The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Who honestly thinks... (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=16163)

GateandGarden 09-14-2004 11:12 PM

Who honestly thinks...

...that some (or all) of the songs on In the Meantime are about Fleetwood Mac? Having listened to the whole CD, I have to say that I don't think so at all, but I don't really know for sure, of course. I know that some fans and reviewers are convinced that she had FM in mind when writing some of the music, and I wanted to see what y'all thought about that.

Hillary

GypsySorcerer 09-14-2004 11:35 PM

Well, I'm still waiting on my copy from Amazon, but I've read all the lyrics. I don't they're about FM, really. "So Sincere" kind of reminded me of Lindsey, for some reason, but I think most of the album is about her breakup with Eddy Quintela.

blinker12 09-15-2004 12:51 AM

"Bad Journey" is mostly about a love relationship, but I think there's a bit of her old "I hate being on the road" sentiment in there, too. So in that way it would be indirectly related to Mac.

Gailh 09-15-2004 02:56 AM

I don't honestly think they're about FM

I thought they were about her ex - Eddy Quintela - but she's since said they were about "a guy I was seeing" which hardly sounds like an ex husband. But in the New York Post interview she says they aren't about her.

So either she keeps changing her mind or she wants to keep it private.

some of the lyrics are quite vitriolic which would suggest they are about someone who hurt her very much. For example "Like a gun in your back, stab in the dark, this sure isn't cupid's dart" or "once in a while I'm thrown back into that dark place where you reside"

Someone has posted on Christine's web site that they saw her at the Mac concert on 10 Sep and she went to see them in London last year so if there was any bad feeling I think it's gone now.

Gail

macfan 57 09-15-2004 04:51 AM

I definitely don't think any of the songs have anything to do with Fleetwood Mac. I always assumed they were about Eddy Quintela & the break-up of her marriage. Then she mentioned in that Boston Globe interview that they were about a guy she was seeing, and it didn't pan out. So, I thought that maybe they were about somebody new. Now, in the New York Post interview she says they weren't about her at all. Now, I'm back to where I think they're about Eddy. I tend to think she just doesn't want to admit they're about her ex-husband. Maybe, she's just trying to confuse us. :laugh:

ThePenguin 09-15-2004 07:05 AM

>> Now, in the New York Post interview she says they weren't about her at all. Now, I'm back to where I think they're about Eddy. I tend to think she just doesn't want to admit they're about her ex-husband. Maybe, she's just trying to confuse us. >>

Yeah, I have to agree. It's like she's being deliberately non-committal. :)

-Lis

jbrownsjr 09-15-2004 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePenguin
>> Now, in the New York Post interview she says they weren't about her at all. Now, I'm back to where I think they're about Eddy. I tend to think she just doesn't want to admit they're about her ex-husband. Maybe, she's just trying to confuse us. >>

Yeah, I have to agree. It's like she's being deliberately non-committal. :)

-Lis

Yes I believe this is pretty obvious about not being committal!

gypsygem81 09-26-2004 02:26 PM

It sounds like she really doesn't want people to know who they are about, but she has said that most of them are about this guy. I certainly don't think they're about FM. She's had a long time away from them and I think she's moved on.

Love Gem