The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   We want Fritz music!... (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=4606)

ERigby818 11-29-2001 09:49 AM

Thank you!

Thanks Javier for posting those song titles. I loved where Lindsey sang that long, high note in "Louisa Joy." Cool:thumbsup:!
-Sonia

iamstevienicks 01-02-2003 05:25 AM

*bump*

CarneVaca 01-02-2003 10:58 AM

Javier:

Thanks for posting. As I'm sure you've figured out by now, you could make yourself available 24 hours a day and the questions would not stop. There is that much interest in this band.

I agree with your assessment of the nature of "Behind the Music." I have at times been frustrated with the shallow approach and the obvious errors. The editors and producers could certainly be friendlier to accuracy. No question.

However, having been in the information-gathering business for all of my adult life, I learned early on that memory is a funny thing. Two people (or more) may remember the same event completely differently and sometimes both are right, or at least not inaccurate. It's a matter of perspective and perception. One person's own remembrances may vary from one time of remembering to another.

Having said that, a couple of points you made earlier piqued my interest. You have said that Fritz was already disintegrating just as Stevie and Lindsey went to LA. However, in the Q&A posted on this site, you also said this:

"The band broke up because Stevie and Lindsey decided they wanted to move to Los Angeles."

Could you clarify this?

Secondly, you say you did not rule with an "iron fist" as it was reported on Behind the Music. However, you say in the Q&A the following:

"If you ask the others, they may spread the blame around [in reference to the band's breakup]. They might say I was a tyrant, a rat."

Though you may not feel that you ruled with iron fist, it appears you are acknowledging that the others in the band may have perceived that was the case. Do you think that "iron fist" statement therefore came from others in the band, possibly even Stevie or Lindsey? And ultimately, is it possible that you exerted more control over the band than the others were comfortable with?

Thanks for your time.

blinker12 01-02-2003 04:31 PM

With all due respect, CarneVaca, I doubt Javier is going to answer your questions. Your tone is a little combative _ it sounds like you have the guy on the witness stand or something.

Besides, I don't see how the statements you cite are that contradictory. Regarding the breakup: I think what Javier is saying is that Stevie and Lindsey didn't make a *unilateral* decision to break the band up (as Stevie's quotation implies). Instead, the band had already decided to break up due to S&L's move to L.A.

And while he acknowledges in the Q&A that some band members may have *perceived* him as a tyrant, I don't see it as contradictory that he also says those perceptions weren't correct. If you've ever been in a band, you know that egos often clash, and that members often accuse each other of being tyrants. But the accusations are based more on wounded pride or arrogance than truth.

Humbly,
Justin

Mac Fan 01-02-2003 04:48 PM

Is Fritz the band that Lindsye and Stevie were in before Buckingham-Nicks?
I'd love to hear their music, haven't heard any of it yet.

CarneVaca 01-02-2003 10:41 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by blinker12
With all due respect, CarneVaca, I doubt Javier is going to answer your questions.

Let's let the man decide for himself.

Your tone is a little combative _ it sounds like you have the guy on the witness stand or something.

Certainly I wasn't being combative. I hope I was respectful, which is all I was trying to do. The man said he wants to set the record straight, which I appreciate and applaud.

Besides, I don't see how the statements you cite are that contradictory.

I didn't say anything about being contradictory. I merely sought to point out that one might get confused from reading the different statements. Again, Javier says he wants to set the record straight. I think that's a good idea, and that is why I asked my questions. Since he thankfully has made himself available, I thought I'd take advantage and have a shot at asking a couple of questions. I think that's still permitted around here.

Regarding the breakup: I think what Javier is saying is that Stevie and Lindsey didn't make a *unilateral* decision to break the band up (as Stevie's quotation implies). Instead, the band had already decided to break up due to S&L's move to L.A.

I think we should let him speak for himself, if he so chooses.

And while he acknowledges in the Q&A that some band members may have *perceived* him as a tyrant, I don't see it as contradictory that he also says those perceptions weren't correct.

"Contradictory" is your word, not mine.

If you've ever been in a band, you know that egos often clash, and that members often accuse each other of being tyrants. But the accusations are based more on wounded pride or arrogance than truth.

I've never been in a band, but I am familiar with human nature.

If Javier chooses to address my questions, I will be eternally grateful. If he wants to ignore them, as is his right, that's OK too. I simply wanted to clarify some confusion in my own mind. I had no intention of offending anyone.

Street_Dreamer 01-02-2003 10:49 PM

Funny thing about this post is that it's more than 2 years old and we don't have anything. I'm not even sure that Javier posts anymore here.

Matt

ThePenguin 01-02-2003 10:57 PM

I sent Javier a message asking him to check out this thread and it bounced back to me as undeliverable. I do not know if he is still currently online or not. I think if he knew about this thread, he would probably participate.

- Marty

CarneVaca 01-03-2003 09:04 AM

This thread is that old!??? I didn't even notice that. Oh well, I'm sure he's moved on to better things.

Mac Fan 01-03-2003 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by CarneVaca
This thread is that old!??? I didn't even notice that. Oh well, I'm sure he's moved on to better things.
I only noticed how old it was.

seteca 01-03-2003 05:09 PM

I love how Javier has the title "Fritz" under his name...!:p

How many times do we have to post to get that title??:laugh:;)

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

wondergirl9847 01-04-2003 01:52 PM

seteca...

Dude, you always make me :laugh:! I didn't even notice that under his name! This thread IS old...and darnit, we want some FRITZ MUSIC!! :nod::thumbsup::D

TomBanks147 03-10-2006 12:30 PM

I have never heard a Fritz song. Its a shame because I'd love to.

David 03-10-2006 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBanks147
I have never heard a Fritz song. Its a shame because I'd love to.

It's an even bigger shame than you realize because a bunch of Fritz songs are posted right here on the Penguin, which you aren't aware of.

madformac 03-10-2006 12:50 PM

I'm amazed we've dug up a three year old thread. Maybe we will find Carne Vaca if we look some more!