The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Songs From The Vault 2 or new studio album? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57581)

secret love 11-03-2017 07:15 AM

Songs From The Vault 2 or new studio album?

Do you think there will be a Songs From The Vault 2?

If you could choose, would you prefer a brand new album a la In Your Dreams or a SFTV 2?

Discuss.

mitzo 11-03-2017 07:27 AM

Definitely want a Vault 2 rather than a IYD. The vault songs are pure Stevie in all her weird glory. IYD was OK but mostly co-written stuff trying really hard to be pop hits.

Feather Blade 11-03-2017 11:47 AM

Something brand new please. No desire for demo songs.

Jondalar 11-03-2017 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1218319)
Definitely want a Vault 2 rather than a IYD. The vault songs are pure Stevie in all her weird glory. IYD was OK but mostly co-written stuff trying really hard to be pop hits.

I want Vault 2 and totally agree with Mitzo. Songs from the Vault was easily one of of her best albums.

Macfan4life 11-03-2017 05:42 PM

Maybe a combination of old songs and new songs is best. Isn't that the formula that has always brought her the most success.
I just wish the music was spiced up. I would love to see her do a hard rock album. Almost AC/DC style. I think her voice is so good for that.

Nathan 11-03-2017 08:34 PM

I would like to hear City of Hope, Julia, Something Exquisite, and Sanctuary redone. And some new new songs. So a good mix, in my opinion.

24karatstevie 11-03-2017 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan (Post 1218337)
I would like to hear City of Hope, Julia, Something Exquisite, and Sanctuary redone. And some new new songs. So a good mix, in my opinion.

YES to Julia and Something Exquisite!

BLY 11-05-2017 04:48 PM

I think at this point a Vault 2 makes the most sense. She can always put a couple of new songs on it. I don't see an album of " new music" if she won't even participate in a MAC album.

Richard B 11-06-2017 10:14 AM

I'd like a Vault 2. But also hope to see:
Rock A Little Deluxe
The Other Side of the Mirror Deluxe
Live concert from 24K Tour w/Blu-ray/CD package

bombaysaffires 11-06-2017 09:44 PM

New stuff.

storms_x 11-07-2017 09:02 PM

I'm fine with either, but if it's a "new" album, I'd prefer a producer other than Dave Stewart.

StreetAngel86 11-08-2017 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secret love (Post 1218318)
Do you think there will be a Songs From The Vault 2?

If you could choose, would you prefer a brand new album a la In Your Dreams or a SFTV 2?

Discuss.

definitely SFTV 2.
soooo much potential that we already know is great.
the world needs shiny copies of that greatness :D

Wing24 11-08-2017 01:30 AM

I vote for an official album. She has gone through so much the last few years I have no doubt that she has some killer songs. Throw on a couple of "Vault" songs. Jimmy Iovine and Sheryl Crow co-produce. An official SFTV V2 can always come out in a couple years.

sadmabelnormand 11-09-2017 09:09 PM

I personally would love a new album with some old songs thrown in, maybe half and half. If she were to do a 12 song album, I'd want Julia, China Doll,
What Has Rock and Roll Ever Done For You?, Space Needle, The Charmed Ones (City of Hope),
and Jimmy Come on Back paired with 6 new songs.

I think that What Has Rock and Roll Ever Done For You? would be a fantastic lead single. Having Sheryl Crow back would be magnificent, maybe if she and Dave worked as a pair to produce the album.

Macfan4life 11-10-2017 05:55 AM

Rock A Little is my least favorite studio album. However, I would be thrilled to have a deluxe edition. Some of the demos or songs that never made it to the album are better than the album tracks IMHO. I love the RAL version of Running through the garden.
Oh please keep Sheryl Crow far away from any Stevie studio album. She destroyed TISRL IMHO. Some great songs on the album but so many lack creativity and a musical punch. The music is so watered down. The first several tracks on the album have the exact same beat. I think a better producer could have added some flavor. That album was a lost opportunity IMHO.