The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Which Stevie Written Songs Are Not About a Love Relationship? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=53964)

Bandon 07-27-2014 05:10 AM

Which Stevie Written Songs Are Not About a Love Relationship?

As we all know, most of Stevie's songs were written about love relationships (Mostly between a man and a woman). I'm trying to determine which of the songs she has written are about other topics. I don't think there are many. I do realize, it's about perspective. Some that come to mind are:

Sisters of the Moon?
Blue Lamp
Julia
Sister Honey (One-sided love)
Jane
Illume
Soldiers Angel

Are there others? :shrug:

Dex 07-27-2014 05:15 AM

Oh this is fun!

And challenging. :laugh:

Italian Summer
Touched by an Angel
Doing the Best that I Can
Street Angel
Rhiannon

I will watch this space!

Bandon 07-27-2014 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dex (Post 1135482)
Oh this is fun!

And challenging. :laugh:

Italian Summer
Touched by an Angel
Doing the Best that I Can
Street Angel
Rhiannon

I will watch this space!

Hey Dex,

I hadn't thought about Italian Summer, Touched by an Angel and Doing the Best that I Can. You're good.! Rhiannon is a tough one though. Are you sure about Street Angel?

I picked Street Angel at first but looked back at the lyrics. She writes, " I know that you love me...
And that you always will
You just stand outside and call to me...
My sweet street angel" :angel:

Does that count? It is challenging..isn't it? What do you think?

Dex 07-27-2014 05:39 AM

The short answer is "No". I'm not sure about SA at all. :laugh:

It is difficult because I don't think Stevie songs are ever really about one literal thing. To me Street Angel has never felt like it was about a romance, but you're right about the lyrics of course, so *shrugs*. It's a fair call to leave it off.

New Orleans though! See? I thought've another one! I'm more excited about this than I care to admit.

Bandon 07-27-2014 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dex (Post 1135485)
The short answer is "No". I'm not sure about SA at all. :laugh:

It is difficult because I don't think Stevie songs are ever really about one literal thing. To me Street Angel has never felt like it was about a romance, but you're right about the lyrics of course, so *shrugs*. It's a fair call to leave it off.

New Orleans though! See? I thought've another one! I'm more excited about this than I care to admit.

New Orleans...of course!

I agree that Stevie's songs are never literally about one thing. What got me to thinking about this topic was the thread I posted yesterday about "Julia." I had forgotten that it was about the relationship between her and Robin, which is a very powerful subject about two friends and their challenges and strong bond. I really appreciate that song because Stevie rarely veers off the whole "man-women love topic." Since my profession involves working with survivors of domestic violence, I read my reality into her lyrics. But it's all about interpretation. I think that's probably the way Stevie wants her songs to be heard, and to affect people. :nod:

Bandon 07-27-2014 06:03 AM

Oh, and "Desert Angel." :]

Dex 07-27-2014 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bandon (Post 1135488)
Oh, and "Desert Angel." :]

OPERAYSHAWWNNNNN DESAAAHHHHHTTTTTT AY-HEY-UHN-JAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Seriously. That song is amazeballs! Why does nobody like that song!?

Bandon 07-27-2014 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dex (Post 1135489)
OPERAYSHAWWNNNNN DESAAAHHHHHTTTTTT AY-HEY-UHN-JAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Seriously. That song is amazeballs! Why does nobody like that song!?

I always liked Desert Angel...love the "trippy-spacey" feel of it.
:nod:

Bandon 07-27-2014 06:10 AM

"Catfish and Ladybug" Now it is about a relationship, but really..it is about a fish and an insect. Does that really count? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hawkeye 07-27-2014 06:15 AM

edge of 17

Dex 07-27-2014 06:16 AM

:laugh:

You know, Goldfish and Ladybug was actually the first song I thought of and I have to admit, I decided it wasn't legit for this list. Their love was real, Bandon! ;)

And of course you could always make the "it's a metaphor" argument, but I'm honestly not even sure about that. I just like the whimsical zaniness that a literal interpretation of that song carries.

Bandon 07-27-2014 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dex (Post 1135493)
:laugh:

You know, Goldfish and Ladybug was actually the first song I thought of and I have to admit, I decided it wasn't legit for this list. Their love was real, Bandon! ;)

And of course you could always make the "it's a metaphor" argument, but I'm honestly not even sure about that. I just like the whimsical zaniness that a literal interpretation of that song carries.

Yeah, you're right....love is love. Im certainly not going to judge. :nod:

Bandon 07-27-2014 06:23 AM

[Q. TE=Hawkeye;1135492]edge of 17[/QUOTE]

Nice!

Bandon 07-27-2014 06:34 AM

Dex, you're in England, right? Hawkeye, guessing you're in the US and are just an early bird or can't sleep. My new job keep is keeping me up on Friday and Saturday nights/morning these days. I'm gonna think up another similar game for next week, and if you're up for it, I'll posdt a new challenge for you. Keep working on this one if you can think of anything. :D

Dex 07-27-2014 06:37 AM

Yeah. It's Sunday noon here. Not a very adventurous time to be awake on my end. Sleep well Bandon!

You Can't Fix This?

ETA Welcome to the Room Sara