The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   New Cd Listing? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=44028)

nightbird28 06-08-2010 07:47 PM

New Cd Listing?

I was recently on Pause and Play website and was skimming through the future release section and it listed Christine for a 2010? release. Does anyone have any news on a possible new cd?

DefDumbandBlond 06-08-2010 08:20 PM

Oh wow. :shocked: I'm interested to know now too!

HomerMcvie 06-08-2010 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightbird28 (Post 894826)
I was recently on Pause and Play website and was skimming through the future release section and it listed Christine for a 2010? release. Does anyone have any news on a possible new cd?

There was some buzz last year, about a Chris CD coming out, and it turned out to be nothing. While I certainly HOPE it's true, I sincerely doubt it is. The sales of ITM were pretty dismal, and I doubt she puts out another CD. I pray that I'm wrong.

jbrownsjr 06-09-2010 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 894834)
There was some buzz last year, about a Chris CD coming out, and it turned out to be nothing. While I certainly HOPE it's true, I sincerely doubt it is. The sales of ITM were pretty dismal, and I doubt she puts out another CD. I pray that I'm wrong.

You're always wrong.. which means NEW CD!!!!!! YAY!!! hahaha;)

ButterCookie 06-09-2010 03:42 AM

That's interesting. Last time I saw something like this, it was a Lindsey CD, Live on Air, or something? Here's hoping play.com have got it right!

nicepace 06-09-2010 05:48 AM

That website has had a new Christine McVie album listed for about a year. There was a thread about it on this board at the time. Apparently, the Pause and Play people got their "info" from a completely baseless rumour on THIS board.

In other words, there is absolutely no evidence that Chris is making a new record ... it's really annoying that Pause and Play still has it listed.

By the way, I doubt that Chris would base a decision about making a new record on how well 'In the Meantime' did. She didn't make that record because she needed money. She made it because she wanted to, because she had creative impulses that needed expression. She obviously didn't care enough about record sales to do much promotion.

aleuzzi 06-09-2010 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicepace (Post 894871)

By the way, I doubt that Chris would base a decision about making a new record on how well 'In the Meantime' did. She didn't make that record because she needed money. She made it because she wanted to, because she had creative impulses that needed expression. She obviously didn't care enough about record sales to do much promotion.

It's precisely because of the reasons you mention that I still believe she's got one more project in her. Anything, anything, anything. Just her at the friggin' piano playing and singing. Come on!

Gailh 06-09-2010 01:40 PM

A whle ago Martin Wyatt said something about "reworking" ITM whatever that means.

I doubt if she'll do any new material soon - she normally leaves it 20 years between each album :laugh:

Gail

PenguinHead 06-10-2010 09:39 PM

I bet she still writes songs in her spare time. It's feasible that she might feel, at a certain moment in time, to record and release them. And, as someone else stated, record sales aren't a factor.

jbrownsjr 06-11-2010 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinHead (Post 895277)
I bet she still writes songs in her spare time. It's feasible that she might feel, at a certain moment in time, to record and release them. And, as someone else stated, record sales aren't a factor.

sure hope so...

nicepace 06-12-2010 09:31 AM

Personally, I'd love a Christine McVie album of old blues tunes, just her and her piano and an under-produced backing band.

Oh wait ... that's what the 'Christine Perfect' album was. So I've already got my wish, lol.

jbrownsjr 06-14-2010 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicepace (Post 895536)
Personally, I'd love a Christine McVie album of old blues tunes, just her and her piano and an under-produced backing band.

Oh wait ... that's what the 'Christine Perfect' album was. So I've already got my wish, lol.

How about a modern version... with a couple of ballads too!!

Gailh 06-15-2010 01:17 PM

While we're wishing for things that wont ever happen I'd love a blues album - Christine, Peter Green, Mick & John

Gail

ButterCookie 06-15-2010 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gailh (Post 896047)
While we're wishing for things that wont ever happen I'd love a blues album - Christine, Peter Green, Mick & John

Gail

I second that wish!

jbrownsjr 06-16-2010 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButterCookie (Post 896048)
I second that wish!

All in favor say aye!