The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Time flies (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58685)

ryan4136 05-17-2019 07:23 PM

Time flies
 
The Dance is as close to the White Album as it is to today. :distress:

aleuzzi 05-17-2019 08:22 PM

That is sad. Between the white album and THE DANCE exists a modest amount of legendary albums (and two subpar but not worthless studio efforts with non-Rumours lineups.) Between THE DANCE and today exists one studio album, several cash grab tours, lots of nostalgia articles, and a good deal of solo work, mostly from the bandís former main creative instigator.

I loved when Mac did an album a year, and then an album every two years. A long long long time ago....

jmn3 05-18-2019 09:57 AM

I was 16 when The Dance was released and really got into the Mac. I remember watching that Behind the Music over and over and searching forever to find more of the Mirage Tour video than the GYOW clip that was in that episode. Songs from 1975 and 1977 seemed SO OLD to me back then...it blows my mind to think that we are as far away from that summer of 1997 as we were to 1975 at that time.

And how the hell did I become 38?

BLY 05-18-2019 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1252708)
I was 16 when The Dance was released and really got into the Mac. I remember watching that Behind the Music over and over and searching forever to find more of the Mirage Tour video than the GYOW clip that was in that episode. Songs from 1975 and 1977 seemed SO OLD to me back then...it blows my mind to think that we are as far away from that summer of 1997 as we were to 1975 at that time.

And how the hell did I become 38?


I hear you. I was 16 years old in 1977 when I heard I Donít Want to Know on the radio and I was hooked for life.....I thought this band was in their late twenties how much music will I get from them? 😎

petep9000 05-20-2019 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1252708)

And how the hell did I become 38?

Oh honey, it just gets worse too. Believe me, haha.

Dragon 05-22-2019 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1252706)
That is sad. Between the white album and THE DANCE exists a modest amount of legendary albums (and two subpar but not worthless studio efforts with non-Rumours lineups.) Between THE DANCE and today exists one studio album, several cash grab tours, lots of nostalgia articles, and a good deal of solo work, mostly from the bandís former main creative instigator.

I loved when Mac did an album a year, and then an album every two years. A long long long time ago....

If you count solo releases, there was a new album from the band or a member yearly until several years ago.

elle 05-22-2019 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon (Post 1252865)
If you count solo releases, there was a new album from the band or a member yearly until several years ago.

Yup because a few years ago FM greatest hits tours intensified and even if band members made new albums others in the band were stepping on them and not allowing time to put those out. Although I guess several years ago is really less then 2 years ago when BuckVie came out.

Villavic 06-11-2019 12:06 PM

I was comparing Eagles and Rolling Stones discography since 1997. There are not many studio albums. RS did release 3 but Eagles just 1 (not including GH or compilations). Don't know about other bands (from the 70s) who are still active, many of them are disbanded. So probably it is a common thing the lack of willing about releasing new material.

aleuzzi 06-11-2019 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon (Post 1252865)
If you count solo releases, there was a new album from the band or a member yearly until several years ago.

I don't count the solo albums. They are interesting and often rewarding (OOTC is particularly excellent) but the collective energy of the five was special. I wish they committed to far more band studio projects.

HomerMcvie 06-11-2019 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1253148)
I was comparing Eagles and Rolling Stones discography since 1997. There are not many studio albums. RS did release 3 but Eagles just 1 (not including GH or compilations). Don't know about other bands (from the 70s) who are still active, many of them are disbanded. So probably it is a common thing the lack of willing about releasing new material.

The Eagles LROOE debuted at #1, and sold 700K copies. Not bad in today's market.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved