The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Christine McVie on Later with Jools Holland (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57089)

TrueFaith77 04-24-2017 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1207916)
Most people love money, but these people just made a boatload on the last tour. And without Christine, the other 4 made huge amounts touring since 2003. At some point, isn't it enough?

I mean, we know Mick has had some bad business deals, but aren't the others financially stable? I don't understand them. I thought the purpose of the big machine was to make the little machine possible. Nowadays, the purpose of the big machine is to create a bigger one.

Michele

For the 3 Brits, it's connected to a deep collective Dickensian fear of poverty, the poor house, debtors prison. (Remember why they moved to California.)

For Stevie, I imagine it's as American as Scarlett O'Hara: "As God is my witness, never will I be a cleaning lady slaving over hamburger helper again!"

For Lindsey, he has a wife and three kids and a house...

ViscountViktor 04-24-2017 03:31 PM

She's so much more relaxed on that version, love her saying she has a great musical connection with Lindsey.

button-lip 04-24-2017 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tango87 (Post 1207958)
Fantastic XHector, thank you.

Thank you, we love you! :blob1:

Gracias, chaval! :thumbsup:

button-lip 04-24-2017 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViscountViktor (Post 1207980)
She's so much more relaxed on that version, love her saying she has a great musical connection with Lindsey.

That's probably my favorite part. :)

aleuzzi 04-24-2017 05:56 PM

Finally saw the segment! Christine looks fantastic and sounds good, too, I don't notice any change in her speaking voice, except it's a tad lower than it used to be. Same Brummie accent. In the video clips, she is tall! Very lanky and rocking the quarter-sleeve shirt.

elle 04-24-2017 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xhector (Post 1207949)
LOL thank you, you're all welcome. I don't participate a lot to the Ledge nowadays but I am as obsessed as the most, and I connect often searching for news and opinions and enjoy reading you all. So I'm glad I can be of help with this.

The friday's cut:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/geszw4...8friday%29.wmv

you rock!! :wavey: :wavey:

SteveMacD 04-24-2017 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1207973)
For the 3 Brits, it's connected to a deep collective Dickensian fear of poverty, the poor house, debtors prison. (Remember why they moved to California.)

To be able to use the Fleetwood Mac name?:shrug:

In any case, the three Brits were friends/family with the likes of the Beatles, Clapton, the Stones, Winwood, Jeff Beck, etc. "If they could, why not us?" And, Christine got things rolling.

secondhandchain 04-24-2017 10:22 PM

Who knew she liked touring over recording?
Looking at this I realize they are really up there in age and we should just appreciate that they are least trying to be artistic and not be upset if the album is not perfect.

SteveMacD 04-25-2017 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1207813)
Maybe it's nicotine gum.

I saw her writing "you are the sky" lyrics. No. I don't want those.

There was also the familiar "I can't conceal/the way that I feel."

ViscountViktor 04-25-2017 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1207986)
Finally saw the segment! Christine looks fantastic and sounds good, too, I don't notice any change in her speaking voice, except it's a tad lower than it used to be. Same Brummie accent. In the video clips, she is tall! Very lanky and rocking the quarter-sleeve shirt.

I must admit I've never recognised Christine's accent as Brummie and I live there.

michelej1 04-25-2017 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1208020)
There was also the familiar "I can't conceal/the way that I feel."

Dame's going to be writing, "You opened your arms and filled me with your charms" next.