The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Has anybody actually stuck to New Year's resolutions this year? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=12930)

darklinensuit 01-25-2004 06:03 AM

Has anybody actually stuck to New Year's resolutions this year?

I was working out consistently until my accident. I wasn't hurt, but I was really tired & out of sync (yes, more than usual).

As far as eating healthier, forget it.

I don't make resolutions most years, & I've never made any health-related ones before recently. Now I understand what all the fuss & frustration are about.

- Jake

DownOnRodeo 01-25-2004 10:33 AM

Accident?? Sorry to hear / Glad you're OK

I've successfully stuck to my previous New Years resolution which is to not get tempted into making anymore new year resolutions. It's the only one I've ever stuck to!

goldie 01-25-2004 10:49 AM

I never make any.....it's too hard to stick to them!!

DrummerDeanna 01-25-2004 01:02 PM

Jake you were in an accident?? Glad you're okay though :)

As for a New Year's resolution...I rarely make them...but last year as my lent thingy (my mom always said you don't really have to give something up, you can also take something positive up, so that's what I do usually) I decided to live a healthier lifestyle (exercise etc...) so I stuck to that and kept with it...and so when the New Year came around I just resolved to stick with it...which I have so far...I've never felt better or been in better shape, and the size I wear now I haven't worn since high school...so I WILL stick with it because I love the way working out makes me feel :) Now...I totally can't master the eating better thing lol...but I'm trying.

darklinensuit 01-25-2004 01:47 PM

Re: Accident?? Sorry to hear / Glad you're OK

Quote:

Originally posted by DownOnRodeo
I've successfully stuck to my previous New Years resolution which is to not get tempted into making anymore new year resolutions. It's the only one I've ever stuck to!
For next year: Appreciate WISYA once per day.;)

- Jake

darklinensuit 01-25-2004 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by goldie
I never make any.....it's too hard to stick to them!!
I guess that's the lesson I'm learning.

- Jake

darklinensuit 01-25-2004 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DrummerDeanna
Jake you were in an accident?? Glad you're okay though :)

As for a New Year's resolution...I rarely make them...but last year as my lent thingy (my mom always said you don't really have to give something up, you can also take something positive up, so that's what I do usually) I decided to live a healthier lifestyle (exercise etc...) so I stuck to that and kept with it...and so when the New Year came around I just resolved to stick with it...which I have so far...I've never felt better or been in better shape, and the size I wear now I haven't worn since high school...so I WILL stick with it because I love the way working out makes me feel :) Now...I totally can't master the eating better thing lol...but I'm trying.

I like your mom's philosophy.

May I blame Houston for the diet thingy? We must be doing something right now that we're the second-fattest city rather than the first.
On the other hand, perhaps it just means Detroit is doing something wrong.

I do plan to work out later today.
And I do plan to eat whatever the hell I feel like, too. (Usually not too too bad.)

- Jake

jwd 01-25-2004 02:57 PM

The only News Years resolutions I made is not to make any. It's a work in progress baby, and there's no "real" beginning or end. :)

Joe

darklinensuit 01-26-2004 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by jwd
The only News Years resolutions I made is not to make any. It's a work in progress baby, and there's no "real" beginning or end. :)

Joe

I agree with the work in progress part but I believe there is a beginning and an end.

- Jake

jwd 01-26-2004 01:23 AM

Quote:

darklinensuit:

I agree with the work in progress part but I believe there is a beginning and an end.
Jake, I meant that in terms of the calendar year. I don't look at it like oh it's Jan. 1, time to start over again. I just do these types of things all year long. I guess the only "end" will be when I die.

Joe

littlelies7 01-26-2004 10:42 AM

Nope.

I've gotten only one: limit TV watching.

darklinensuit 01-26-2004 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jwd
I guess the only "end" will be when I die.

Joe

Well then you need to resolve not to & then stick with it, guy.;)

- Jake

darklinensuit 01-26-2004 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by littlelies7
Nope.

I've gotten only one: limit TV watching.

I find that my TV viewing is down.
Thank goodness for the internet.:cool:

- Jake

Jason T. 01-26-2004 08:36 PM

I've really never been into making New Years resolutions, seriously, there just another promise to yourself that you end up breaking when you find that there is one more coupon for 2 large two-topping pizzas from Pizza Hut left in the phone book (and you have to use them now, because they expire at the end of February)!

I figure if the time is ever going to come around when I'll actually get off my lazy butt and make myself better...it's not going to end up falling on New Years.

Not to say I'm negative about setting goals, I just think there needs to be some motivation behind someone to power them up to achieve them. Maybe it's just me, but the increment of one more year isn't enough.

jwd 01-26-2004 08:46 PM

Quote:

darklinensuit:

Originally posted by jwd
I guess the only "end" will be when I die.

Joe
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well then you need to resolve not to & then stick with it, guy.

:laugh: OK, I'll do my best, but I'm not making any promises! ;) :D

Joe