The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   "Best Of" (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57846)

BLY 04-27-2018 07:02 PM

"Best Of"

I hope all songs from the soundtracks tracks that Lindsey has done are included on this compilation along with any unreleased gems. I would think a couple of new songs will be included.

Fannymac 04-29-2018 07:25 PM

At this stage of the game, I hope they flip things, and release the new studio album this year, and the Best Of in 2019!

Storms123 04-30-2018 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fannymac (Post 1225594)
At this stage of the game, I hope they flip things, and release the new studio album this year, and the Best Of in 2019!

I’d like to see him get out there ASAP. Totally agree on movie soundtracks as well! I’d like to see him ride the “wave” of support he’s got right now.

elle 04-30-2018 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1225668)
I’d like to see him get out there ASAP. Totally agree on movie soundtracks as well! I’d like to see him ride the “wave” of support he’s got right now.

Yes I don’t care what he releases first. If he was planning to release Best Of and tour that then that’s what he should do ASAP! Not go back and wait. Not add extra songs. He can introduce any new songs live. He’s always waited and that’s exactly his problem. He should announce that best of this week. And upcoming tour week after that, even if he’s just setting up dates.

ryan4136 04-30-2018 09:51 AM

Folks he wasn't planning a Best Of album. Pretty sure Warners was planning it. They want to get a chunk of cash prior to him releasing his solo album. This is a large part of the reason the solo album has been pushed back, and in part why things got complicated with the tour.

elle 04-30-2018 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan4136 (Post 1225679)
Folks he wasn't planning a Best Of album. Pretty sure Warners was planning it. They want to get a chunk of cash prior to him releasing his solo album. This is a large part of the reason the solo album has been pushed back, and in part why things got complicated with the tour.

Yes to all of this.

However- if he’s still under contract with that label, he needs to put it out. And he should do it as fast as possible!

Fannymac 05-01-2018 11:40 PM

Well, Lindsey's only under contract to Atlantic right now, so that shouldn't be an issue.
Plus, I would think Atlantic would want to cash in on the relative success of the Buckingham/McVie album, thus going with the new studio album.
If there is an issue, it might be deciding who's going to put it out....Elektra/Asylum or Warner/Reprise. They're both part of WEA, but they each have their own marketing and promotion budget. They all kind of have to be wondering how big this album will be, what with only two hit singles on it (three if he can get the rights to "Holiday Road").
I find the whole concept of a Best Of interesting...most labels won't put them out unless A) there's a lot to work with, material wise, B) it's a contractual obligation to maybe end a contract, C) WEA is thinking of deleting his entire catalog, thus consolidating it into one album, or D) the artist wants one out.

FuzzyPlum 05-02-2018 12:22 PM

So, I'm not the absolute biggest of Lindsey Buckingham solo fans so I'm not in the best position to comment myself.
But...going on the premise of a 20 song disc. Would anyone volunteer a Best of Lindsey Buckingham track list suggestion???

DreamIsOver 05-02-2018 02:47 PM

This would not be my personal track list if I was compiling a Lindsey Best Of but I'd bet it will look an awful lot like this ---

Trouble
Holiday Road
Go Insane
Slow Dancing
Big Love (live, solo)
Wrong
Don’t Look Down
Countdown
Soul Drifter
Never Going Back Again (live, solo)
On The Wrong Side
Bleed To Love Her (live)
Show You How
Cast Away Dreams
Did You Miss Me
Seeds We Sow
In My World
Sleeping Around The Corner
Go Your Own Way (live)
New Song

elle 05-02-2018 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1226047)
So, I'm not the absolute biggest of Lindsey Buckingham solo fans so I'm not in the best position to comment myself.
But...going on the premise of a 20 song disc. Would anyone volunteer a Best of Lindsey Buckingham track list suggestion???

for whatever reason i thought we already started this, but agree with you that the Best Of thread is probably the most appropriate place.

i expect it to be more like 12 than 20 songs. he's not commercial and record co doesn't wanna loose too much money.

some that i would love to see on Best Of - and hear LIVE!!!!! -

(i'm doing purely solo, no FM, other than bonus)

Down On Rodeo
Twist of Fate
Wait For You
Gift of Screws
Turn It On
In Our Own Time (but that's not on Reprise so idk whether it's eligible?)
Rock Away Blind (same as above)
That's the Way Love Goes (same as above)
Wrong
Holiday Road
Go Insane
Seeds We Sow (electric) (same as above)
You Do or You Don't
This is the Time
Johnny Stew
Underground
To Try for the Sun

bonus:
Red Rover
GYOW
Second Hand News

lbfan 05-02-2018 07:46 PM

Live Tracks

I think Dreamisover has it correct, FM tracks can be included if they are live versions (but not live from an FM concert, only solo). I thought a live version of Stephanie might be included, but not now after the betrayal.

Storms123 05-02-2018 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbfan (Post 1226143)
I think Dreamisover has it correct, FM tracks can be included if they are live versions (but not live from an FM concert, only solo). I thought a live version of Stephanie might be included, but not now after the betrayal.

Stephanie should be eradicated--which is sad because it's a pretty song. I actually live Second Hand News better solo than with the Mac. Would hope he would include that!

BLY 05-02-2018 08:21 PM

His soundtracks songs must be included like Time Bomb Town.

sasja 05-02-2018 08:41 PM

Nineteen anythings, as long as it has DW suite in addition.

Maybe as the closer. A sweeter piece of music he's never crafted.

It's my one-song-on-a-deserted island piece. :nod:

Fannymac 05-03-2018 01:25 AM

I'd like to see a studio version of "My Little Demon" included!