The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Mac songs named (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=51041)

CADreaming 11-28-2012 01:17 PM

New Mac songs named

Stevie Nicks Reveals Two New Song Titles Recorded by Fleetwood Mac
In this audio conversation, which is obviously part of a larger interview, Stevie talks about going over to Lindsey's home to record her vocals on two tracks that Mick, John and Lindsey had previously recorded earlier this year.

Stevie said the boys went in at the beginning of this year and recorded some songs (Lindsey talked about 8 songs recorded in previous interviews) and that they wanted her to come but she said her mother had just passed away and she wasn't in any condition to sing or write songs. She went on to say that she went over to Lindsey's and recorded her vocals parts on two of the tracks, one that she picked and one that Lindsey picked saying:

“They came out great,” says Stevie. “They sound totally like really great Fleetwood Mac songs.”

The songs are “Miss Fantasy” and “Sad Angel.”

Stevie and Lindsey also recorded a third song, which may be released next year as part of a possible 40th anniversary edition of the Buckingham-Nicks album.

http://www.nickslive.blogspot.com/20...-new-song.html

WildHearted 11-28-2012 02:06 PM

Interesting.

And yes, please, to anything BN related. That is all.

louielouie2000 11-28-2012 02:23 PM

This is killing me... why can't they keep going and record an entire album? I wouldn't even care if it was a small (by Mac standards) album of only 10-12 songs.

michelej1 11-28-2012 03:14 PM

"Sad Angel" is such a predictable song title for FM that we could have guessed it.

Michele

AnthonyMI 11-28-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1068077)
"Sad Angel" is such a predictable song title for FM that we could have guessed it.

Michele

If Christine ever came back I would expect there to be a "Daddy" song. Maybe "Daddy Warbucks" or "GrandDaddy" by this point.

CADreaming 11-28-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyMI (Post 1068078)
If Christine ever came back I would expect there to be a "Daddy" song. Maybe "Daddy Warbucks" or "GrandDaddy" by this point.

How 'bout "Daddy Angel"?? Lol

Peestie 11-28-2012 05:18 PM

Those sound more like they should be Stevie titles than Lindsey ones (I'm assuming they were Lindsey's songs. Am I wrong?). Maybe "Sad Angel" was something he wrote for/about her after her mother passing away. That'd be quite sweet and another aspect of their relationship that has never really been explored much in their songs - their long ties to each other and the (non-romantic) affection that must bring.

britt0308 11-28-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peestie (Post 1068082)
Those sound more like they should be Stevie titles than Lindsey ones (I'm assuming they were Lindsey's songs. Am I wrong?). Maybe "Sad Angel" was something he wrote for/about her after her mother passing away. That'd be quite sweet and another aspect of their relationship that has never really been explored much in their songs - their long ties to each other and the (non-romantic) affection that must bring.

Didn't think of that origin for Sad Angel. That would be rather sweet. According to the article, Stevie chose one song to lay down vocals on, and Lindsey chose the other for her. Literally based only on titles I can guarantee she chose the one with 'Angel' in it's title. ;)

Hoping Miss Fantasy isn't as 'cliche' as it unfortunately sounds to me right now. I'm a big 'word' person, and am usually drawn to titles with more depth. Horrible judging by a cover right now. Hope I'm proved wrong! Either way ecstatic for any new material.

John Run 11-28-2012 06:44 PM

I think we can assume that Stevie has gotten over the idea that she could not record with Lindsey unless their was another producer involved and Lindsey has stopped thinking an outside co-producer would be good for the band? I laughed so hard at that thought on Lindsey's part. Not because I don't think it would be beneficial, but because I know Lindsey could never give up any real control of the band's creative process and its resulting sonic output.

Bandon 11-28-2012 07:05 PM

"Sad Angel," gee I wonder who wrote that one. Yet another "angel" song. LOL :rolleyes: I can't wait to hear both songs though. The only "angel" song written by Stevie that I am not fond of is "Street Angel." I'm still betting on "Without You" as the Buckingham Nicks track. :nod:

BombaySapphire3 11-28-2012 07:18 PM

I dunno the way the recording process for these songs is described sounds very similar to SYW with Stevie coming in and adding her vocals to the already laid down tracks:shrug:but still anxious to hear anything new with the Fleetwood Mac name on it.It has been nearly a decade.

Artemis 11-28-2012 07:33 PM

Ooh exciting times. I wonder if they're both Lindsey penned tracks? Although, I suppose Stevie could have sent them a demo, let them flesh it out, and then came in and sang? Sad Angel is such a... Stevie title.

TrueFaith77 11-28-2012 08:08 PM

Still no definitive indication on how these will be released? two songs = single!

louielouie2000 11-28-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1068097)
Still no definitive indication on how these will be released? two songs = single!

Another thread on the Ledge states the Mac is reissuing Rumours on CD & the Rosebud concert on DVD. My guess is these songs will be a part of one of these releases.

TrueFaith77 11-28-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1068098)
Another thread on the Ledge states the Mac is reissuing Rumours on CD & the Rosebud concert on DVD. My guess is these songs will be a part of one of these releases.

odd. that's a shame.