The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I've been thinking... (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=53097)

singertobe 01-03-2014 03:05 AM

I've been thinking...

We always ship Lindsey and Stevie. I have seen so many fanfictions where they get back together. We all go crazy when they interact on stage and have been since the Rumours days...
But then when it comes to John and Christine, we never really say anything.
Is there anyone out there who thinks John and Christine should get back together?:wavey:

brickney723 01-03-2014 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by singertobe (Post 1115654)
We always ship Lindsey and Stevie. I have seen so many fanfictions where they get back together. We all go crazy when they interact on stage and have been since the Rumours days...
But then when it comes to John and Christine, we never really say anything.
Is there anyone out there who thinks John and Christine should get back together?:wavey:

My opinion is they did not have a mutually passionate relationship- at all.

michelej1 01-03-2014 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brickney723 (Post 1115659)
My opinion is they did not have a mutually passionate relationship- at all.

I think they did once, but since they parted, it's hard for me to imagine that she's wanted him back. Him on the other hand ... I think he's still in love.

Michele

MoonSister75 01-03-2014 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1115660)
I think they did once, but since they parted, it's hard for me to imagine that she's wanted him back. Him on the other hand ... I think he's still in love.

Michele

From what I just heard of Christine's interview she sounds quite happy on her own at the moment. It seems that John has got a good relationship with his wife. But I'm sure there is still a lot of love there...

SteveMacD 01-03-2014 03:32 AM

I think the McVies cherish what they had, but realize it ended and it's still over, and are able to be friends.

Now Christine and Mick...

MoonSister75 01-03-2014 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1115662)
I think the McVies cherish what they had, but realize it ended and it's still over, and are able to be friends.

Now Christine and Mick...

:shocked: I hadn't thought about that one. Stevie and Mick had crossed my mind?? He is single again isn't he? :rolleyes:

SteveMacD 01-03-2014 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonSister75 (Post 1115663)
:shocked: I hadn't thought about that one. Stevie and Mick had crossed my mind?? He is single again isn't he? :rolleyes:

There's a pic from Q Magazine circa 1987 (I don't think Lindsey had quit, yet) that had a pic of Mick and Chris. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear they'd make a cute couple.

michelej1 01-03-2014 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonSister75 (Post 1115663)

He said he had a girlfriend a few months back.

I think Christine may be a little too preoccupied with his big belly to see him as a love interest.

Michele

michelej1 01-03-2014 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1115664)
There's a pic from Q Magazine circa 1987 (I don't think Lindsey had quit, yet) that had a pic of Mick and Chris. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear they'd make a cute couple.

Holidayroad posted this one recently. Nice photo of her on Mick's chest.

http://i54.tinypic.com/a9pwdi.jpg

SteveMacD 01-03-2014 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1115665)
He said he had a girlfriend a few months back.

I think Christine may be a little too preoccupied with his big belly to see him as a love interest.

She didn't say that was a turn-off...

SteveMacD 01-03-2014 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1115666)
Holidayroad posted this one recently. Nice photo of her on Mick's chest.

http://i54.tinypic.com/a9pwdi.jpg

No. This one was just of Mick and Chris, both wearing hats, from 1987.

singertobe 01-03-2014 04:11 AM

Yeah I just wondered why we never pay much attention to the McVie relationship. Its always fascinating to me how John and Christine were seemingly able to be really good friends, while Lindsey and Stevie still supposedly have issues with each other.

michelej1 01-03-2014 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1115668)
No. This one was just of Mick and Chris, both wearing hats, from 1987.

Yeah, I knew that you weren't referencing a Tusk-era photo. I just thought that this was an interesting one of the 2 of them as well.

Michele

michelej1 01-03-2014 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by singertobe (Post 1115669)
Yeah I just wondered why we never pay much attention to the McVie relationship. Its always fascinating to me how John and Christine were seemingly able to be really good friends, while Lindsey and Stevie still supposedly have issues with each other.

Ironically, there was a time when Christine said just the opposite. She said that she and John avoided each other while Stevie and Lindsey could actually get along quite well, when they were working on a song.

Michele

SteveMacD 01-03-2014 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by singertobe (Post 1115669)

I think it's because, at least during the "Rumours" era, Christine's songs weren't as blatantly brutal. Stevie sang "and what you lost," Lindsey sang "shackin' up's all you wanna do," whereas Christine sang "don't stop thinking about tomorrow." Stevie and Lindsey continued to sing about each other, whereas Christine seemed to move on, and John became her buddy in the process.