guitar. He said his dad tried to teach him, but that it didn't work out. He is a really good looking kid (12 or 13 - not quite to that awkward teenage years) a combination of his mom and dad's good looks with really blue eyes.
I asked Neale about the instrumental pieces they play before the concert - he said they just recorded those while just sitting around a few years ago. I suggested they release them. He said that would be good bonus material.

CADreaming 04-23-2011 10:31 AM

CADreaming 04-23-2011 10:37 AM

Chris Mann with Lindsey after his show:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...1_148729_n.jpg

CADreaming 04-23-2011 10:38 AM

Seeds We Sow:

Lyrics guess:

soldiers of fortune they do conceal
everything they're afraid to show
everything they once [gave away] ? to steal
oh, the seeds we sow

soldiers of fortune in paradise
[have to tell] ? ourselves let go

MacMan 04-23-2011 10:53 AM

Great reporting from the show you guys...As usual Michele you take us there!

That Stars song is really really great... Love it!

So it was being taped or filmed? Were there cameras present.. or was this an audio taping only?

lbfan 04-23-2011 11:00 AM

Filming

They had a professional film crew with four fixed camera locations, one overhead on a boom (crane) and two in the orchestra pit.

CADreaming 04-23-2011 11:08 AM

WildHearted 04-23-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 969679)
And the same old _____ she was hiding outside my door

I heard 'dream'

I'm really digging these new songs! Especially 'Stars' and 'In Our Own Time'! Lindsey sounds amazing. Thank you everyone for the videos and the reviews!

Fleetwoodmark 04-23-2011 11:32 AM

Fantastic, He is sounding duperb.

I'm really digging "Stars" - I think this could be up there with OOTC !!

Dowie100 04-23-2011 11:53 AM

Thanks everyone for the reviews sound like it was a great show. Really loving the sound of the new songs from the videos cannot wait to hear them on the album :blob2:

Peestie 04-23-2011 12:01 PM

Is that a real drumkit?! Did theyy finally move on from the drumpads?

It's going to be very, very hard not to listen to these clips a thousand times before the album and DVD are released...

Thanks to everyone for the clips and reviews. I'm very excited now!

CADreaming 04-23-2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fleetwoodmark (Post 969686)
Fantastic, He is sounding duperb.

I'm really digging "Stars" - I think this could be up there with OOTC !!

That song is slowly killing me. Love it!! Easily going to be one of my all time favs of LB's.

michelej1 04-23-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacMan (Post 969672)
Great reporting from the show you guys...As usual Michele you take us there!

That Stars song is really really great... Love it!

Yes, Stars is my favorite and In Our Own Time (which I mistook for Still in My Mind) is my second favorite.

Michele

michelej1 04-23-2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 969666)
Seeds We Sow:

Thanks so much for the You Tube clips. Wonderful to have it.

Michele

WildHearted 04-23-2011 12:08 PM

I'm really loving all of these lyrics, at least, what I can make out of them! Interesting for sure. I love seeing how Lindsey has progressed in that department.

michelej1 04-23-2011 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbfan (Post 969643)
I can't add much to some of great reports already posted. A few minor things:
They played acoustic instrumentals before the concert of Peacekeeper and Red Rover. I wish they would release these!
LB had a new acoustic introductory piece for NGBA. I thought it was a new song when he played it before going into NGBA. A nice addition.
All of the new songs sounded great. Stars (or Stars Gone Crazy may be the full title) stood out, along with End of Time. It may the aftermath of a terrific concert, but this new album may well indeed rival Out of the Cradle, and I don't say that lightly because I feel OOTC is a masterpiece.

He's certainly more than halfway to stellar, with the sampling we've gotten so far. I'm glad he didn't do She Smiled Sweetly, because we got as many new, unheard songs from the album as possible this way.

Michele

Sleepless-Child 04-23-2011 12:25 PM

Stars is absolutely stunning. It made me cry, immediately. I love this man.

michelej1 04-23-2011 12:34 PM

Quote:

In Our Own Time

Fire still burning in a while she'll make it rain
There's ______ all falling down they couldn't stand the strain

In Our Own Time and Stars Are Crazy resonate in a way that the sing-songy CAD just did not. Penetrating.

I am seriously going to have to not listen to these songs too much until September, so as not to wear them out.

So, um, how many of the lyrics do you think Kristen will get credit for writing?:cool:

Michele

michelej1 04-23-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

I wake up in the middle of the night
With you in my heart
With you in my heart
I can't touch you anymore
It causes you harm

I think he wakes up with her in his arms, because I hear an "S" at the end.

Regarding Stars, last night it didn't sound like he was sayng "are" but I didn't think he would say gone either, because of the grammar thing (shades of the Thrown Down argument). Yet, the misheard Stars Gone Crazy sounded good to me.

This is good stuff. I think I do want some back ground vocals on the studio versions though, maybe. Well, it's good the way it is.

Peetsie, for the tour Walfredo might be back on drum pads. At least we got the good stuff for the DVD.

Michele

MacMan 04-23-2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbfan (Post 969677)
They had a professional film crew with four fixed camera locations, one overhead on a boom (crane) and two in the orchestra pit.

Great thanks

michelej1 04-23-2011 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child (Post 969720)
Stars is absolutely stunning. It made me cry, immediately. I love this man.

I was just sitting here getting a bit teary over In Our Own Time. Wow, these songs are like a combination of UTS and GOS in that I think UTS had the sentiment but was too sappy for me. Then GOS had the rock that was incredible from the title track, to Love Runs Deeper, to Great Day. But those rockers didn't have the introspective aspects that, say Bel Air Rain didl. The songs from SWS seem to both rock and weep.

I'm loving it.

Michele

michelej1 04-23-2011 12:52 PM

Just watched the Seeds We Sow clip. Painful. Ugh. The song ends a lot better than it started, I promise you.

Michele

Sleepless-Child 04-23-2011 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 969735)
I was just sitting here getting a bit teary over In Our Own Time. Wow, these songs are like a combination of UTS and GOS in that I think UTS had the sentiment but was too sappy for me. Then GOS had the rock that was incredible from the title track, to Love Runs Deeper, to Great Day. But those rockers didn't have the introspective aspects that, say Bel Air Rain didl. The songs from SWS seem to both rock and weep.

I'm loving it.

Michele

YES. The feeling i had when i first heard Bel Air Rain is very similar to the one i have now, listening to Stars. I feel like my heart is going to explode. Poignant. I tried not to listen to it too much, but somehow, i think i'll never get tired of this song.

Fiver 04-23-2011 01:32 PM

OK, going to have to force myself not to listen to these anymore until we get the album. No easy task. Magnificent stuff.

Peestie 04-23-2011 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 969727)
Peetsie, for the tour Walfredo might be back on drum pads. At least we got the good stuff for the DVD.

For some of the songs I didn't mind the drum pads but for the real rockers I thought it removed some of the energy.

Was Tusk the recent arrangement that starts off without the drums? Did any of the older songs have any interesting new arrangements or were they all the same as they have been for the last few tours?

A question for someone who was there: Was Lindsey properly relaxed? When he's being filmed he often seems to hold back a bit more than when he's just at a normal gig. The clips seem fairly loose but I'm just wondering about the rest of the show.

AliceLover 04-23-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiver (Post 969753)
OK, going to have to force myself not to listen to these anymore until we get the album. No easy task. Magnificent stuff.

I already ripped these three to Mp3's and are syncing to my Iphone! :D

All of these songs are cool, but I really love End of Time!

michelej1 04-23-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peestie (Post 969760)
For some of the songs I didn't mind the drum pads but for the real rockers I thought it removed some of the energy.

Was Tusk the recent arrangement that starts off without the drums? Did any of the older songs have any interesting new arrangements or were they all the same as they have been for the last few tours?

A question for someone who was there: Was Lindsey properly relaxed? When he's being filmed he often seems to hold back a bit more than when he's just at a normal gig. The clips seem fairly loose but I'm just wondering about the rest of the show.

Tusk had the drum intro. After the song someone yelled, "You're killing us, Lindsey" and Lindsey said, "You're killing me too."

Go Insane was arranged differently with a slower tempo. Maybe it was the fact that it was not what I expected that threw me off, but I didn't like it as much. But that will probably change with familiarity. Lindsey seemed to be using a deeper voice for Go Insane too. I don't know if that means it's a different "key" or not. I can't tell those things.

Lindsey was ULTRA relaxed. Just natural. This was not like the Soundstage taping at all. I know what you mean, he wasn't himself for The Dance or LIB, but he was perfectly at ease last night and normal. I mean, we know Lindsey very well and he's kind of a ham (not that there's anything wrong with that) but he wasn't even doing that. He milked ISA like he always does, but it wasn't overkill in the slightest. He was being so regular and it felt genuine.

Glad there was no Holiday Road.

Michele

elle 04-23-2011 02:33 PM

In Our Own Time - another version / angle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opTFOLmsxDU In Our Own Time LB Saban 4.22

Peestie 04-23-2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 969782)
Lindsey was ULTRA relaxed. Just natural. This was not like the Soundstage taping at all. I know what you mean, he wasn't himself for The Dance or LIB, but he was perfectly at ease last night and normal. I mean, we know Lindsey very well and he's kind of a ham (not that there's anything wrong with that) but he wasn't even doing that. He milked ISA like he always does, but it wasn't overkill in the slightest. He was being so regular and it felt genuine.

Excellent! :thumbsup: That's what I was hoping to hear. This could be his best DVD looking at the setlist and reviews so far.
Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 969782)
Glad there was no Holiday Road.

Ditto!

michelej1 04-23-2011 02:44 PM

Illumination
I like the music. I like the little yelp (reminds me of Time Bomb Town, a bit). I like most of the lyrics. I just don't like the phrase "process of illumination" in a song. Yeah, clever switch from elimination, but you don't really want to sing it.

I can imagine one of our women on the chorus with him. "One less ____ to believe in. One less trick of the mind." They would sound good with him on that part. Michele

Dowie100 04-23-2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiver (Post 969753)

I love this one; Lindsey's streak of amazing solo albums looks set to continue!

Regina 04-23-2011 03:15 PM

Wow, wow, wow...
we go from nothing to new stuff from both Stevie and (surprisingly!) Lindsey.
I love everything I've heard (and I sure aint waiting for September to listen). The Stars song is incredible. They HAVE to make that a single. I have a feeling, as a single, it could actually (gulp) SELL! It's beautiful. Really, really gorgeous.
And I like that he put on a few pounds. He looks healthier.
Nice to know that both he and Stevie put their Society of Edgar Allan Poe Freaks memberships to good use;-)

CADreaming 04-23-2011 03:41 PM

Stars mp3

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4agmg9

Tango 04-23-2011 03:52 PM

Thank you so much for the reviews, for remembering as much as you did, for pulling off on the highway to write things down, and for the videos! :laugh: There is so MUCH to look forward to! I did laugh at "the big machine" and the big movie references again.

CADreaming 04-23-2011 03:56 PM

The Way Love Goes

michelej1 04-23-2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 969823)
The Way Love Goes

Thank you for these. The chorus of this song just flew straight over my head last night. It was like he was just suddenly shouting very fast and I wasn't hearing. It's so great to be able to see the video and to have them all embedded here.

Michele