The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Present Band (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Mike Campbell talks about FM in New interview (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59099)

UnwindedDreams 12-09-2020 12:27 PM

Imagine if Mick, Lindsey, Mike, and Neil went to do something together without J, C, or S. Maybe Federico and Brett as 2nd keyboard
Neil and Lindsey have a friendship with Mitch Froom in common.

Mike and Tom love(d) Lindsey. LB was on two Heartbreakers albums and Tom even said Stevie's stuff is nice but it's when she and Lindsey get together that really excites me

David 12-09-2020 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1262602)
Imagine if Mick, Lindsey, Mike, and Neil went to do something together without J, C, or S. Maybe Federico and Brett as 2nd keyboard

Mike and Tom love(d) Lindsey. LB was on two Heartbreakers albums and Tom even said Stevie's stuff is nice but it's when she and Lindsey get together that really excites me

Interesting ideas. I think they ought to all do solo albums from now on: Campbell, Mick, Christine, Lindsey, Stevie, John, Hey Now Hey Now, Brett Tuggle, Peter Michael, Bobby Martin, Lori Perry, Barbara Nicks, I mean everybody. Just go solo and show us whatcha got.

elle 12-09-2020 09:47 PM

Quote:

that was actually something that occurred to me too when i heard it - Mick doesn't mind creating new music and people like Linds and Neil are always for it. when Mick first befriended Neil i was thinking that may lead to Lindsey and Neil work together... instead Neil joined Lindsey-less band as a touring contractor. who knows, it may all still come around for them working together. as long as its not a part of time-wasting outfit that is FM with SN in it. :shrug:

BigAl84 12-09-2020 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1262601)
Lol but but .... that cannot be. The whole band was clear they don’t like to work with him anymore! It wasn’t just his ex’s tantrum backed by big money producers forcing spineless band hand! Micks in charge of the band! Spiteful ex had nothing to do with it! �� ��

Seriously though, while I’m happy for Linds that he’s talking to his old band mates despite of what they did to him and how thick Muck was laying in bs against linds during backstabber tour promotion ........ I would absolutely HATE seeing Lindsey being sucked back into FM time wasting toxicity.

Oh I hope he never agrees to a Fleetwood Mac tour ever again.

SteveMacD 12-10-2020 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1262591)
YES it is revealing and funny to hire a guitarist you don't know and may have met once or twice.

He was ready to hire Lindsey and Stevie after hearing the solo to “Frozen Love” and meeting Lindsey once. So, yeah, I can totally believe Mick would do something like that.

Quote:

Are you seriously saying Stevie had nothing to do with it? She never told Mick to call Mike?
I already said that I could see that coming from Mick, Irving, or Stevie. They decided to fire Lindsey, Stevie was obviously distraught over Tom’s death (watch her MusiCares speech if you have any doubt about where her mindset was at the time), and Mick‘s been the driving force for keeping the band going for over 50 years. It was an obvious choice and I’d be surprised if the thought didn’t cross his mind.

Quote:

She put on a Petty tribute during the Mac show as a coincidence?
For all we know, that was one of the points of contention during tour negotiations. Which, going back to an earlier point, if Stevie wanted to do a Petty tribute even when Lindsey was still in the band, wouldn’t that make Campbell an even more obvious choice?

Quote:

It was all planned by Stevie. Mick made her happy so she would stay with the band and he could make millions. Its not politics as you say.
You see them as conspiring backstabbers and I see them, at least as far as Mick is concerned, as a band that reached its breaking point with the internal dysfunction between Stevie and Lindsey and had to go into survival mode. If what elle was told was true, that they polled promoters to see if they wanted Stevie or Lindsey, that tells me continuing with both wasn’t possible and that they went with what was best for business. If we’re being honest, they were talking about the 2018 tour back in 2015, before Lindsey ever mentioned a solo album. So, when Mick said Lindsey left, Lindsey was the one who deviated from a long agreed upon plan, regardless of the actual impact it would have had on the band.

For the record, I would have been just as happy if they had fired Stevie. I’m a fan of the Brits. So long as Mick, John, and Christine are there, I’ll be happy. Hell, I would have been just as happy if they had fired both of them and brought back Billy, Rick, and Bekka.

(Watch Team Lindsey make state fair jokes without a hint of irony.)

Mick IS political to an absolute fault. Have you read his interviews, lately? It’s gotten so bad that you almost need a Little Orphan Annie decoder ring to understand what the hell he’s talking about.

HomerMcvie 12-10-2020 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1262629)

I will lose all respect for him as an artist if he ever goes back.

Will he have to bow in front of $tevie, and say "yes ma'am"?

It would be f*cking ridiculous for him to go back with his tail between his legs. F*CK THAT.

SteveMacD 12-10-2020 01:28 AM

Quote:

I like this, although I wouldn’t mind John and Christine also being involved. Federico is good, but John and Lindsey playing off each other is golden (Down on Rodeo, Smile At You). Christine works well with Lindsey and Neil, so I think she’d possibly be someone who could add even more cohesion. Basically, the current lineup, but swapping Stevie for Lindsey, which would be absolutely killer.

SteveMacD 12-10-2020 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1262629)

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1262631)

It would be f*cking ridiculous for him to go back with his tail between his legs. F*CK THAT.

LOL! He’d totally go back if the opportunity ever presented itself. Wouldn’t think twice about it, wouldn’t hesitate.

One man’s pathetic embarrassment is another’s triumphant moment of healing.

BigAl84 12-10-2020 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1262637)
LOL! He’d totally go back if the opportunity ever presented itself. Wouldn’t think twice about it, wouldn’t hesitate.

One man’s pathetic embarrassment is another’s triumphant moment of healing.

Not shocked by this comment, considering you've been kissing the a$$ of Stevie, Mick, and Mike Campbell for the past two years.

elle 12-10-2020 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1262631)

Yup.

First, Stevie would have to hugely apologize to him which she will never do because she’s one of those who never admits that she did something wrong and always blames it on others.

And second - as long as stevie is in FM, it’s a time wasting money making machine. So I guess it depends how much Lindsey values his time and artistic legacy vs making tons of money. He can bs however much he wants that going back is about legacy of FM but that legacy has been long cemented. And a single event would do what he wants better than world tour.

As far as what went in in 2017, it seems pretty clear that Stevie was first working on Mick, and possibly went over his head very fast to IA or other management to say she’s out unless LB is out. So while Mick may have been put in front of the wall by SN and managers, he still could have said no. Contract they all signed is not a contract that SN and mgmt were pushing for. Which was pretty clear once when LB sued them.

Talking about IA, it’s been interesting and kinda funny following how much hate he and his son ( who is now managing Harry styles) are getting from Styles / 1D Stan social media.

Now while I first and foremost want him solo, and think Neils songs lately are boring, collaboration between Lindsey Neil and Christine with backing of Mick and John might be interesting, with maybe Froom producing. But should be done fast and not take years.

UnwindedDreams 12-10-2020 02:53 PM

^ In retrospect, the earliest sign Stevie had it with Lindsey was Feb 2017. She did The Last Word interview with RollingStone where she made it seem that Lindsey and Christine didn't wait for her to do an album "I've been on the road since September of '16 so I don't get their premise". You can't make sh*t like this up haha
When asked if she would do another album with FM, she said I don't think we'll do another album because no one will buy it. "What we do is do a ton of shows and make lots of money"

elle 12-10-2020 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1262660)
^ In retrospect, the earliest sign Stevie had it with Lindsey was Feb 2017. She did The Last Word interview with RollingStone where she made it seem that Lindsey and Christine didn't wait for her to do an album "I've been on the road since September of '16 so I don't get their premise". You can't make sh*t like this up haha
When asked if she would do another album with FM, she said I don't think we'll do another album because no one will buy it. "What we do is do a ton of shows and make lots of money"

the earliest sign Stevie had it with Lindsey was as soon as Christine came back. and then the 4 started working on FM album and had a great time. and then they dared to actually release it. that was it. :nod:

UnwindedDreams 12-10-2020 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1262665)
the earliest sign Stevie had it with Lindsey was as soon as Christine came back. and then the 4 started working on FM album and had a great time. and then they dared to actually release it. that was it. :nod:

Yea. As thrilled as she claimed to be with Christine returning to FM, she still called Dave Stewart to make a record when she knew back in 2013 that Christine was returning in 2014. She could've done her Vault songs in January/February if she had to get an album done.

An FM album that would've been released in 14 or 15 would've been top 5 in the US.

Henley's solo record was originally reported to go to number 1 in 2015 but there was a factor that prevented that and I remember him expressing his disgust with that. It did do top 5 though

SteveMacD 12-10-2020 09:23 PM

In 2013, Lindsey was going out of his way to be positive towards Stevie to convince her to do an album. Once Christine came back wanting to record, he seemed to have quit trying, maybe assuming Stevie would automatically want to do an album with the full lineup (I had that assumption). I think there was a perception that the balance of power had shifted towards Lindsey. It seemed like that from afar.

But then she got on the cover of Rolling Stone while they were trying to promote Christine’s return. In retrospect, I think that was the first sign of trouble on the horizon.

24KG still seems like a contractual obligation album.

Also, I don’t think she especially cared one way or the other about LBCM. However, when they got back together, the “Broadway show” aspect wasn’t there. Lindsey wasn’t playing along anymore.

UnwindedDreams 12-10-2020 09:36 PM

It could also be that Stevie would've made an album with the band if Christine had not come back.
After the 2013 tour, say Stevie does her thing in 14. Comes back to Mac to record in 15 and tour with Mac in 16.

I remember when she was doing Unleashed press she said just this one tour we're only doing songs you want to hear and the next time we tour we'll be playing a new album:laugh:

I mean the SYW through EP years must've meant something to her. Those Say Goodbye Vegas 2013 tears were coming down like rain!

BigAl84 12-10-2020 10:09 PM

My desire to see another Fleetwood Mac tour or album project of any kind has dwindled to nothing. Even if Stevie agreed, it would be maddening. Non stop 180 reversal and denial of everything that was said and done over the past two years. All in the name of projecting the image of a reunion and putting butts in seats. So gross.

The Buckingham Mcvie tour was awesome, I would show up for that again. If Lindsey does anything at all with any of them, I hope it’s sans Stevie. That ship has sailed.

My patience for her never ending bullsh*t has completely evaporated. The crap she spews is so predictable, it practically writes itself.

End of rant.

goldustsongbird 12-10-2020 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1262670)
My desire to see another Fleetwood Mac tour or album project of any kind has dwindled to nothing. Even if Stevie agreed, it would be maddening. Non stop 180 reversal and denial of everything that was said and done over the past two years. All in the name of projecting the image of a reunion and putting butts in seats. So gross.

The Buckingham Mcvie tour was awesome, I would show up for that again. If Lindsey does anything at all with any of them, I hope it’s sans Stevie. That ship has sailed.

My patience for her never ending bullsh*t has completely evaporated. The crap she spews is so predictable, it practically writes itself.

End of rant.

I was happy to see FM in 2014. That'll be my one and only Mac show. I jumped at the chance because I'd waited so long for Chris to come back and really wanted to see her with them one last time. After that, I lost interest, and quite frankly, Stevie's voice ain't gettin' any better.

That was a fun night; I don't regret going. But if I spend my money on anyone in the future, it'll be Lindsey or BuckVie.

HomerMcvie 12-10-2020 10:58 PM

Quote:

End of rant.

Spot on. Every f*cking word.

It would be DISGUSTING if he went back. It's unbelievable that he wants to. What a pussy he is if he really does to go back to THAT. Makes me want to vomit if it's so. All the "integrity" he's stood for all these years is WHAT now? He's now $tevie's minion? It's f*cking disgusting.

I'm glad BuckVie was their final chapter for me. The perfect ending.

Macfan4life 12-11-2020 06:48 AM

Sadly I do believe Lindsey will be back. I said this from the beginning. I can certainly hear Mick talking how the band needs him and how the band has always weathered personal differences, etc. Then Stevie will say their time is short and she has no time to hold grudges. Then they will launch their farewell tour sponsored by Depends.

There is a bit of irony here how Lindsey desperately wanted out of their dysfunction to stay away from the band for 10 years. Clearly the big money keeps him around too. But now the band cut ties with him claiming he was the dysfunction and its Lindsey reaching out to go back to the band.

I will say that Fleetwood Mac treats their "new" members worse than any band in music history. They are disposable as diapers. Mick always claims its a new chapter and they are here to stay even to make new music. But when it comes to making huge money instead of just money, he throws them overboard. He's even into doing that to his legacy guitarist Lindsey Buckingham.

elle 12-11-2020 09:25 AM

Quote:

yup to all of this!

BigAl84 12-11-2020 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldustsongbird (Post 1262672)
I was happy to see FM in 2014. That'll be my one and only Mac show. I jumped at the chance because I'd waited so long for Chris to come back and really wanted to see her with them one last time. After that, I lost interest, and quite frankly, Stevie's voice ain't gettin' any better.

That was a fun night; I don't regret going. But if I spend my money on anyone in the future, it'll be Lindsey or BuckVie.

I saw 3 shows between 2014-2015 and they were all great, I was thrilled to be there at that time.

So much has changed since then, which is why I really don't have any appetite to see another Fleetwood Mac tour.

jbrownsjr 12-11-2020 12:27 PM

It was clear that Christine coming back caused a lot of emotions in $tevie. Then they made an album without her... AND they put that little lovely film of
BuckVie which was the complete contrast of SYW "making of".

If LB did come back, and it's unclear if there's time for that. $he would make it about herself. "I told Lindsey, 'look this is our last chance. We have to put this all behind us for the good of the band. I told him, this is what the fans want.'"

"And I know I'm not the boss of this band, but I was the first to call him. The rest of the band wanted it, too."

FuzzyPlum 12-11-2020 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1262673)
Spot on. Every f*cking word.

It would be DISGUSTING if he went back. It's unbelievable that he wants to. What a pussy he is if he really does to go back to THAT. Makes me want to vomit if it's so. All the "integrity" he's stood for all these years is WHAT now? He's now $tevie's minion? It's f*cking disgusting.

I'm glad BuckVie was their final chapter for me. The perfect ending.

...but I'd love it if he ever went back to a Fleetwood Mac without Stevie. I'd hate that he'd patched it up with Mick (which seems to be the case), but it would p!ss Stevie off so much if they ever did finally give her the boot.
It's far fetched, but not beyond reason. If Mick realises Stevie isn't going to provide him with a buck for the next 3 years, it wouldn't be beyond him to seek one last, half decent payday with a band featuring Lindsey.

BigAl84 12-11-2020 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1262688)
It was clear that Christine coming back caused a lot of emotions in $tevie. Then they made an album without her... AND they put that little lovely film of
BuckVie which was the complete contrast of SYW "making of".

If LB did come back, and it's unclear if there's time for that. $he would make it about herself. "I told Lindsey, 'look this is our last chance. We have to put this all behind us for the good of the band. I told him, this is what the fans want.'"

"And I know I'm not the boss of this band, but I was the first to call him. The rest of the band wanted it, too."

Yep and that's exactly the trite bullsh*t from her that has zapped all appetite to see any kind of a reunion.

It's been said ad nauseam, but when Stevie realized the shift in power with another voice in the band (Christine) everything went south.

goldustsongbird 12-11-2020 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1262677)
Sadly I do believe Lindsey will be back. I said this from the beginning. I can certainly hear Mick talking how the band needs him and how the band has always weathered personal differences, etc. Then Stevie will say their time is short and she has no time to hold grudges. Then they will launch their farewell tour sponsored by Depends.

There is a bit of irony here how Lindsey desperately wanted out of their dysfunction to stay away from the band for 10 years. Clearly the big money keeps him around too. But now the band cut ties with him claiming he was the dysfunction and its Lindsey reaching out to go back to the band.

I will say that Fleetwood Mac treats their "new" members worse than any band in music history. They are disposable as diapers. Mick always claims its a new chapter and they are here to stay even to make new music. But when it comes to making huge money instead of just money, he throws them overboard. He's even into doing that to his legacy guitarist Lindsey Buckingham.

lol, this part belongs in the commercial thread.

I can see it going either way. Historically, they've always found their way back to each other, if not to complete forgiveness. With the way Stevie is talking now about performing, I could see her saying exactly that: We don't have very much time, we may never see each other again. (Whassamattabaybeh?)

At the same time, Stevie seems determined to never speak to him again; to never even acknowledge their history, which again, is a dramatic statement in and of itself.

The tide does seem to be turning with this. I think the idea of yet another grand reunion is probably appealing to them because they know it will garner attention and satisfy a lot of fans. Breaking up and getting back together has always been good business for FM.

But I still won't be shelling out for a ticket.

HomerMcvie 12-11-2020 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldustsongbird (Post 1262692)

Me either. The ONLY way I'd shell out is if $tevie was out of the band, AND Lindsey was back(again, with no stupid goat).

None of them can really sing any more anyway... they should just call it (another lonely) day.

HomerMcvie 12-11-2020 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1262689)
...but I'd love it if he ever went back to a Fleetwood Mac without Stevie. I'd hate that he'd patched it up with Mick (which seems to be the case), but it would p!ss Stevie off so much if they ever did finally give her the boot.
It's far fetched, but not beyond reason. If Mick realises Stevie isn't going to provide him with a buck for the next 3 years, it wouldn't be beyond him to seek one last, half decent payday with a band featuring Lindsey.

I SERIOUSLY doubt that $tevie and Irving would allow that.

I mean, $he's not the boss. Yeah right...

SteveMacD 12-11-2020 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1262689)

I think the closest thing we’d ever see to something like that would be Lindsey putting Mick in his solo band.

UnwindedDreams 12-11-2020 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1262695)
I think the closest thing we’d ever see to something like that would be Lindsey putting Mick in his solo band.

Obvi. it didn't happen, but I swore before Buckingham McVie was released, Christine was speaking about Fleetwood Mac doing "smaller concerts" without Stevie to play the new material and then do a big tour with Stevie when she was ready.

I think this was in 2016. "Smaller concerts" is printed in my head.
Mick must have realized that he would've faces Stevie's wrath if he and John toured with LB and CM.

That article was probably scrubbed in the Great Nicksian Redaction Purge:laugh:

SteveMacD 12-11-2020 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1262696)
Obvi. it didn't happen, but I swore before Buckingham McVie was released, Christine was speaking about Fleetwood Mac doing "smaller concerts" without Stevie to play the new material and then do a big tour with Stevie when she was ready.

I think this was in 2016. "Smaller concerts" is printed in my head.
Mick must have realized that he would've faces Stevie's wrath if he and John toured with LB and CM.

That article was probably scrubbed in the Great Nicksian Redaction Purge:laugh:

She said that, which added to the ridiculousness of the later “duet album” comments.

I don’t know if the decision came from Stevie or if it was simple common sense. It would have confused the brand and shown Fleetwood Mac as something other than an arena rock band. And, if you think Stevie had an ego before, just imagine how big her head would have gotten if her solo tour significantly outperformed a full-on Fleetwood Mac tour without her.

UnwindedDreams 12-11-2020 06:46 PM

It's really fascinating how honest Christine was at that time to actually state for the record that FM shows without Stevie could be a point to consider.
It seems at that time Mick and Chris were actually letting us know Stevie wasn't doing her part in their team.
I think Mick was saying "young Stevie" hasn't brought anything or Lindsey had to lay the groundwork for her to join them.
It's in the past but it is the history of this band.
And then we'll get a Rumours Anniversary show at The Coliseum in 2022 :p

Macfan4life 12-12-2020 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldustsongbird (Post 1262692)
lol, this part belongs in the commercial thread.

I can see it going either way. Historically, they've always found their way back to each other, if not to complete forgiveness. With the way Stevie is talking now about performing, I could see her saying exactly that: We don't have very much time, we may never see each other again. (Whassamattabaybeh?)

At the same time, Stevie seems determined to never speak to him again; to never even acknowledge their history, which again, is a dramatic statement in and of itself.

The tide does seem to be turning with this. I think the idea of yet another grand reunion is probably appealing to them because they know it will garner attention and satisfy a lot of fans. Breaking up and getting back together has always been good business for FM.

Money brings them back every time. Not long ago I was watching those long interviews during the Dance rehearsals. They all sort of gave generic answers why the band rejoined. We know Chris was not thrilled about it but went along so the group would reap the benefits. The Eagles just sold out arenas across the country and so did the Dance tour. Lindsey sort of bit his tongue and everyone saw big bucks. Each one of their solo careers including Stevie was in decline and even Stevie was not a big concert draw anymore. I saw the Dance tour in West Palm Beach in 1997. The Palm Beach Post brought up the point that they rented out an entire floor of the Breakers Hotel in Palm Beach yet the year prior Mick and his band stayed at some dirty Best Western along the interstate.
Money makes the world go around. Do you think anyone of them really need this drama? Money makes the world go around.

goldustsongbird 12-12-2020 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1262693)
Me either. The ONLY way I'd shell out is if $tevie was out of the band, AND Lindsey was back(again, with no stupid goat).

None of them can really sing any more anyway... they should just call it (another lonely) day.

Lindsey can still sing pretty well. His voice sounds the same as it did pre-heart attack, at least from what I heard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1262701)
Money brings them back every time. Not long ago I was watching those long interviews during the Dance rehearsals. They all sort of gave generic answers why the band rejoined. We know Chris was not thrilled about it but went along so the group would reap the benefits. The Eagles just sold out arenas across the country and so did the Dance tour. Lindsey sort of bit his tongue and everyone saw big bucks. Each one of their solo careers including Stevie was in decline and even Stevie was not a big concert draw anymore. I saw the Dance tour in West Palm Beach in 1997. The Palm Beach Post brought up the point that they rented out an entire floor of the Breakers Hotel in Palm Beach yet the year prior Mick and his band stayed at some dirty Best Western along the interstate.
Money makes the world go around. Do you think anyone of them really need this drama? Money makes the world go around.

We share a youtube history here. I was watching some Dance stuff and thinking about how it was on that tour that their shows became tightly scripted and predictable, which gave the whole thing a more corporate air. Most live shows follow a format that becomes somewhat repetitive, but they really lost their spontaneity after 1982. Maybe the TITN/BTM/STC tours were looser; I don't know.

A lot of us thought Chris looked bored on The Dance tour, so your point about her kind of just going along with things is accurate. I think they genuinely enjoyed themselves on the '97 tour, and there was a lot of excitement around it that they fed off of, it was just really different.

BigAl84 12-12-2020 03:24 PM

Quote:

Money makes the world go around for a good chunk of that band, that’s for sure. What I dont understand is why the heck any of them still have the sheer appetite for the money...enough to scorch the earth and create a falling out like they did in 2018. Maybe Mick needs the cash, but the rest of them are perfectly comfortable and donÂ’t need to do another single tour if they donÂ’t want to. The 2018 tour was so insignificant and unnecessary after they had just circled the globe in 2014/2015.

It’s also infuriating when Nicks agrees to do all these Fleetwood Mac tours at the time and then wines to the press after the fact about how miserable she was on those tours...but hey she’ll sign on the dotted line the next time the opportunity arises.

I have to hand it to Christine....as much as folks wanted her to have more backbone in regards to the 2018 fiasco...she at least doesn’t complain about what she signed up for.

BLY 12-12-2020 04:36 PM

....with the exception of Mick(several ex wife’s, young kids) it may not be about the money. It’s a job that keeps these older folks active because there is an audience that will still pay to see them. You think?

UnwindedDreams 12-12-2020 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1262705)
The 2018 tour was so insignificant and unnecessary after they had just circled the globe in 2014/2015.

It’s also infuriating when Nicks agrees to do all these Fleetwood Mac tours at the time and then wines to the press after the fact about how miserable she was on those tours...but hey she’ll sign on the dotted line the next time the opportunity arises.

I think Stevie had a marketing strategy when there's an upcoming Mac tour and it's say something bad about the last tour so that people think they'll now be on their game and buy tickets to the current tour.
I think she said in 2013 that she and LB went through the motions in 2009 and they know better this time...LMFAO!

The 2018 tour was really about promoting Neil and Mike.
Oh Well, Tell Me, Black Magic are long musically but not lyrically so when Stevie sang BMW I didn't really count it as a song for her since Mike was really the star on that. Now if she did Beautiful Child it would've been legit.
But all the same Dreams, Rhi, Landslide, Gold, Gypsy. You really can't do No Questions Asked, Fireflies, or Crystal? Frig, why not Stand Back if you're doing Neil stuff?
Lindsey would have wanted new music for 2018 tour or songs from SYW or Tusk

bombaysaffires 12-12-2020 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1262706)
....with the exception of Mick(several ex wife’s, young kids) it may not be about the money. It’s a job that keeps these older folks active because there is an audience that will still pay to see them. You think?

Stevie said in a recent interview that being active, working, doing things keeps you a young 72 not an old 72, and that she was finding sitting at home doing nothing was impacting her and that's why she's so resentful about it all.

Of course, being at home does NOT stop you from writing songs, or working on arrangements of songs you'd like to put on a next album... hell people have been putting songs/albums together remotely long before covid... sending computer files back and forth you add your part and send to me, I add my part/make changes and send back to you, etc... and of course you can facetime/zoom/whatever to see each other and talk. You can paint at home; you can write in your journals at home; you can have creative meetings with the team helping make a Rhiannon movie/show/whatever ....
so this bs about "can't do anything just sitting at home" is all in the eye of the beholder.

It seems more like when she says these are her last "youthful years" she's referring to her appearance and her ability to still makeup and dress up as the public "Stevie" character she's presented to the world for years. And it seems like the "stuff that keeps you busy" she's referring to is going out on the road :shrug:

BigAl84 12-13-2020 09:13 AM

I’m sure 2020 was supposed to be a big year for Stevie. I’m sure there was plans for the jukebox tour to roll out in early spring after he RRHOF induction, but then the world completely changed due to covid.

Then the TikTok dreams thing completely overshadowed “show us the way”....and now you’ve got Mick Fleetwood appearing to try and patch things up at some level without the queens approval....

In her self absorbed bubble I’m sure she’s a real peach to be around these days.

michelej1 12-13-2020 06:03 PM

Quote:

I just read how even though Elton John’s “farewell tour” was cut because of Covid, it still made $87 million.

michelej1 12-13-2020 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldustsongbird (Post 1262704)
Lindsey can still sing pretty well. His voice sounds the same as it did pre-heart attack, at least from what I heard.

We share a youtube history here. I was watching some Dance stuff and thinking about how it was on that tour that their shows became tightly scripted and predictable, which gave the whole thing a more corporate air. Most live shows follow a format that becomes somewhat repetitive, but they really lost their spontaneity after 1982. Maybe the TITN/BTM/STC tours were looser; I don't know.

A lot of us thought Chris looked bored on The Dance tour, so your point about her kind of just going along with things is accurate. I think they genuinely enjoyed themselves on the '97 tour, and there was a lot of excitement around it that they fed off of, it was just really different.

Yes, scripted. How much of a psycho do you have to be, to repeat word for word the same “banter” that you exchanged on a very popular DVD and concert broadcast? Isn’t that weird?