The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Cheri Caspari (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=39343)

CADreaming 03-16-2009 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 806700)
I thought it was funny in BTM when Stevie pointed out that she was with Lindsey before he had money and was famous. Michele

I believe she also said, "I loved Lindsey for the RIGHT reasons."

CADreaming 03-16-2009 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 806707)
I agree that Lindsey was probably lonely. He always likes to be with someone it seems. But I don't think Lindsey wanted kids. I mean, the second and third, of course, but that first time seemed to come as a surprise to him. Obviously, once it was a fait accompli, he must have liked it more than he believed possible. But I don't think he was out looking for that. I think it was Ken who said in Mojo that Lindsey resented the pregnancy at first, but then melted when the baby arrived.

Michele

I don't think he resented the pregnancy. Lindsey was talking about the "possibility" of fatherhood before October 1997 in press on the Dance tour. It sounded planned...

I'm sure that he did have his doubts about his role as father and just the overwhelming aspect of it all though...especially for someone like him who had been used to everything being all about him. Like Stevie said on his BTM, the children made it most impossible for them (him) to remain selfish rock stars.

michelej1 03-16-2009 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nico (Post 806705)
Here's my thing: I think Kristen has a strong personality, but do you guys actually think she controls Lindsey? I mean, he looks like he frigg'n does what HE wants and is the man. I'm sure he's softened a bit, but I hardly think he's letting her boss him around or hold his balls in her purse. He probably shuts her up with the magic cards...I'm just sayin'...my best friend's husband is a bit of a chauvinist and quite a man's man and she's got a strong personality but will succumb because she wants for nothing and he is generous. :shrug: That's what I think...

I don't think anyone bosses him around. I mean, I think she gets her way in all the things he doesn't care about (like home decorating). But in those he does, I don't think anyone bulldozes him. After all, when he said that Stella was pushy and intense, he said she was just like him, not her mother ;).

On the other hand, you know he could feel kind of vulnerable. If she was the type to threaten to leave every time she didn't get her way, he could fear not being a full time parent and also having to shell out half of his property to the ex. So, she has a little leverage. It's difficult to be in a position (and this is true in FM too) where you have the most to lose. I'm glad that it wasn't that way for him in the band in its hey day. I'm glad he wasn't the one most afraid of the consequences of leaving and I hope that his marriage is a good one and he has no fears or threats there either.

Thinking about his appeal, I know I am probably reading an interest that these women never had, but it always made me laugh at AHI when Sheryl Crow was hugging him at the end. With her arm firmly locked around his waist, I got the impression she thought he was "strong enough" to be her man. Also, when they were on Leno and Sandra Bullock was a guest, she seemed to be awfully quick to run out and hug him when FM's performance was over. I think he could not only get avaricious women, but also women who are successful in their own right, if he put his mind to it.

Michele

michelej1 03-16-2009 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 806713)
I don't think he resented the pregnancy. Lindsey was talking about the "possibility" of fatherhood before October 1997 in press on the Dance tour. It sounded planned...

With the album lyrics, combined with Ken's comment:

Quote:

Reconciliation came - slowly - out of the band reunions and, probably, a mellowing in Buckingham. Ken Caillat quotes a recent conversation: “He said, ’I’m a selfish guy.’ Which is true, he’s all about me, me, me. He admitted he had even been angry about having a child to start with. Then one day the kid grabbed his little finger and he just got it. He understood there was another world out there.
I just get the impression that the pregnancy took him by surprise. But obviously, he was committed, because in this day and age you don't have to marry someone or stay with them just because you've conceived a child together. So, he obviously wanted to be with her and clearly revels in being a dad now.

Michele

Michelle Daya 03-16-2009 10:46 PM

does anyone know when the divorce was final? maybe he couldn't marry her?

CADreaming 03-16-2009 10:46 PM

Yeah, the quote I am referring to - acutally a couple are from August 1997. He was talking about fatherhood being an option.

CADreaming 03-16-2009 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle Daya (Post 806717)
does anyone know when the divorce was final? maybe he couldn't marry her?

He lived with all his girlfriends so I don't think that was the issue....

But, I am curious about the finalization of the divorce too.

Nico 03-16-2009 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 806715)
Thinking about his appeal, I know I am probably reading an interest that these women never had, but it always made me laugh at AHI when Sheryl Crow was hugging him at the end. With her arm firmly locked around his waist, I got the impression she thought he was "strong enough" to be her man. Also, when they were on Leno and Sandra Bullock was a guest, she seemed to be awfully quick to run out and hug him when FM's performance was over. I think he could not only get avaricious women, but also women who are successful in their own right, if he put his mind to it.

Michele

I never got to see this AHI of which you speak, but I would love to see Sheryl Crow on him.

Saw Sandra Bullock...I adore her.

Kathie Lee Gifford was kinda fawning on him. And when I saw him in New York in '07 some lady in the audience was, like, giving him a back rub as he was turned around playing guitar while pressed up against her- free willingly mind you. I'm sure it's quite obvious he can turn on the charm. I mean, with eyes like that?

Michelle Daya 03-16-2009 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 806718)
Yeah, the quote I am referring to - acutally a couple are from August 1997. He was talking about fatherhood being an option.

yeah it just seemed like he was ready to settle down and have kids :shrug:

CADreaming 03-16-2009 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nico (Post 806721)
I never got to see this AHI of which you speak, but I would love to see Sheryl Crow on him.

Kathie Lee Gifford was kinda fawning on him. And when I saw him in New York in '07 some lady in the audience was, like, giving him a back rub as he was turned around playing guitar while pressed up against her- free willingly mind you. I'm sure it's quite obvious he can turn on the charm. I mean, with eyes like that?

I think he does bring out the blubbering idiot in women, no doubt. There's a reason Stevie writes about those eyes....:D and now she's a 60 year old woman pretend skating onstage in front of thousands of people with him... see what happens... ;)

Nico 03-16-2009 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 806723)
I think he does bring out the blubbering idiot in women, no doubt. There's a reason Stevie writes about those eyes....:D and now she's a 60 year old woman pretend skating onstage in front of thousands of people with him... see what happens... ;)

When I met him and told him how I felt about his music, he said, "Thank you so much sweetheart," then looked me right in the eye and started batting them at me- or whatever he does where he repeatedly blinks them. Then he gave me a once over, very matter-of-factly, and a big smile, and moved on. He's a very sexy guy...but you all knew that. ;)

michelej1 03-16-2009 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 806719)
He lived with all his girlfriends so I don't think that was the issue....

But, I am curious about the finalization of the divorce too.

Well, the court's website doesn't say. Actually, it still says "pending" but that is not accurate. We have what they call "fast track," a delay reduction program. No dissolution proceeding would be allowed to pend for 13 years. Even if there were unresolved property or custody issues, the dissolution would either be granted or the case would be dismissed. It wouldn't just keep "pending." Anyway, that information was never updated, so I don't know when it was final.

Michele

michelej1 03-16-2009 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nico (Post 806721)

Well, in all fairness, after he did his little Big Love/Go Insane bit, Waddy was kind of waiting by the side of the stage for him and Waddy put his arm around him and they walked off the stage together, with their arms around each other. So, it wasn't just Sheryl who was on him:laugh:.

But I think they all came out for some sort of group song or something at the end and Sheryl was next to him and had a pretty tight hold. I was like, "Hey! Watch it."

Michele

LukeA 03-16-2009 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 806607)
Just curious Luke - did Gary tell you this personally?

He's a friend/colleague of a friend/colleague. The source is impeccable. I briefly met him (Gary) in Fall '02, but we didn't talk about anything of substance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 806607)
Also, did Gary tell you he was the reason for GOS to be held up?

I'd put most of the responsibility (blame) on David Kahne. Simply put, he had no idea what to do with Fleetwood Mac, Lindsey Buckingham, or even Stevie Nicks (as evidenced by how he handled TISL. but, that's for a whole other thread)- and was mortified at the thought of releasing GOS (as it stood in 1998) as-is. I think a lot of it had to do with the then-recent merger between AOL-Time Warner, and Kahne (commercial hitmaker/producer extraordinaire) entirely focused on the bottom line. Kahne was merely the interim acting President, so he logically had a vested interest in keeping (perceived) vanity projects by legacy/catalogue artists in line (Stevie applies here too).

Keep in mind, Kahne and Briggs are the two dunderheaded idiots who blundered the whole Wilco/Yankee Hotel Foxtrot fiasco (which went on at the exact same time as the drawn out GOS negotiations, not too coincidentally). Briggs famously offered his mea culpa in numerous print interviews (and the Greg Kot authored Wilco book, which he's heavily featured in, if anyone's interested), but he was complicit.

Hell, even when they gave Lindsey the green light to release GOS in early summer of '01 strategically on the heels of TISL (after he wrote the commercial "Peacekeeper" as a new lead single), they wanted Lindsey to make the concession of having Mick be prominently involved in the promotional aspect. They even went as far as having a Fall '01 tour all lined up- 1500-2000 seat venues for "An evening with Lindsey & Mick"- and Lindsey ultimately bailed, acknowledging the inevitable FM activity in '02, making the tour/album redundant.

That aside- did Briggs intentionally try to sabotage the release of GOS? I tend to doubt it. But there was no love lost between the two. Briggs worked VERY closely with Lindsey in the mid 90's. I'm sure if you're trying to get an album out, and you just "stole" the wife of your label's VP of Artist Development/Promotion, you're bound to get some pushback from the label on some level. Reprise was already wary of a solo album of Lindsey's, and they weren't going to make it easy for him even in the best case scenario.

From everything I've heard, Briggs is a great guy- one of the good guys in the music industry (he's still around). If you want to blame anyone, blame the asshat Kahne.

marinnette 03-17-2009 04:34 AM

WHOAAA Luke, u got plenty of amazing information. And after reading this, I only can repeat: tell me lies, Kristen Messner.

All the photography tale is bull****. Lindsey, who works with briggs, doesn't know anything about a wife named Kristen, what could be possible, but improbable. Which is almost impossible is that Kristen didn't know anything about "a guy" (as she says) called Lindsey Buckingham. If your boyfriend or husband works for LB, FM, Bruce Springsteen or even if it is Miley Cyrus, come on, you know, even if he's very used to work with famous people.

Going back to the matter of age...I don't think it has nothing to do. Lindsey is a very very hot man, extremely atractive, charming...I would have done the same. Maybe not marrying him or coming with a surprise as her pregnancy (which really drove LB mad at the beginning and inspired "thrown down I believe) but come on, giving it a try, yes (though personaly would have been a great disaster since I am very bossy, not that much with others, but with myself and I always do what I please).
What Michele posted, Stevie in BTM...is just another confirmation of my thesis.
Please, FOX, NBC, CBS, etc...we want the Stevie Nicks show!!! she doesn't talk, she throws daggers!