The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   this is what's keeping me up at night (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=30123)

Aisling 12-01-2006 12:36 PM

this is what's keeping me up at night

there are a couple of threads in other forums on the board about this alleged stevie nicks film that would star lindsay lohan and possibly jared leto. i have to wonder that with casting that heinous, who will they get to play christine? you know it's going to be someone horrible, like hilary duff or heaven forbid, one of the simpson sisters. :eek:

i hope the whole movie is one big rumour, because i don't think i could stomach watching anyone pretend to be christine. . .even if it's only in passing through a commercial or a trailer! no no no! wrong wrong wrong!

nix4life 12-01-2006 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aisling (Post 607639)
i have to wonder that with casting that heinous, who will they get to play christine? !

in one of those many threads about this movie
i suggested we come up with the dream cast -
mine was:

mick - the really tall alien from close encounters of the third kind
john - humphrey bogart
stev and lindsey - bette davis and joan crawford - or abbot and costello (if going for the docucomedy) or maybe godzilla and monster x

chris was the hardest for me - and the only good one i could come up with was dixie carter with a dye job -
that same kind of class and charm with the way they carry themselves - but once you get em riled up - look out

and i think someone should give you a rap on the knuckles for even mentioning those simpson girls in the same thread as Classtine McVie :rolleyes:

DavidMn 12-01-2006 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aisling (Post 607639)
there are a couple of threads in other forums on the board about this alleged stevie nicks film that would star lindsay lohan and possibly jared leto. i have to wonder that with casting that heinous, who will they get to play christine? you know it's going to be someone horrible, like hilary duff or heaven forbid, one of the simpson sisters. :eek:

i hope the whole movie is one big rumour, because i don't think i could stomach watching anyone pretend to be christine. . .even if it's only in passing through a commercial or a trailer! no no no! wrong wrong wrong!

I'm with you on that and the others. It's just too hard for me to accept anyone but the real thing when it comes to Fleetwood Mac.

macfan 57 12-01-2006 07:16 PM

I'll admit that I don't know who Lindsey Lohan & Jared Leto are, but I wouldn't really want to see someone else portray Christine in a movie. It would be just too weird. Hopefully, this is only a rumor.

aleuzzi 12-01-2006 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macfan 57 (Post 608035)
I'll admit that I don't know who Lindsey Lohan & Jared Leto are, but I wouldn't really want to see someone else portray Christine in a movie. It would be just too weird. Hopefully, this is only a rumor.

While I agree with you MacFan, I'm a little surprised you don't know who Lohan and Leto are! Actually, the fact you don't is pretty darn awesome.

Whoever would play Christine would have to pull off a British accent--so that would rule out the Ashley Simpson/Hillary Duff contingent. I'm thinking, maybe, Catherine Keener!

SortaSavageLike 12-01-2006 11:37 PM

Who could play Christine?

My Aunt Sue, with a little bit of pancake makeup. Seriously, the resemblance is rather disturbing.

Aisling 12-01-2006 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nix4life
and i think someone should give you a rap on the knuckles for even mentioning those simpson girls in the same thread as Classtine McVie

believe me, i was definitely not advocating them in any way. it's just the kind of nightmarish casting i can see happening eventually. shudder.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMn
I'm with you on that and the others. It's just too hard for me to accept anyone but the real thing when it comes to Fleetwood Mac.

it's weird, isn't it? i can't even picture what "dream cast" would be, because i don't want to see a biopic of any of their lives. i want the real thing! not something stitched and stuffed and made into a turkey of a movie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by macfan 57

you are so lucky. i think the entire world would be better off not knowing who lindsey lohan is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi
I'm thinking, maybe, Catherine Keener!

well now you've done it! just when i say i am in no way supportive of this film, you have to go and bring up the imaginary love of my life. :D i would absolutely go and see it multiple times if catherine played christine. and if you thrown in alan rickman for good measure, i'll even buy it when it comes out on DVD. :laugh:

macfan 57 12-02-2006 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 608187)
While I agree with you MacFan, I'm a little surprised you don't know who Lohan and Leto are! Actually, the fact you don't is pretty darn awesome.

Whoever would play Christine would have to pull off a British accent--so that would rule out the Ashley Simpson/Hillary Duff contingent. I'm thinking, maybe, Catherine Keener!

Well, I don't know who Ashley Simpson & Hillary Duff are either.:laugh: Aisling mentioned Alan Rickman...I do know him.:thumbsup:

ThePenguin 12-02-2006 09:08 PM

I've always thought Helen Hunt could pull off a pretty good Chris, if she could nail the accent.

-Lis

ontheEdgeof17 12-02-2006 11:34 PM

How about Kate Hudson? She kinda has the look. I doubt that her acting skills could do justice, though.

bretonbanquet 12-03-2006 10:08 AM

It should be a British actress, surely? Helen Mirren could do a fine "older Christine" and there are a few others to do the younger version. Of course, you guys won't have heard of them :(

electronicstorm 12-07-2006 01:51 PM

I think Kirmit The Frog would play a great Stevie Nicks. Their voice is quite similar! :nod:

Gailh 12-07-2006 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by electronicstorm (Post 611041)
I think Kirmit The Frog would play a great Stevie Nicks. Their voice is quite similar! :nod:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Naughty!

Gail

nix4life 12-07-2006 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bretonbanquet (Post 609036)
It should be a British actress, surely? Helen Mirren could do a fine "older Christine" and there are a few others to do the younger version. Of course, you guys won't have heard of them :(

you are right - haven't heard of them - anything to recommend that they have been in as a good film for a newbie to their work?

Quote:

:p bob barker with have a hard time with the ledge . . .

the fur flies so often :D

HomerMcvie 12-07-2006 03:42 PM

Quote:

Ian, it's soooo nice having you over on this board!!!
:laugh: :blob2: :blob2: :blob2: :blob2: :blob2: :blob2: :blob2: :laugh: