The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   FM Trending (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=53443)

Bandon 03-27-2014 02:48 PM

FM Trending

Because of the news, FM is not only trending on twitter, Christine is currently trending at #1 and Stevie is at #6 on Yahoo :D

welcomechris 03-27-2014 03:04 PM

Good!! Fleetwood Mac Will Be On The Front Page Tommorow

mottabam 03-27-2014 03:08 PM

That is great. What I've noticed over the past two days, especially today, is that a lot of young people are really excited about this tour. My kids have friends in high school who are absolutely thrilled to go see Fleetwood Mac and are talking about it. Many of the comments I scrolled through on twitter were from teenagers excited about the reunion. Many would likely go see a solo Stevie Nicks show as well but this reunion of these 5 people is stirring a ton of talk on social media. The Mac has been able to reach a new generation with their music, and I look forward to seeing the younger people at the concerts. Hopefully there will be a new CD to help this current momentum.

mottabam 03-27-2014 03:21 PM

Fleetwood Mac is also the MOST Viewed Concert Tour on Pollstar.com this entire afternoon so far.

jbrownsjr 03-27-2014 03:22 PM

Trending on FB too.

KenshiMaster16 03-27-2014 03:26 PM

Fleetwood Mac certainly have been added into the minds of the youngsters and thankfully, I think we have a lot of things to thank for that; American Horror Story, Sound City, all the recent covers (Paramore, Lady Antebellum, ect) Glee especially saw Rumours sales skyrocket. A whole new generation is embracing them and even though I'm a youngster myself, it warms my heart knowing that even with radio stations that constantly play nothing but generic crap, good music is still finding a home with a lot of young people of my generation.

welcomechris 03-27-2014 03:28 PM

Fleetwood Mac is #1 On Google News' Entertainment Center!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mottabam 03-27-2014 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 (Post 1123432)
Fleetwood Mac certainly have been added into the minds of the youngsters and thankfully, I think we have a lot of things to thank for that; American Horror Story, Sound City, all the recent covers (Paramore, Lady Antebellum, ect) Glee especially saw Rumours sales skyrocket. A whole new generation is embracing them and even though I'm a youngster myself, it warms my heart knowing that even with radio stations that constantly play nothing but generic crap, good music is still finding a home with a lot of young people of my generation.

Well said!

loverly13 03-27-2014 03:48 PM

I work in social media and I'm seriously fascinated by the way FM handles (or rather, doesn't) their social accounts. I manage some entertainment brands, so of course, all I see are opportunities to take advantage of platforms like Facebook and Twitter. I'd be really curious to find out who handles that stuff for them (agency or record label? Assistants?).

For example, it's obviously a momentous occasion now, but what's going to happen between ticket sales in April and the beginning of the tour at the end of September? They hardly ever update their page, and I worry they'll lose this buzz. But if they play it right, they could really create a steady stream of discussion – not just among us superfans – that would be beneficial going into the tour.

Just a thought. I'd love to figure out how to work with them! I know they probably don't care at their age, but I'm just starting out (I'm only 22). My parents have been hardcore into Fleetwood Mac since the beginning (my dad just dug out his Buckingham Nicks vinyl), so I've been aware for forever. But I've definitely seen this trend of younger people being really into Fleetwood Mac emerge recently. I just see so many chances to capitalize on that and draw in more crowds.

welcomechris 03-27-2014 05:27 PM

Fleetwood Mac Is Also At The Top Of http://www.cnn.com/entertainment

HomerMcvie 03-28-2014 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bandon (Post 1123420)
Because of the news, FM is not only trending on twitter, Christine is currently trending at #1 and Stevie is at #6 on Yahoo :D

I wanna buy everybody a drink, or marry someone, or some sh*t.

F*cking YEE FU*CKING HAW!!!!!!!!!!!

And I'm springing for the best seat that I can get(and I don't do that, Imma f*cking tightass).

I think this will probably be the last hurrah... I gotta go out on top!

MoonSister75 03-28-2014 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1123567)
I wanna buy everybody a drink, or marry someone, or some sh*t.

F*cking YEE FU*CKING HAW!!!!!!!!!!!

And I'm springing for the best seat that I can get(and I don't do that, Imma f*cking tightass).

I think this will probably be the last hurrah... I gotta go out on top!

:laugh: I like your spirit! Christine feels like a pig in poo about this reunion, and I intend to join her! :o