The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   25th Anniversary of Out of the Cradle (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57253)

lbfan 06-16-2017 05:14 AM

25th Anniversary of Out of the Cradle

June 16, 2017 marks the 25th anniversary of the release of Out of the Cradle. Three years in the making, it is a cathartic album of songs dealing with separation and loss. This was the last project that Lindsey worked on with long-time collaborator and friend Richard Dashut.

seanthompson 06-16-2017 07:25 AM

'Out Of The Cradle' is my favorite Lindsey album. So Lindsey, and so Fleetwood Mac. Classic. Hopefully, there will be a box set.

BLY 06-16-2017 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanthompson (Post 1211845)
'Out Of The Cradle' is my favorite Lindsey album. So Lindsey, and so Fleetwood Mac. Classic. Hopefully, there will be a box set.

I ditto that! The album should have dropped two or three years earlier and would have been a huge commercial hit!

dontlookdown 07-14-2017 01:23 AM

Kind of shocking that so much time has passed.
It was a cathartic album for a lot of fans -- his Rumours for sure, although I might like Seeds We Sow better.

I would love it if Lindsey and Richard did another project together. That sound for me is the real Fleetwood Mac sound.

button-lip 04-19-2018 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontlookdown (Post 1213872)
It was a cathartic album for a lot of fans -- his Rumours for sure, although I might like Seeds We Sow better.

I would love it if Lindsey and Richard did another project together. That sound for me is the real Fleetwood Mac sound.

My favorite Lindsey album. And ditto about Lindsey and Richard working together again. :blob2::blob2:

TrueFaith77 04-19-2018 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontlookdown (Post 1213872)

Hmmm, if I were to rank Lindsey's albums:

1. Gift of Screws
2. Under the Skin
3. Go Insane
4. Law & Order
5. Out of the Cradle
6. Seeds We Sow <--even though it is arguably the most consistently enjoyable/diverse from start to finish

button-lip 04-19-2018 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1223770)
Hmmm, if I were to rank Lindsey's albums:

1. Gift of Screws
2. Under the Skin
3. Go Insane
4. Law & Order
5. Out of the Cradle
6. Seeds We Sow <--even though it is arguably the most consistently enjoyable/diverse from start to finish

Here’s my ranking:

1. Out of the Cradle
2. Seeds We Sow
3. Gift of Screws
4. Under the Skin
5. Go Insane
6. Law & Order

bombaysaffires 04-19-2018 06:33 PM

1. Out of the Cradle
2. Gift of Screws
3. Under the Skin
4. Seeds We Sow
5. Law & Order
6. Go Insane

wondergirl9847 04-19-2018 10:28 PM

Perfection

Until tonight...I had not listened to this album in full since I lost my parents last summer. OOTC is now even more poignant than it already was to me. This (along with Go Insane) is the first album I bought after I became an LB fan in March 2001. I remember listening to it obsessively back then as it helped me through a rough time in my life (my parent's separation). That summer, me, my dad and my aunt went to Colorado and I took the CD. Driving through the mountains, listening to the gorgeous, lush music made me happy while I dealt with family turmoil.

I hope Lindsey is aware of how important and special his music has been to his fans. I wrote him a letter and handed it to him in London in 2003. I wish I had gotten a photocopy of it, but I believe I mentioned OOTC and how important it was to me in it. :)

elle 04-19-2018 11:43 PM

my rank:

1. Seeds
2. and 3. Cradle and Screws
4. Go Insane
5. Under the Skin (although Rodeo and To Try For The Sun are probably in my top 10 LB songs)
6. Law & Order

elle 04-19-2018 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 (Post 1223796)
Until tonight...I had not listened to this album in full since I lost my parents last summer. OOTC is now even more poignant than it already was to me. This (along with Go Insane) is the first album I bought after I became an LB fan in March 2001. I remember listening to it obsessively back then as it helped me through a rough time in my life (my parent's separation). That summer, me, my dad and my aunt went to Colorado and I took the CD. Driving through the mountains, listening to the gorgeous, lush music made me happy while I dealt with family turmoil.

I hope Lindsey is aware of how important and special his music has been to his fans. I wrote him a letter and handed it to him in London in 2003. I wish I had gotten a photocopy of it, but I believe I mentioned OOTC and how important it was to me in it. :)

:xoxo::xoxo::xoxo::xoxo::xoxo: