The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   TMI thread. Discussion of sensitive ADULT issues/triggers. Enter with awareness! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=45306)

Nikolaj 12-07-2010 04:39 AM

TMI thread. Discussion of sensitive ADULT issues/triggers. Enter with awareness!

Oh, if only. Well, there's no children here, adults only, it seems.
My sister once described it to me as 'taking the teeth out of the tiger'- an expression I'd never heard, but the way she said it made me think it's commonly known. She meant talking about something you just don't talk about, getting it off your chest, so it reduces the power of pain, terror or shame. I couldn't do it. Different than 'JTIS' really. Very.
I think it would almost need a moderator. Well, we have moderators. I guess I mean a daily monitor or moderator.
I have one idea, and I like so many of the writers here, but I could verbally get murdered.
So, a "Too Much Information, With No Judgement Of Something I Haven't Even Told My Shrink"- what, who me? Yes, I do have one! The collective gasps I imagine are deafening, baby. (only if it surprised a soul).
I imagine it that it can't be about anything violent, causing harm to others, illegal, or too disturbing as to create mayhem. Or is that both too vague and too specific?
Does anyone know of such a forum maybe outside of The Ledge?
Important but difficult or embarrassing true confessions, they have to be true, no making a thing up. Maybe helping yourself. Or maybe there's a good reason not to talk about it, if one just never has been able to.
That's it, it's embarrassment and shame. The Embarrassment and Shame Forum.
Ah, there must be one somewhere already.

Nikolaj 12-07-2010 04:55 AM

Checking:
nutjob.com,
itsashame.haha.org
crybabywhocares.net
thatseffedupman.whatever
schizrusinUSA

louielouie2000 12-07-2010 05:00 AM

I actually totally dig this idea. I think letting out the good, bad, and ugly is the most cathartic thing you can do as a person. The good thing about sharing TMI is that you have the ability to help others by proxy. So many subjects are taboo to the point where there's no healthy discussion of them, which causes mistakes to be repeated again and again. No subject is off limits for me personally... but I'm sure that won't be a unified sentiment around here. To me knowledge is knowledge is knowledge. And I love soaking up information about absolutely everything... so bring it on, I say! :thumbsup:

Dodfather 12-07-2010 06:40 AM

Oh I can contribute to this thread... but not right now as I'm at work! Once I'm homer with a beer or 4....

MissLadyLoki 12-07-2010 08:46 AM

I'm with Louie, let's do this thread! I think I can rustle up some stories

BTFLCHLD 12-07-2010 10:20 AM

JTIS :shrug:

http://www.fmylife.com/

TerraRhiannon 12-07-2010 11:54 AM

I don't know if this is TMI, but it's probably more that you want to know about my dream.

Last night I dreamed I had The Dance CD, and eveyone was buck naked on the album cover. Christine was wearing a black feather boa.

Then I went to one of their Dance shows, but I believe they were clothed.

Nikolaj 12-07-2010 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD (Post 926002)

I think I agree with the shrug, thank you! What the ef is it about me when it gets long about 5:27 in the morning? Edit: Just clicked on your link, thank you. That should do nicely.
Oh dear, someone bumped the rant du jour from the other night about Oprbama. Time to go bump it back down!

Silver Springs 12-07-2010 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon (Post 926015)
I don't know if this is TMI, but it's probably more that you want to know about my dream.

Last night I dreamed I had The Dance CD, and eveyone was buck naked on the album cover. Christine was wearing a black feather boa.

Then I went to one of their Dance shows, but I believe they were clothed.

Can you draw? I demand detail of Lindsey rofl!

RickRobert 12-07-2010 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Springs (Post 926037)
Can you draw? I demand detail of Lindsey rofl!

And as little detail of Mick as possible :eek:

DefDumbandBlond 12-07-2010 04:43 PM

TMI? I love TMI. :cool: I say go for it.

ButterCookie 12-07-2010 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DefDumbandBlond (Post 926060)
TMI? I love TMI. :cool: I say go for it.

Heh heh heh. The smut we've been known to post would get us thrown off :eek:

On drawings, I can has Christine in feather boa pls?

DefDumbandBlond 12-07-2010 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButterCookie (Post 926063)
Heh heh heh. The smut we've been known to post would get us thrown off :eek:

On drawings, I can has Christine in feather boa pls?

Ha, yup. :lol: Surprised we are still Blondie Forum members.

RickRobert 12-07-2010 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DefDumbandBlond (Post 926064)
Ha, yup. :lol: Surprised we are still Blondie Forum members.

I'm suprised too after... the thread :lol:

ButterCookie 12-07-2010 05:28 PM

The thread. Dun dun dun