The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Tango Deluxe Release Ledgie Reviews and Comments (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57018)

jbrownsjr 03-30-2017 08:37 AM

Tango Deluxe Release Ledgie Reviews and Comments

We have so many posts in the other thread that I wanted to reset and get your comments, reviews, etc. in this thread. Looking forward to hearing some new/old FMac. circa. 1987.

sara79 03-30-2017 06:29 PM

Just listening now (at work).
Ooh My Love is one of my favourites from OSOTM. This Tango version isn't anything like it. Shares a few lyrics but not much else. On first listen I don't think I like it.
Full version of You & I is Parts 1 and 2 combined - not noticing anything new or changed from what we've already heard (maybe a longer instrumental intro?)
Alt version of Mystified is nice - maybe more LB solo vocals?
Special Kind of Love - I like it, LB lead vocal, CMV harmony. Don't think any Stevie. Doesn't sound like demo we may have previously heard.
Haven't listened to everything yet - but a little underwhelmed at this stage.

Andyleo 03-30-2017 06:38 PM

The Juliet run through is the same as the bootleg we've had for ages but it's nice to hear it not cut off.
I love the Mystified instrumental, and I absolutely loathed the album version.
The album itself sounds nice and crisp and fresh, I'm sure the instruments all stand out a little more, like there's more space between them. It reminds me of when I first played the LP back in 1987.
Still listening to the remixes but nothing new to report there.
Also Isn't it Midnight (alt. version) isn't the version from The Chain box set. I noticed a lot of extra harmonizing on this new alt version.
The remastered Caroline is sublime, those drums and that bass are unnaturally awesome. I can't believe how much smoother all these remasters sound, streets ahead of the "Very Best of" remastered versions that were done back years ago.

jbrownsjr 03-30-2017 10:04 PM

I'm so in love with

Special Kind of Love

Sounds a bit unfinished, but very BuckVie..

StevieandChris 03-30-2017 10:28 PM

Ooh My Love demo...I like the music but definitely prefer the finished song on TOSOTM!

jbrownsjr 03-30-2017 10:31 PM

Everything sounds so crisp. Wow.

Forgot how much I love Down Endless Street.

Wdm6789 03-30-2017 10:40 PM

I love the long intro on You and I full version.

Nathan 03-31-2017 01:22 AM

Big ol grin on my face from the Juliet run through. :thumbsup:

I only bought a few but they all sound amazing so far. Looking forward to the Seven Wonders dub mix at the gym.

McDoobler 03-31-2017 07:23 AM

Unfortunately, the whole tango deluxe isnt on spotify. They finally added all of the Mirage deluxe edition and all the Kirwan/Welch era albums!!:blob1::blob1:

jbrownsjr 03-31-2017 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McDoobler (Post 1205105)
Unfortunately, the whole tango deluxe isnt on spotify. They finally added all of the Mirage deluxe edition and all the Kirwan/Welch era albums!!:blob1::blob1:

Yes, itunes has the same set up. They want you to buy it and pay for the streaming service. :eek:

Wdm6789 03-31-2017 09:40 AM

Quote:

So is Why on Spotify? I want Why on my iTunes. Has anyone put up the Family Man music video on YouTube yet?

Nick 03-31-2017 09:56 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the heads up!

24karatstevie 03-31-2017 10:22 AM

Quote:

Yes! I love the Welch years!

jbrownsjr 03-31-2017 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24karatstevie (Post 1205133)
Yes! I love the Welch years!

I know!!! :blob1::blob1:

tango87 03-31-2017 11:23 AM

Really delighted by this box set; it was very exciting unwrapping it - I felt 15 again!

I've been deliberately avoiding Tango since pre-ordering this months ago, so it's great to listen with fresh(ish) ears. Really going mad (in a good way) all over again for the title track and 'Mystified' - both so full of atmosphere. It's funny how an album that was recorded under pretty trying circumstances can seem to have such cohesion.

Wonderful to hear 'Ricky' in sparkling quality - I do love that song. And I adore the full 'You and I' -that beautiful linking passage that was only there in the fade-out on the B-side is just stunning.

I don't think I'll be rushing back to listen to the remixes very often - they really do date it. And I hated that craze for club mixes the first time round.

The DVD is great - it reminds me that when they first put out the Tango VHS tape, I got very excited thinking it would be the promo videos. Not happy to find it was a tour video without Lindsey... So it's great to have that excitement finally justified - only 30 years later! But the 'Family Man' promo is still a major rip-off. They should have used the lovely animation of the album cover from the UK TV commercial instead, especially as they took a still from it for the 'Family Man' single cover. Remember that little box set that came with prints?

Very strange choice to use the version of the 'Everywhere' video without any of those black and white shots of the band. I always used the think the highwayman was Lindsey in disguise!

Anyway, I'm happy.