The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   If "24 Karat Gold" is a major success will Stevie regret touring with FM (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=54017)

BlueDenimLamp 08-06-2014 08:16 PM

If "24 Karat Gold" is a major success will Stevie regret touring with FM

Now that we have our first glimpse of "24 Karat Gold / Songs From The Vault" and there seems to be a large initial interest in it and "24K" turns out to be even bigger than "In Your Dreams" was in terms of sales and critical reviews will Stevie at some point regret not postponing the FM tour until spring 2015 so she could tour in support of her new record and fully enjoy the spoils of her success...

DESTINYRU!ES 08-06-2014 08:31 PM

I feel no, she s content to get back to the Mac and Chris is in:)

bombaysaffires 08-06-2014 08:39 PM

no way. no matter how successful her new album is she'll never make the same kind of money from it that she will on a Mac tour.

PenguinHead 08-06-2014 08:43 PM

Not at all, especially because Christine is back in the band. But why don't you just ask her? I think the success of the album (without a promotional tour) will be very satisfying to her. When the Fleetwood Mac tour ends, she might make plans to tour and perform some of the songs.But I can't image her coming off a long tour with Fleetwood Mac, then immediately embark on another long solo tour. But then again, she is Stevie Nicks; she's a workhorse and lives to perform; the stage is like her second home.

It would be really cool if she just did a modest tour, along with a TV special (for DVD release) where she would talk about the history of each song, then perform each one. I'd be happy with that.

SameGlassTable 08-06-2014 09:10 PM

Great question !
I'm not sure ..

I'm starting to think this album will be an unexpected success

I think the trouble will come with her new Fleetwood Mac songs
She's really going to pull a rabbit out of hat for that .

APerfectLie 08-06-2014 09:52 PM

Lol are we talking about the same Stevie Nicks here? Of course she is going to regret it! She hasn't enjoyed touring with the Mac since the 80's and a few years after each tour she always talks about how terrible it was. I think she will still be ecstatic about Chris returning, even years from now, but I think we will definitely hear her say she missed out on this album because she had to go straight to FM, or if the album tanks she will say it was ruined bc she had to go back to FM and it never got the chance to spread it's wings.

Johnny Stew 08-06-2014 10:11 PM

Stevie probably would have liked to have had a chance to tour for this album, but I don't think she'll regret touring with Fleetwood Mac. She's been wishing Christine back for 16 years now -- I think she'll be thrilled to be on stage with "her" band once again.

FM77 08-06-2014 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1137870)
no way. no matter how successful her new album is she'll never make the same kind of money from it that she will on a Mac tour.

You are correct.

StreetAngel86 08-06-2014 10:27 PM

she can do a week of random, smaller venues here and there
i would fly over to see her

i don't see how she could regret touring with FM
if this record was pushed out solely to finish up her contract
no matter how much love when into delving through the Vault
she ultimately chose FM that's why this was done so quickly (IMO) :shrug:

Johnny Stew 08-06-2014 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 (Post 1137922)
no matter how much love when into delving through the Vault she ultimately chose FM that's why this was done so quickly (IMO) :shrug:

Very good point.

GavinBrown 08-06-2014 10:37 PM

No wayyyy! She will feel vindicated….make a ton of $$$ on tour, feel like she's ready for a huge mac comeback album….tour some more and make more $$$ then maybe she will feel like she can put out another solo album! :nod:

WatchChain 08-06-2014 10:38 PM

Hmmm. Touring major 18,000 seat arenas OR outdoor amphitheaters (SHEDS). I saw Stevie Nicks at The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion on the In Your Dreams Tour in 2011. It is an outdoor amphitheater in Houston, Texas and there were about 4,900 people there. In fact, the lawn seating (which holds like another 7,000 people) was not even opened. This year, The Mac will play the Toyota Center in Houston which holds about 19,300 and the show is SOLD OUT.

Granted, I guess the profits are different because, as part of THE MAC, Stevie gets a smaller percentage than touring solo. I heard Mick Fleetwood say that Stevie earns a hell of a lot more money touring with THE MAC. But, alas, I guess its really not all about the money for Stevie. She has plenty. In my heart, I really think she PREFERS touring and working solo at this point in her career. NOTE: I also think she REALLY DID NOT EXPECT CHRISTINE TO RETURN. THIS REALLY THREW A LOOP IN HER PLANS. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure she's happy about Chris, but at the end of the day, I think she'd just rather work alone. I don't think she's as ecstatic about the upcoming tour as she would have some believe.

Danigirl 08-06-2014 11:13 PM

She loves to hate The Mac; it's like an annoying little sister, you hate her but thats part of your love for her as well. It's like Thanksgiving dinner with family. You despise going but once you're there you wouldn't have it any other way.

I think she loves touring alone, but it's a different kind of love, it's incomplete. It's a little too easy. A little too much of "smooth sailing" going on. That's one thing I have always respected about Stevie, she never got "too cool or too big" for the band.

Macfanforever 08-07-2014 12:04 AM

With Chris in the picture now. NO.If the upcoming tour was only with the 4 of them.Maybe But she will dump big stadium ,arena $$$$$$ money if she did even with the 4 of them.

The timing is just mixed up.

HoursAndHours 08-07-2014 12:07 AM

This is pretty similar to their early 80s timing, right? Bella Donna in 81, Mirage in 82, Wild Heart in 83? With a bunch of touring in the middle? I don't think she'll regret it, I think the fast work and a jesus-kabillion things to do sorta keeps her going.