The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mick Fleetwood on Stevie Nicks' solo career and future of Fleetwood Mac (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56954)

TheWildHeart67 03-15-2017 07:10 PM

Mick Fleetwood on Stevie Nicks' solo career and future of Fleetwood Mac

[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...psi1epzcpy.jpg[/IMG]http://wror.com/2017/03/15/mick-flee...fleetwood-mac/

There is no prevailing animosity in Fleetwood Mac over Stevie Nicks’ decision to continue with her solo endeavors, including tour dates, according to drummer and co-founder Mick Fleetwood.

In Austin, Texas to speak Wednesday (March 15) at the South By Southwest music conference, Fleetwood acknowledged that the upcoming duo project by Mac members Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie dubbed Buckingham McVie, was partly caused by Nicks’ decision not to join her bandmates in the studio during the past couple of years. But he says that’s something Fleetwood Mac has grown used to over the years:
“She’s doing what she loves to do, and that’s nothing new. She’s been in and out of Fleetwood Mac doing her thing, and she truly has more than anyone a profoundly different level of a career outside of Fleetwood Mac…and that’s nothing new. She’s busy and happy doing what she does and she always comes home to roost….This happened so many times before and stuff, and I say never say never in terms of Fleetwood Mac is alive and well…There’s certainly a vision that next year we’ll all probably be heading towards doing that work as a band.”

There’s no official release date yet for the Buckingham McVie album, while a deluxe edition of the group’s 1987 release Tango In The Night is due out March 24. Fleetwood Mac is rumored to be played a pair of Classic Rock festivals with the Eagles this summer, but Fleetwood would not comment on that.

Fleetwood is in Austin to launch the campaign for is new book, Love That Burns: A Chronicle of Fleetwood Mac Volume One: 1967-1974, which is being published September 19 by Britain's Genesis Publications.

michelej1 03-15-2017 07:50 PM

I don't like the "there's no official release date" part. I wish they had added, "but the album is expected to drop some time in May."

Michele

svnwndrs 03-15-2017 08:27 PM

"doing that work next year as a band...." says Mick. So does that mean all 5 of them will be recording a new record, or just ANOTHER tour? I'm broke as a joke so I can't see them in concert and would much rather have new music. Sounds crazy but they all should take a break from touring (especially Stevie!) Other than that comment, nothing in this article seems like real news to us fans....:distress:

louielouie2000 03-15-2017 09:26 PM

I wish I would have known Mick was in town for SXSW- I could have walked down there from my office. Stevie was in town this week, too- I wonder if their paths crossed?

TheWildHeart67 03-15-2017 09:29 PM

I thought I read Mick was at Stevie's show?

aleuzzi 03-15-2017 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svnwndrs (Post 1203516)
"doing that work next year as a band...." says Mick. So does that mean all 5 of them will be recording a new record, or just ANOTHER tour? I'm broke as a joke so I can't see them in concert and would much rather have new music. Sounds crazy but they all should take a break from touring (especially Stevie!) Other than that comment, nothing in this article seems like real news to us fans....:distress:

Unfortunately, I think it means another tour without new music. Stevie's made it pretty clear that she doesn't want to spend a year in the studio being unhappy making an album that won't ultimately sell.

And I can't imagine Buckingham McVie coughing up another ten songs between them in so short a time.

But hey, I would LOVE another full-band album, in addition to the duo album we're supposed to be getting. I just want that release date for the duo album firmed up very very soon.

HomerMcvie 03-15-2017 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1203528)
Stevie's made it pretty clear that she doesn't want to spend a year in the studio being unhappy making an album that won't ultimately sell.

Good lort, what a drama queen(her and Madame Fleetwood both).

A YEAR? Yeah, maybe for Lindsey, and a few months for Mick, John, and Chris.

Wasn't she THREE WEEKS in the studio on Tango?

What an idiot...

Phil 03-16-2017 02:02 AM

Could the lack of an actual release date for the Buckingham McVie album mean it might be shelved in favour of an actual Mac album next year? Could the reference to Lindsey and Christine being "dubbed Buckingham McVie" mean that it won't be the title of the project if it is indeed released? The article does refer to the "upcoming duo project" so I hope that is an indication it will still be released.

FuzzyPlum 03-16-2017 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 1203540)
Could the lack of an actual release date for the Buckingham McVie album mean it might be shelved in favour of an actual Mac album next year? Could the reference to Lindsey and Christine being "dubbed Buckingham McVie" mean that it won't be the title of the project if it is indeed released? The article does refer to the "upcoming duo project" so I hope that is an indication it will still be released.

I think the cover story for Uncut magazine shows it is 99.9% certain the B-M album will be coming out. My hope would be they are still sorting out logistics for live shows and other promotion and they want to withhold release until everything is fully in place.
I must remember to pick up a copy of Uncut.

louielouie2000 03-16-2017 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 (Post 1203524)

I don't keep track of Stevie's solo career anymore. I actually didn't know she was in Austin this past Sunday until I heard radio commercials for it the week prior. I also hardly check the Rumours forum these days because there's no new music and lots of unhappy people. :shrug:

jbrownsjr 03-16-2017 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 1203540)

Mick said it was being released in May and alluded to a tour that he would not be a part of.

vivfox 03-16-2017 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1203568)
I don't keep track of Stevie's solo career anymore. I actually didn't know she was in Austin this past Sunday until I heard radio commercials for it the week prior. I also hardly check the Rumours forum these days because there's no new music and lots of unhappy people. :shrug:

Louie, in the past you once said you would never go see SN live again until she changed her set list. This tour is a dream set list and I had wondered if you attended the Austin show.Now I know and it's a shame you let the opportunity pass you by, IMO.

louielouie2000 03-16-2017 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1203581)
Louie, in the past you once said you would never go see SN live again until she changed her set list. This tour is a dream set list and I had wondered if you attended the Austin show.Now I know and it's a shame you let the opportunity pass you by, IMO.

After Stevie did 24k I just stopped caring about her solo career. Then her refusing to be involved in a new Mac album sealed that. I don't have any regrets I missed her solo show. :thumbsup:

michelej1 03-16-2017 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 (Post 1203524)

Yes, he was. Someone posted a picture of him sitting in the audience in the Stevie forum.

Michele

jbrownsjr 03-16-2017 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1203586)
After Stevie did 24k I just stopped caring about her solo career. Then her refusing to be involved in a new Mac album sealed that. I don't have any regrets I missed her solo show. :thumbsup:

It's been a slow brewing boil for me.

svnwndrs 03-16-2017 07:15 PM

Quote:

Unfortunately, I'm starting to feel this way, too. I don't want to believe that this is the way Stevie feels because I'm such a huge fan, but I can't help feeling disappointed at her attitude about never recording again ever, and honestly I'm a little pissed off. You can add me to that list of unhappy people on here. :(

But I am glad that she has such a rich discography because I still listen to all her music solo and with FM all the time! :-) Just kinda have to hold on and cherish her legacy, I guess...

SteveMacD 03-16-2017 07:34 PM

It's been that way for me since "Behind the Mask" came out. It was obvious to me back then that she wasn't making Fleetwood Mac a major priority as far as albums go (how she didn't do "Whole Lotta Trouble" with four of the best blues musicians is beyond me). And, I still kind of feel that way. Her Mac songs between 1975-82 were all classics, and most of her Mac songs 1987 onward range between unlistenable to very good.

Judge for yourself:

Rhiannon
Crystal
Landslide
Dreams
I Don't Want To Know
Gold Dust Woman
Silver Springs
Sara
Storms
Sisters of the Moon
Angel
Beautiful Child
Fireflies
That's Alright
Gypsy
Straight Back
--
Seven Wonders
Welcome to the Room . . . Sara
What I See You Again
No Questions Asked
Love Is Dangerous
Affairs of the Heart
Freedom
The Second Time
Paper Doll
Twisted
Sweet Girl
Illume (911)
Thrown Down
Say You Will
Smile At You
Running Through the Garden
Silver Girl
Everybody Finds Out
Destiny Rules
Goodbye Baby
Not Make Believe
Without You

TheWildHeart67 03-16-2017 07:40 PM

I don't agree with many of her comments as of lately at all. Sales shouldn't matter at this point and I wish she would have done some recording with FM for a final album. I absolutely adore her last two solo albums and think she still has it in her to contribute some great tunes and vocals for an FM album. I don't hate her and won't stop listening to her music. But I wish she felt differently.

Jondalar 03-16-2017 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svnwndrs (Post 1203642)
Unfortunately, I'm starting to feel this way, too. I don't want to believe that this is the way Stevie feels because I'm such a huge fan, but I can't help feeling disappointed at her attitude about never recording again ever, and honestly I'm a little pissed off. You can add me to that list of unhappy people on here. :(

But I am glad that she has such a rich discography because I still listen to all her music solo and with FM all the time! :-) Just kinda have to hold on and cherish her legacy, I guess...

I loved 24K Gold. Thought it was one of her best solo albums ever, however, I don't really like her anymore. She keeps belittling her own band and building other bands like the Heartbreakers up. She is always blaming her failures on Lindsey and yet, he made her a star. She is spoiled and self centered. She won't record with Fleetwood Mac even though it would only be a month out of her life. Plus, she is just fake - all the fake praise for Glee, Twilight... she is not real, she is always conniving.

The big reason is though is I can't stand her belittling her band mates anymore. What kind of person is she? Certainly not trustworthy. She is coming to Columbus Ohio and I won't be there. She has pretty much lost me.

mitzo 03-16-2017 09:36 PM

Quote:

Because you disliked 24KG for some reason?

HomerMcvie 03-16-2017 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1203646)
I loved 24K Gold. Thought it was one of her best solo albums ever, however, I don't really like her anymore. She keeps belittling her own band and building other bands like the Heartbreakers up. She is always blaming her failures on Lindsey and yet, he made her a star. She is spoiled and self centered. She won't record with Fleetwood Mac even though it would only be a month out of her life. Plus, she is just fake - all the fake praise for Glee, Twilight... she is not real, she is always conniving.

The big reason is though is I can't stand her belittling her band mates anymore. What kind of person is she? Certainly not trustworthy. She is coming to Columbus Ohio and I won't be there. She has pretty much lost me.

I love you!!!

jbrownsjr 03-16-2017 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1203643)
It's been that way for me since "Behind the Mask" came out. It was obvious to me back then that she wasn't making Fleetwood Mac a major priority as far as albums go (how she didn't do "Whole Lotta Trouble" with four of the best blues musicians is beyond me). And, I still kind of feel that way. Her Mac songs between 1975-82 were all classics, and most of her Mac songs 1987 onward range between unlistenable to very good.

Judge for yourself:

Rhiannon
Crystal
Landslide
Dreams
I Don't Want To Know
Gold Dust Woman
Silver Springs
Sara
Storms
Sisters of the Moon
Angel
Beautiful Child
Fireflies
That's Alright
Gypsy
Straight Back
--
Seven Wonders
What I See You Again
No Questions Asked
Love Is Dangerous
Affairs of the Heart
Freedom
The Second Time
Paper Doll
Twisted
Sweet Girl
Illume (911)
Thrown Down
Say You Will
Smile At You
Silver Girl
Everybody Finds Out
Destiny Rules
Goodbye Baby
Not Make Believe
Without You

Oh my God... You're right!!!! just by comparison. .

To take you a step further.. Her solo career does the same thing.

svnwndrs 03-16-2017 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1203654)
Oh my God... You're right!!!! just by comparison. .

To take you a step further.. Her solo career does the same thing.

Well I can say "everybody is different" and I honestly don't listen to much of anything Stevie did before the Tusk era. I was born in 1986 and I was brought up on 80's and 90's music and that would put everything from Mirage to the TISL era in that category. Wether we as fans like it or not, Stevie is and always has been influenced by current music and her output from these eras shows that. So your second category hits home with me more than your first, and a lot of that may have to do with the fact that a lot of those 1975-1982 songs are just overplayed and overrated, but for fans my age and younger, we might just find the second era of 1987 and on more fascinating and intriguing because they reflect their time period. Klonopin or no klonopin, and also, maybe I'm over analyzing this :lol:

And I have to add, She was already around 40 years old in the late 80's and back then that seemed ancient. Today, though, it doesn't seem that way. She had a lot of "Co–writes" during this period, but it was probably because of burn out and the klonopin, and age. And she lacked inspiration during this time. Drugs have a lot to do with the "quality" of the songs throughout a music career with longevity, and it will show. After 1986, cocaine was no longer in the picture, and all of a sudden, tranquilizers were. But I can't deny the fact, that I like A LOT of her material from 1986-87 onward. But again, like I said, it's probably because it's not over played and overrated like her stuff from 1975-83. Just my 2 cents.

TheWildHeart67 03-16-2017 10:55 PM

Quote:

She is always blaming her failures on Lindsey and yet, he made her a star
Regarding a previous comment, I don't recall Stevie ever blaming any failures she has had because of Lindsay Buckingham???

aleuzzi 03-16-2017 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1203643)

Judge for yourself:

Rhiannon
Crystal
Landslide
Dreams
I Don't Want To Know
Gold Dust Woman
Silver Springs
Sara
Storms
Sisters of the Moon
Angel
Beautiful Child
Fireflies
That's Alright
Gypsy
Straight Back
--
Seven Wonders
What I See You Again
No Questions Asked
Love Is Dangerous
Affairs of the Heart
Freedom
The Second Time
Paper Doll
Twisted
Sweet Girl
Illume (911)
Thrown Down
Say You Will
Smile At You
Silver Girl
Everybody Finds Out
Destiny Rules
Goodbye Baby
Not Make Believe
Without You

Much of this is true, though I think five of her nine SYW songs are as strong as her best work, and while Sweet Girl isn't among her best, it too is a strong effort.

SteveMacD 03-16-2017 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1203663)
Much of this is true, though I think five of her nine SYW songs are as strong as her best work, and while Sweet Girl isn't among her best, it too is a strong effort.

She definitely has moments, but overall, her songs largely lack the dynamics of her earlier work.

HomerMcvie 03-17-2017 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svnwndrs (Post 1203658)
But I can't deny the fact, that I like A LOT of her material from 1986-87 onward. But again, like I said, it's probably because it's not over played and overrated like her stuff from 1975-83. Just my 2 cents.

75-83 is overrated, and you prefer the later stuff?

Well, that makes 3 of you in the world.:lol::lol::lol:

dreamsunwind 03-17-2017 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1203665)
She definitely has moments, but overall, her songs largely lack the dynamics of her earlier work.

To be fair you could say this about anyone when they get past their prime. Their weaknesses come out. I agree a lot of Stevie's more recent songs are just missing something that her earlier work had but I also think that while Lindsey can still write a good piece, he's got too many noises in his head so he veers towards overproducing. Really you could say it for probably the majority of older artists. Like Paul McCartney for example, he's literally Paul McCartney, but except for his collab with Rihanna and Kanye West, I don't think he's done anything really that great for a very long time.

AncientQueen 03-17-2017 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1203646)

YES! ITA!
Aside from what you wrote, I got lost during IYD and still have to vent about it. :)
The cover alone, Stevie with a white horse, a cover from a young adult romance novel, I did not buy this **** for over a year, just because I don't want this kind of adolescent bull**** near me. But I listened to the album, I really WANTED to like it. She sings duets with Dave Stewart, who also produced - she must be deaf, probably a sideeffect from touring so much. There is no memorable tune at all. When a duet with Lindsey Buckingham is the only acceptable song on an album, I know it's a really bad album (I really don't care for Lindsey as a singer, but he is gold when DS comes in).
AND then the lyrics: Vampires, Twilight? It wasn't that she wasn't even trying, it looked like a bad-writing contest against herself, is she internally 15 or what?
What irks me now is the fact that for all her talk about money, she obviously had no idea who her target group/her fans are when she did IYD. Adoloscents don't buy a Stevie album, period. Noone else could stomach that one.

Jondalar 03-17-2017 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 (Post 1203661)
Regarding a previous comment, I don't recall Stevie ever blaming any failures she has had because of Lindsay Buckingham???

Huh! Do you have selective memory? Have you ignored the last 30 years? That is all she does.

bwboy 03-17-2017 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1203673)
Huh! Do you have selective memory? Have you ignored the last 30 years? That is all she does.

Steve's never had any failures, so how could she blame Lindsey?

sleepless child 03-17-2017 07:10 AM

Doesn't a Fleetwood Mac album outsell Stevie Nicks solo records anyway? So her excuse doesn't hold for me.

TheWildHeart67 03-17-2017 07:54 AM

"Tusk" sold 2 million in 1979 and produced 2 top ten singles. "Bella Donna" sold 5 million since 1981 and produced 2 top ten singles, and one top 15. "Mirage" sold 2 million​ in 1982 and produced 1 top ten and one top 20 single. "The Wild Heart" sold 2 million since 1983, produced a top ten single and one top 15. "Rock a little" sold a million in 1985 and produced one top ten single and one top 20. "Tango in the night sold 3 million since 1987 and produced 2 top ten singles and 2 more top 20 hits. " The other side of the mirror" sold one million since 1989 and one top 20 hit. "Behind the Mask" sold 500,000 in 1990 and no top 30 hits. " Street Angel" peaked at #45 in 1994 and sold poorly but later certified gold. " The Dance" sold about 5 million since 1997. "Trouble in Shangri la" sold about 650,000 since 2001 and "Say you will" about 800,000 since 2003. All these figures are approximant and US sales, not worldwide totals. I'm only including albums released just before her solo career launched and afterwards.

ryan4136 03-17-2017 10:35 AM

I truly think Buck/McV are slow playing things as much as they can with the hope SN comes around, they can add her stuff in quickly, and boom it's a MAC album.

TheWildHeart67 03-17-2017 11:19 AM

I don't think they are slow playing up the BM album in hopes of Stevie joining in at the last minute. I think that ship has sailed for this project.

jbrownsjr 03-17-2017 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan4136 (Post 1203692)
I truly think Buck/McV are slow playing things as much as they can with the hope SN comes around, they can add her stuff in quickly, and boom it's a MAC album.

I think the cat is already out of the bag.

elle 03-17-2017 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan4136 (Post 1203692)

they did.... since 2014. they finally decided it's not worth the wait.

jbrownsjr 03-17-2017 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1203735)
they did.... since 2014. they finally decided it's not worth the wait.

The undertone of the article is that the further they wrote together, the more they understood it was about the two of them and Stevie probably would have ruined it.

olive 03-17-2017 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1203737)
The undertone of the article is that the further they wrote together, the more they understood it was about the two of them and Stevie probably would have ruined it.

She was too busy trashing Lindsey and her latest interview

Default Stevie in Q Magazine (March, 2017)
10 COMMANDMENTS: STEVIE NICKS - Q Magazine, March 2017
THE FLEETWOOD MAC SINGER DELIVERS HER GOLDEN RULES FOR LIVING.

1 MAKE LIKE A BOY OR GIRL SCOUT: BE PREPARED

I’m scared, that’s what I am. Before shows, some people – me, Mick [Fleetwood, [ drummer], we get panic attacks. I have always been terribly nervous before shows. So I am so rehearsed and ready that I could be dead and stand up there and still sing the right words and do the right thing. Cocaine almost killed me. It’s better to just not do it. Eventually you’ll have to stop so start saving your money for rehab now.

2 THE DRUGS DON’T WORK, THEY JUST MAKE IT WORSE

Touring with Fleetwood Mac in the ’70s, cocaine was almost part of the daily routine. But when I talk about it now, I would never want the kids of today to think that I’m saying it was something good. Cos it really wasn’t something good. It almost destroyed my life. It almost killed me, and almost killed a lot of people I know. So if anybody thinks it’s safe now – it’s not. It’s better to just not do it. Because you will eventually have to stop, so start saving your money for rehab now. It’s so expensive.

3 LYRICISTS! WATCH YOUR CUSS WORDS

I’ve been listening to The Weeknd’s records. I play them one after the other when I’m in my bathroom getting ready to go out, or just hanging out with myself. He’s brilliant. And his voice – he could have come straight out of 1975 – he could have been like Stevie Winwood. He’s over-talented. But if I were to meet him, I would probably say: “You say over and over again words that I would prefer you didn’t say. I think they’re unnecessary. However, even though I think a lot of your songs are super-dirty, I still really like ’em! So I’ve given you a pass on that!”

4 SINGERS! WATCH YOUR SYLLABLES

I saw Adele at the Grammys [Adele had to restart a performance of George Michael’s Fastlove], and that song was a very hard song to sing for George Michael. It’s all about the syllables. I have a song on my 24 Karat Gold album, Mabel Normand, that’s exactly the same. That’s the reason we’re not doing it onstage. Because if you take a breath, you get off the beat. You’re one word too late, you can never get back on, and you’re dead in the water.

5 YOU’RE A ROCK STAR – THERE’S NO SUCH THING AS A SICKIE

Onstage is the one time you can’t bemoan how you feel. Even if you have pneumonia, you have to say: “I’m leaving that in the dressing room and I’m walking out and I’m gonna be great. And when I come offstage, then I can burst into tears.”

6 WRITING TIMELESS POP OR EPIC FANTASY – EACH IS AS HARD AS THE OTHER

I love Game Of Thrones. [Author Author] George RR Martin is my age [68 ] and it blows my mind that he’s able to create this vast, interlinked world. As a songwriter I write little movies, but I can’t imagine writing even one small book. But then, probably, somebody like him would say, “I couldn’t imagine writing Landslide.”

7 DON’T FEAR THE PRODUCER

In the 24 Karat Gold show, I’m singing songs that are new old songs – the ones that should have gone on [Fleetwood Mac’s] Tusk and Tango In The Night, and on [solo albums] Bella Donna, The Wild Heart and Rock A Little. And they didn’t: not because they weren’t good enough, but because I didn’t like how they were done at the time. I didn’t like the producers’ concept, whether it was Lindsey [Buckingham, Fleetwood Mac bandmate] or Jimmy Iovine. So I pulled them. So the way the songs are recorded on 24 Karat Gold is exactly how they were done as demos.

8 LEARN FROM THE GREATS. AND TAKE FROM THE GREATS

I give Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin and [Jefferson Airplane singer] Grace Slick the three nods. From Grace I got her slinky-ness. Janis was just little with a big attitude and big hair and feathers, and a drop-dead amazing voice. And Jimi was completely and utterly humble. So from those three people I got slinky, attitude and humility – and that was my stage performance.

9 RESPECT OTHER ARTISTS, WHEREVER THEY ARE ON THE BILL

Chrissie Hynde and I have been touring America together. She’s just fantastic. A lot of the people in her group say they haven’t seen her that happy in 30 years. And I love that so much. Because I never wanted Chrissie to feel like she was opening for me. I wanted her to feel that it was a complete and utter double bill. But because the tour was my idea, I got to go on last, basically.

10 BE AN EASY WRITER, AND AN EASY ROCKER

I’ve always loved Tom Petty, from Refugee to Breakdown, all thosesongs. Tom’s an easy writer – very unlike Lindsey, more like myself. When Tom goes up there onstage, he might as well be in his studio or his living room with the stereo banging.

jbrownsjr 03-17-2017 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olive (Post 1203738)
She was too busy trashing Lindsey and her latest interview

Default Stevie in Q Magazine (March, 2017)

10 BE AN EASY WRITER, AND AN EASY ROCKER

I’ve always loved Tom Petty, from Refugee to Breakdown, all thosesongs. Tom’s an easy writer – very unlike Lindsey, more like myself. When Tom goes up there onstage, he might as well be in his studio or his living room with the stereo banging.

She is utterly classless. Meeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee .... meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee